Chumps league draw

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Chumps league draw

Postby nottsblue » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:19 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:I wonder if the booing of the CL anthem will continue during this new campaign ??

Even louder MC, even louder
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:21 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:So. Looking at going away to Monchengladbach, anyone been? Is it plane and train? How easy is it to get to?

23rd november. fancy it myself....
fixtures in here
http://www.mancity.com/news/first-team/ ... 2152955713

Went last season mate but drive across and stayed with a mate over in Elmpt. I'd probably stay in Dusseldorf if I wanted a hotel and use the free public transport which is excellent. They even have coaches waiting outside the ground to get you back to the train station in 'Gkadbach, and the locals are excellent, if you don't take the Piss.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Cocacolajojo » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:48 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:I wonder if the booing of the CL anthem will continue during this new campaign ??

Even louder MC, even louder

I should hope so.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby PrezIke » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:40 pm

Don't worry. We'll just win the league this season and get Real Madrid or Barca from Pot 2 next season, so all is not lost.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby dick dastardley » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:03 am

Anyone seen the video on Facebook doing the rounds of rush opening the balls and switching the paper under the table?
Pretty damming if you ask me
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby zuricity » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:13 am

Wonderwall wrote:So. Looking at going away to Monchengladbach, anyone been? Is it plane and train? How easy is it to get to?

I was actually on a train stopping at Mönchengladbach main station only last monday night.

From the station you can see the Stadium , a stones throw away. Well not too far anyway .

I will be going, definitely. I will make sure i am working in Hamburg that day and go down on the train.

You can get into Cologne or even Düsseldorf airports. They are all conveniently close to Gladbach with a short train journey.

Even a taxi ( four people together ? ) would not be so bad. Taxi drivers like to negotiate and are not too expensive anyway.

Cologne is an obvious place to stay because there's lots to do and see there. Hotels are not too expensive either and the food is quite inexpensive. You all know about the beer .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:37 am

zuricity wrote:

I was actually on a train stopping at Mönchengladbach main station only last monday night.

From the station you can see the Stadium , a stones throw away. Well not too far anyway .

I will be going, definitely. I will make sure i am working in Hamburg that day and go down on the train.

You can get into Cologne or even Düsseldorf airports. They are all conveniently close to Gladbach with a short train journey.

Even a taxi ( four people together ? ) would not be so bad. Taxi drivers like to negotiate and are not too expensive anyway.

Cologne is an obvious place to stay because there's lots to do and see there. Hotels are not too expensive either and the food is quite inexpensive. You all know about the beer .

Cheers Zurich
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:06 am

dick dastardley wrote:Anyone seen the video on Facebook doing the rounds of rush opening the balls and switching the paper under the table?
Pretty damming if you ask me

Eh? Surely that's a wind up.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby mr_nool » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:21 am

zuricity wrote:

If it's all about the beer, I recommend Dusseldorf. The whole Old Town is like one big bar. It's a great place for a piss-up.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:27 am

I see that paddy Roberts has been told he can play against us. I do think see why Txiki, would bother saying that as we have no say in the matter. He is a celtic player on loan and they have the right to play him.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:47 am

mr_nool wrote:
zuricity wrote:

If it's all about the beer, I recommend Dusseldorf. The whole Old Town is like one big bar. It's a great place for a piss-up.

Yep, I'd recommend the Alt Stadt as well. Great place to stay and then into Gladbach for a few swallies on the strip before getting the bus to the ground (a little way out of town with next to nothing around it).

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Cocacolajojo » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:39 am

I agree the draw is absurd, we've been in teh so called group of death every time but once since we started playing the Cl.

But! we'll beat Barca at home, at least, this year. Don't you think? And we beat Mönchengladbach last year twice despite falling apart at the seems, why shouldn't we be able to do it this year again?

I think this is going to be a good year.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby Falco53 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:03 am

First thanks for the invite . As a scot who lives down here and a man city and glasgow rangers fan . I have to say I'm so looking forward to this group . Nothing I will enjoy more than going back to celtic park with a city top on and watch us put 5 or 6 past that sad lot ...
Falco53
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: David silva

Postby gmercer1 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:20 am

I can't understand how more hasn't been made of that ball being picked out of the pot, both hands on it ready to open then he puts it back in? If you watch his thumb he seems to brush it against the side of the ball as if he's looking for a ridge or something.
We all know it's fixed but surely every other club must realise it now after that.
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby dick dastardley » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:35 am

Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Re:

Postby Mase » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:53 am

Falco53 wrote:First thanks for the invite . As a scot who lives down here and a man city and glasgow rangers fan . I have to say I'm so looking forward to this group . Nothing I will enjoy more than going back to celtic park with a city top on and watch us put 5 or 6 past that sad lot ...

I've asked a few times what's the link with City and Rangers and never really got a proper answer. As a kid I remember going to the match and seeing a banner with a Rangers badge in one corner and City in the other all the time.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:02 pm

It's a City/Rangers, United/Celtic thing.
They have always been in bed together, and there used to be a joint fanzine "Our day will come" (except the gaelic version . Tiocfaidh ar la)
It has its basis in religion with both clubs tradionally being considered Catholic clubs, whilst City and Ranger were protestant.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby ross.mcfc » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:42 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:It's a City/Rangers, United/Celtic thing.
They have always been in bed together, and there used to be a joint fanzine "Our day will come" (except the gaelic version . Tiocfaidh ar la)
It has its basis in religion with both clubs tradionally being considered Catholic clubs, whilst City and Ranger were protestant.

It's a good job the North West of Manchester moved on from all that bullshit. It will forever be a stain on Scotland's culture sadly.

Anyways, that was the Old Rangers football team. Not sure about the link to this new mob.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby City64 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:56 pm

Glasgow Rangers fans can fuck off after that disgrace in Manchester a few years ago when the UEFA cup final was here . Utter fucking senseless morons shitting in the street , robbing hard working corner shops and mindless vandalism everywhere . Pissed up fucking disgrace of a football club

Fuck off !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby bigblue » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:12 pm

ross.mcfc wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:It's a City/Rangers, United/Celtic thing.

It's a good job the North West of Manchester moved on from all that bullshit. It will forever be a stain on Scotland's culture sadly.

Yup, and there's a 99.9999% chance that their both wrong. So much time and anger wasted
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum