Bony to potters on season long loan

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Bony to potters on season long loan

Postby CTID Hants » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:06 am

Stoke paying 2M for the season he's at theirs now tying it up.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Re: Bony to potters on season long loan

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:19 am

Where are you reading it's a season long mate? There I was hoping them rumours that he's off to China in Jamuary were true.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby CTID Hants » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:23 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Where are you reading it's a season long mate? There I was hoping them rumours that he's off to China in Jamuary were true.

Lots on newsnow but mirror specifically stating the terms i.e. season and 2M, on phone so cannot copy and paste

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ny-8739334
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby PeterParker » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:50 am

Incredible.

The loan policy we have is killing me.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:51 am

PeterParker wrote:Incredible.

Why?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby PeterParker » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:54 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

Why?

Taking a piss or are you serious?

At this moment, it looks like we cannot sell anyone. Simple. We cannot sell players for two years now.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:55 am

PeterParker wrote:

Why?

At this moment, it looks like we cannot sell anyone. Simple. We cannot sell players for two years now.

I'm serious, I don't get why it should bother anyone, this is football not accountancy wars. As long as our books are balanced who gives a fuck?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:56 am

PeterParker wrote:

Why?

think that the point is, why are you taking that personally? the club don't seem to have an issue with it...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby PeterParker » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:59 am

PeterParker wrote:

Why?

I'm serious, I don't get why it should bother anyone, this is football not accountancy wars. As long as our books are balanced who gives a fuck?

Well, we are paying salaries for players we do not need, who will help other clubs be better.

I would love to sell Yaya, Hart, Nasri, Bony and Mangala and get 100 mil, instead of getting what? 8 mil from loans (best case scenario) and we also get to pay their wages.

I am certain Pep wanted more players, but couldn”t get them because we failed to sell those from above. I am gutted, I am gutted because our selling policy is pathetic and clubs seems to know that and take advantage.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby mr_nool » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:19 am

It's because we've been holding on to players too long. We should sell them as soon as their standard begins to drop, before it's obvious for all and sundry.

I'm sure us fans will often think we release players too early, but it's still the way to go.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:20 am

PeterParker wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

Why?

Well, we are paying salaries for players we do not need, who will help other clubs be better.

I would love to sell Yaya, Hart, Nasri, Bony and Mangala and get 100 mil, instead of getting what? 8 mil from loans (best case scenario) and we also get to pay their wages.

I am certain Pep wanted more players, but couldn”t get them because we failed to sell those from above. I am gutted, I am gutted because our selling policy is pathetic and clubs seems to know that and take advantage.

Why are you certain that Pep wanted more players? Apart from Laporte/Bonnuci, who both decided they wanted to stay where they are, where is the evidence that we wanted more and furthermore where is the evidence that our inability to sell these players you've mentioned has impacted our ability to get who we want?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Cocacolajojo » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:56 am

mr_nool wrote:It's because we've been holding on to players too long. We should sell them as soon as their standard begins to drop, before it's obvious for all and sundry.

I'm sure us fans will often think we release players too early, but it's still the way to go.

Agree with this. The clearout should've started under Pellegrini's tenure, not after it.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:02 am

mr_nool wrote:It's because we've been holding on to players too long. We should sell them as soon as their standard begins to drop, before it's obvious for all and sundry.

Take your point but in Bony's case when was this? Last summer, just a few months after forking out for him?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby nottsblue » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:05 am

So they pay us a loan fee? Do they also cover his salary? If this stops a transfer to China then this is terrible business. PL clubs are awash with money. I'd tell Stoke to pay up and buy him or fuck off
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby mr_nool » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:07 am

Take your point but in Bony's case when was this? Last summer, just a few months after forking out for him?

Bony is obviously an exception. So is Mangala. I think they are both decent to good footballers, but they don't fit our style of play.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wooders » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:10 am

if its any consolation i think the era of buying players we don't need and keeping them beyond their value is at an end under pep
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby john@staustell » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:15 am

mr_nool wrote:

Bony is obviously an exception. So is Mangala. I think they are both decent to good footballers, but they don't fit our style of play.

Can we stick with half-decent for Wilf? :-)

I'm not an economic expert, but I really don't think transfer fees profit/loss matters these days to the top clubs. The purchase money - or as much of it as ever gets triggered - is more or less written off over the term of the contract. After that it's all about getting loan fees, little transfers and wage decreases as much as possible off the books. This applies to the whole 'football factory', young and not so young!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby PeterParker » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:20 am

Why are you certain that Pep wanted more players? Apart from Laporte/Bonnuci, who both decided they wanted to stay where they are, where is the evidence that we wanted more and furthermore where is the evidence that our inability to sell these players you've mentioned has impacted our ability to get who we want?

I am certain Pep wanted Aubamepingpong from Dortmund and also a wing back, on the left or right and certain he will try to get them in the january window.

Things with the Gabon chap was weird as fuck. City were in advanced talks then nothing and we did not bring anyone there either. Well, Jesus is a different type of player, while Moreno is still a mistery.

Our balance this summer is not good, if we look just at transfers. We paid what? I say 70 mil + addons that will bring the money to something like 150. We sold what? Dzeko, hopefully for 20 mil. What about the rest?

I agree, we took to much on selling our players and we can see that now. I still have no idea how/if Inter is still paying for Jovetic.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Sideshow Bob » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:20 am

Wooders wrote:if its any consolation i think the era of buying players we don't need and keeping them beyond their value is at an end under pep

agreed. for now, it's best just to get these boat anchors out of our dressing room.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:27 am

PeterParker wrote:

I am certain Pep wanted Aubamepingpong from Dortmund and also a wing back, on the left or right and certain he will try to get them in the january window.

Things with the Gabon chap was weird as fuck. City were in advanced talks then nothing and we did not bring anyone there either. Well, Jesus is a different type of player, while Moreno is still a mistery.

Our balance this summer is not good, if we look just at transfers. We paid what? I say 70 mil + addons that will bring the money to something like 150. We sold what? Dzeko, hopefully for 20 mil. What about the rest?

I agree, we took to much on selling our players and we can see that now. I still have no idea how/if Inter is still paying for Jovetic.

Who's the Gabon chap?
Why are you certain we were in for Aubameyang? Genuine question.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum