Sergio ban?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Sergio ban?

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:15 pm

Mase wrote:At the start of the season I said this would be my last year for a season ticket after 18 years straight. I was half hoping this season would change my mind.

But shit like this just makes me think I'm right. Can't be arsed with football anymore when it's just corrupt from the top down. What's the point wasting our money when they do shit like this. Just can't be bothered anymore.

Because this is the year Mase.
We're going to blow them out of the water despite their media machine going into overdrive.
I just feel it. And you don't want to miss it. It's probably what you've been waiting on.
Hopefully Pep's reign will put the final nails into a lot of coffins.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:18 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Mase wrote:At the start of the season I said this would be my last year for a season ticket after 18 years straight. I was half hoping this season would change my mind.

But shit like this just makes me think I'm right. Can't be arsed with football anymore when it's just corrupt from the top down. What's the point wasting our money when they do shit like this. Just can't be bothered anymore.

We're going to blow them out of the water despite their media machine going into overdrive.
I just feel it. And you don't want to miss it. It's probably what you've been waiting on.

I'd just like to quote that! ;-)
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby PrezIke » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:27 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:

This all day!
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby patrickblue » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:38 pm

Blackadder wrote:The referee did not see the incident... but video evidence shows he was 5 yards away looking right at it.

I conclude that he is either...

a) incompetent and should never referee anything above Sunday League again

b) a lying cnut

Latest odds:

a) 5000/1

b) 1/5000
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Blue Since 76 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:38 pm

I have no problem with the ban, per se, as.moan all we want, Aguero swung an elbow and even if he didn't properly connect, it's not on and deserves a ban.

However, since the referee 'didn't see it', how did someone know to investigate it? Does a panel watch every game looking for these sorts of things missed by referees and retrospectively banning players? If so, good on them. Although I suspect they only investigate incidents that he press decide to make an issue of. So how is that fair?
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby walmai » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:54 pm

I think that it was violent conduct. I try to say that without recourse to the old specs, too. Objectively, one player attacked another.

This was in the referee's line of sight.

It preceded Reid being subbed.

Reaching now for the old specs, I can see why Bilic might have said what he said, even if, in truth, Reid might have wanted to come off anyway. Part of me of course wishes he hadn't have come off, so that we don't now have to look at that dimension of the whole incident. Without it, I think everyone would agree that, if, say, Rooney had done what Aguero had done, or, even to use a completely random name, Borini for Sunderland had done it, nobody would have seriously argued that it didn't deserve a red. Maybe, just maybe, we wouldn't have lost 3-1 if we had had to play only 10 men, but, then again, on an 'ifs and buts' logic, you could have beaten us by more, if....

Quite often, the old specs get easily donned along with a side order of tin foil hat.

I wouldn't referee a Premiership match for all the tea in China. A totally impossible job, in the face of partisan support.
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:23 pm

walmai wrote:I think that it was violent conduct. I try to say that without recourse to the old specs, too. Objectively, one player attacked another.

This was in the referee's line of sight.

It preceded Reid being subbed.

Reaching now for the old specs, I can see why Bilic might have said what he said, even if, in truth, Reid might have wanted to come off anyway. Part of me of course wishes he hadn't have come off, so that we don't now have to look at that dimension of the whole incident. Without it, I think everyone would agree that, if, say, Rooney had done what Aguero had done, or, even to use a completely random name, Borini for Sunderland had done it, nobody would have seriously argued that it didn't deserve a red. Maybe, just maybe, we wouldn't have lost 3-1 if we had had to play only 10 men, but, then again, on an 'ifs and buts' logic, you could have beaten us by more, if....

Quite often, the old specs get easily donned along with a side order of tin foil hat.

I wouldn't referee a Premiership match for all the tea in China. A totally impossible job, in the face of partisan support.

You're not wrong Walmai. If Rooney did the same we would be baying for blood. But that's what most on here are complaining about. Nothing would be done about it 9 times out of 10, because it wouldn't be pushed by Sky.
Sergio shouldn't have reacted like he did and if that's s ban so be it. But it should be the same for all teams and all games not just the ones that Sky cameras are at and choose to whore on their channel in slow motions and 20 different angles until they find one that fits the agenda they are pushing.
I take your point that banning Kun doesn't benefit West Ham. But the uneven distribution of justice by the FA doesn't benefit the rest of the league either, only those that we feel are getting more than a helping hand through commercial interests that have too much influence in the game.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:51 pm

Let's face it, he deserved to be banned for what he did, whether we like it or not. For me now, it's that this incident has set a precedence for the season and anything of the sort that happened in that game is a 3 game ban, regardless if the ref seems it a yellow mid-game.

That is, of course, if Sky choose to highlight the case.

I'll be there though, even when I'm in some far flung place. The cunts will be getting it.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby patrickblue » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:14 pm

TBH, while the rags are celebrating, I'm not too concerned. I think this team has the beating of the rags with or without Kun.

The other two games, Bournemouth at home, and Swansea away in the league cup, he might not even have started.

It looks as if Nacho is fit, so here's his chance to fill his boots.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby PaulieIrish » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:55 pm

Fact is, Sergio did deserve a ban. If that was a rag who did it to one of our players, regardless of ref's sight, contact, or otherwise, we'd be baying for a ban.

The interesting thing is why we appealed. I can only think that we provided ample evidence of previous incidents (Bogbrush, etc) that previously went un-punished. We must have known we were on a hiding to nothing appealing. But, and this is just my theory, we did appeal so that future incidents from Manure and others will also get the same punishment. We all know Bogbrush does this every other game, so I hope we appealed so that an even playfield will apply in the future.

Other than that, I can think of no reason why we appealed...
PaulieIrish
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby aaron bond » Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:24 am

Sergio has no one to blame but himself. Stupid thing for him to do which now puts our next 3 games at risk, including against one of our main title rivals.

Iheanacho can definitely step up - I have lots of confidence in him. Although I'm wondering if Pep will push Nolito up. My concern with this is that it might mean Sterling back on the left wing, but he's a far better player on the right.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Slim » Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:02 am

aaron bond wrote:Sergio has no one to blame but himself. Stupid thing for him to do which now puts our next 3 games at risk, including against one of our main title rivals.

Iheanacho can definitely step up - I have lots of confidence in him. Although I'm wondering if Pep will push Nolito up. My concern with this is that it might mean Sterling back on the left wing, but he's a far better player on the right.

Sane is supposedly available for selection after the break.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Plain Speaking » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:09 am

Slim wrote:
aaron bond wrote:Sergio has no one to blame but himself. Stupid thing for him to do which now puts our next 3 games at risk, including against one of our main title rivals.

Sane is supposedly available for selection after the break.

It's going to be hard for Sane/Gundogan to get up to speed in their first PL game after being out for a while. You would imagine the pace and intensity will be immense. Mourinho will have them up for this trying to gain a psychological advantage in the title race.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby london blue 2 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:11 am

Bardsley didn't even get a yellow for his two footed lunge on silva... Did the ref see it?

Sky took the lead on this one ensuring it was pushed until the powers that be had no choice. Highlighting it in the manner they did was unnecessary and inconsistent.

Hard to explain why they would do that.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:30 am

I can't believe the craven revisionism on here - even former ref Mark Halsey is saying about Aguero that he had been told to say he hasn't seen something he has. Unbelievable gullibility about the anti City agenda
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mase » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:47 am

johnny crossan wrote:I can't believe the craven revisionism on here - even former ref Mark Halsey is saying about Aguero that he had been told to say he hasn't seen something he has. Unbelievable gullibility about the anti City agenda

Always liked Halsey and met him years ago and told him how much we think of him after those 5 mins were added on at Wembley against Gills!

I'd trust what he has to say on this without a shadow of a doubt. He's says it's PGMOL that told him in the past to say he didn't see something he did. Question is, what dog do they have in this sort of fight? Or are they being told by someone (the FA) to tell the refs that?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/former-premier-league-referee-mark-8760242
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:52 am

[quote="johnny crossan"]I can't believe the craven revisionism on here - even former ref Mark Halsey is saying about Aguero that he had been told to say he hasn't seen something he has. Unbelievable gullibility about the anti City agenda[/quote]

Thank you JC.

That needed saying.

I was getting totally depressed reading the last few, 'fair-minded' comments from posters. Above all else, we've been singled out to be hung, drawn and quartered by the media and the FA collusionists and there's every probability this will be the 'accepted' approach against us from now on.

It makes me want to single out the arrogant Rag who frequents the local corner shop and give him a good kicking.

At least that would make me feel a little better.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Dameerto » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:20 am

PGMOL is almost as bent as FIFA.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Plain Speaking » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:31 pm

Dameerto wrote:PGMOL is almost as bent as FIFA.

Yeh when you see the corrupt and inept Clattenburg awarded the CL and WC finals, make you realise he's getting his reward for "doing as he's told."

When Gary Neville admits there are huge problems with the PGMOL, it really is time for action.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1862/premie ... ID=HP_HN_2
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:35 pm

MuEN going with it now. An admission of corruption from within.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... y-11837805?
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum