Internationals.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Internationals.

Postby Mase » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:56 am

Stunning. Like a young Burt Reynolds
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Dubciteh » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:45 am

Its a funny one, i havent been remotely excited about him but i should be, 30 odd mill, starting for brazil scoring goals, whats not to like? I blame robinho.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby PrezIke » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:54 am

Now I hope some are seeing why we won't need a 3rd striker.

On CityWatch they were going on about us not having a 3rd striker, until Howard Hockin pointed out a few key points:

1) Jesus is coming in January
2) This hypothetical 3rd striker of such quality to spell Aguero will not be happy as they won't play unless someone is injured.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Sideshow Bob » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:51 pm

hate to do this but it must be done. if you watched the entirety of brazil-equador, you'd have seen that jesus was DIRE until the last 20 min when equador had tired and been reduced to 10 men. wasted chances, caught offsides and some embarrassing dives. seems very one-footed to me and not at all a technical player like neymar, let alone ronaldo the fat. for the first goal, he got lucky...went with a strange stab with his right instead of striking through the volley with his left. the second goal was class tbf but i'm still unconvinced and think he'll struggle against PL defenders. yes, im a huge rag.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:55 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:hate to do this but it must be done. if you watched the entirety of brazil-equador, you'd have seen that jesus was DIRE until the last 20 min when equador had tired and been reduced to 10 men. wasted chances, caught offsides and some embarrassing dives. seems very one-footed to me and not at all a technical player like neymar, let alone ronaldo the fat. for the first goal, he got lucky...went with a strange stab with his right instead of striking through the volley with his left. the second goal was class tbf but i'm still unconvinced and think he'll struggle against PL defenders. yes, im a huge rag.

I was trying to resist the temptation to respond but the bolded bit, really??!!
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Sideshow Bob » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:59 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:hate to do this but it must be done. if you watched the entirety of brazil-equador, you'd have seen that jesus was DIRE until the last 20 min when equador had tired and been reduced to 10 men. wasted chances, caught offsides and some embarrassing dives. seems very one-footed to me and not at all a technical player like neymar, let alone ronaldo the fat. for the first goal, he got lucky...went with a strange stab with his right instead of striking through the volley with his left. the second goal was class tbf but i'm still unconvinced and think he'll struggle against PL defenders. yes, im a huge rag.

just the way i saw it in live time, mate. even the commentators said it was an odd strike with the bottom of his foot.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:08 pm

In all fairness, he struck the second goal beautifully but he had loads of room to do so because of a paucity of defenders around him.

Don't know how he would fare against sides that were 'parking the bus'.

I'm not convinced he's our coveted 3rd striker because, in any event, he won't arrive until January and, as yet, he's totally unproven in the Premier League and could take some time to fit in and adapt to the Pep way of playing.

Anyway, it's all academic because now that the window has closed, we're 'stuck' with what we have got (or not got - if that's not a solecism).
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:40 pm

Honestly think the idea is aguero, then Nacho and if needed Raheem or Nolito up top. Might be wrong but that's how I see it.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:48 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Honestly think the idea is aguero, then Nacho and if needed Raheem or Nolito up top. Might be wrong but that's how I see it.

That's how I see it too, I'd even throw Sane into the mix besides Pep has shown at Barca that he's not striker reliant although that said he did have Messi then.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby CTID Hants » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:26 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Honestly think the idea is aguero, then Nacho and if needed Raheem or Nolito up top. Might be wrong but that's how I see it.

Yes, it's odd that no one has suggested Nolito so far, he's more than capable and in fact he's listed on the OS as a striker......... http://www.mancity.com/teams/first-team/strikers/nolito
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:33 pm

So, what you're saying is the lad has talent but needs coaching. I think I know someone who just might be able to help.him in January.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby PrezIke » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:01 pm

You seem quite skeptical of this lad and really on his case for some reason mate. What's up?? So many of the best clubs wanted him, so seems they may have a bit of an idea, no?

During the Olympics you posted a rant about his performance in their first game after he missed a sitter, and now after his debut when he actually scores two goals.

In fairness, I did not watch the match, but was the commenter talking about he or Neymar when he said "he's been brilliant this second half?"

Not sure what the big problem is with how he struck the ball to score the first, as it shows confidence and skill. When a player shoots a rabona is that not also unorthodox? Seems to me the same thought was applied here, and he just happens to have incredible technical ability.

If someone has a bad game and scores two goals it seems like nitpicking, to be honest.

He is also 19, and learning. When he comes under Pep I am sure he will learn new things to enhance his game. We have that type of manager, because the skill is clear, and I don't quite get why it's hard to see.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Sideshow Bob » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:13 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

So, what you're saying is the lad has talent but needs coaching. I think I know someone who just might be able to help.him in January.

my post was probably more harsh that i intended, and i do think under pep he'll improve. its just that all of this "new neymar" (or new ronaldo) stuff we were told is way over the top. hes not that player. not nearly. not yet.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Sideshow Bob » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:16 pm

PrezIke wrote:

You seem quite skeptical of this lad and really on his case for some reason mate. What's up?? So many of the best clubs wanted him, so seems they may have a bit of an idea, no?

During the Olympics you posted a rant about his performance in their first game after he missed a sitter, and now after his debut when he actually scores two goals.

In fairness, I did not watch the match, but was the commenter talking about he or Neymar when he said "he's been brilliant this second half?"

Not sure what the big problem is with how he struck the ball to score the first, as it shows confidence and skill. When a player shoots a rabona is that not also unorthodox? Seems to me the same thought was applied here, and he just happens to have incredible technical ability.

If someone has a bad game and scores two goals it seems like nitpicking, to be honest.

He is also 19, and learning. When he comes under Pep I am sure he will learn new things to enhance his game. We have that type of manager, because the skill is clear, and I don't quite get why it's hard to see.

fair anough. as i said above, my latest "rant" was more harsh than it needed to be. just trying to temper expectations for those who havent seem him and are expecting his to come in january and light up the PL. although what do i know, maybe he will do.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby PrezIke » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:39 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:
PrezIke wrote:

fair anough. as i said above, my latest "rant" was more harsh than it needed to be. just trying to temper expectations for those who havent seem him and are expecting his to come in january and light up the PL. although what do i know, maybe he will do.

I hear you. Hopefully he is able to provide us with the goal scoring ability we could benefit from without a real 3rd striker in the squad now.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby BookJunior » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:40 pm

I'm slightly amazed at the lack of comment on Slovakia v England, but I need to ask one.

Does anyone agree with me that playing for your country and therefore winning a cap is a higher honour than playing for City?

It's always been the case for me.
BookJunior
Darius Vassell's Composure

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Dameerto » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:42 pm

Kane's just getting his arse handed to him every time the ball goes anywhere near him. I hope he can finish better than his off the ball and buildup play because he's been wank so far.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:43 pm

Dameerto wrote:Kane's just getting his arse handed to him every time the ball goes anywhere near him. I hope he can finish better than his off the ball and buildup play because he's been wank so far.

What station is it on?
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Dameerto » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:44 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Dameerto wrote:Kane's just getting his arse handed to him every time the ball goes anywhere near him. I hope he can finish better than his off the ball and buildup play because he's been wank so far.

What station is it on?

ITV1 in the UK
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby zuricity » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:47 pm

Clive Tyldesley is awful and Glenn Hoddle isn't much better.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum