Franz Beckenbauer

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Franz Beckenbauer

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:18 am

Original Dub wrote:Don't drop the soap Franz.

You cunt.

Ouch.

Nice one OD.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:25 am

RodneyRodney wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
RodneyRodney wrote:Years back in Manc. I had a German mate (from Schleswig) , who was a diehard Blue , who reckons most Germans detest Beckenbauer, despit his footballing record ; "das Bayrische schweinhund" they call him. Germans(he said) have a dislike for Bayerische in general , whom they regard as "fascist pigs who got us into the war"

I find that really interesting RR.

Just as a further aside, did your friend ever intimate what Germans think of Austria, on that basis responsible in those circumstances for producing the Hitler/Shicklgruber phenomenon ??

I was pretty surprised at it too - but , according to my friend , he's pretty much despised in Hamburg,Koln, Frankfurt,etc., and there's a firm divide of attitudes & culture between Bayern & the rest of Germany ; likewise Austrians too. They're regarded as backward,old-fashioned and uneducated banjo strummers. Perhaps there's a similar parrallel of mistrust/contempt in US society between, say, New Yorkers & Dixie.

Thanks chum; interesting to know.

It's almost like a sort of North-South divide which, historically, might spring from the fact that, before 1871, Germany was not a single unified 'country', just a geographical amalgam of independent small states, basically speaking the same language.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:33 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Crikey, looks as though those who have been referring to John Stones as 'Stonesenbauer' (me included in that) will have to stop.

We can't have him associated with anything so tainted.

Sorry John.

You like your music Mikhail.
Word is Beckenbauer, Hoeness and Rumenigge are going to form a powerhouse trio.
They're calling themselves The Kaiser Cheats.

Bet that one does a Stuka.

Brilliant.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:30 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Interesting that they're dealing with previous corruption but where is the evidence to deal with the upcoming WCs?

Exactly.
I had zero interest in the Olympics and I already have zero interest in the next two World Cups.
Terrible really. Nearly hope we don't qualify.
Our best sporting showpieces are being robbed from us.

As you get a little older you realise that Santa Clause doesn't really exist, apart from in our hearts.

Fuck you Beefy, you should have put that i a spoiler box.
First football's not real, now Santa.?
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby patrickblue » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:15 pm

RodneyRodney wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
RodneyRodney wrote:Years back in Manc. I had a German mate (from Schleswig) , who was a diehard Blue , who reckons most Germans detest Beckenbauer, despit his footballing record ; "das Bayrische schweinhund" they call him. Germans(he said) have a dislike for Bayerische in general , whom they regard as "fascist pigs who got us into the war"

I find that really interesting RR.

Just as a further aside, did your friend ever intimate what Germans think of Austria, on that basis responsible in those circumstances for producing the Hitler/Shicklgruber phenomenon ??

I was pretty surprised at it too - but , according to my friend , he's pretty much despised in Hamburg,Koln, Frankfurt,etc., and there's a firm divide of attitudes & culture between Bayern & the rest of Germany ; likewise Austrians too. They're regarded as backward,old-fashioned and uneducated banjo strummers. Perhaps there's a similar parrallel of mistrust/contempt in US society between, say, New Yorkers & Dixie.

Couldn't resist a chance to post an all time classic.

Watch on youtube.com
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum