***Official: City v Stoke Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Official: City v Stoke Match Thread***

Postby sidSmith » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:06 pm

Yeah, different one. I remember the one you're talking about now. The one I was talking about was first half. Bloody terrible challenge, but typical Stoke challenge.
sidSmith
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:31 pm

Out all day and just watched the game. Overall reaction is that we were good but nowhere near as good as we can be.

It's away at Stoke and although they had a few moments they never really threatened much and we were miles the better side. The front 4 are all looking better game by game. Sterling really really good with his movement and energy with and without the ball and although we know his final thing needs to get even better he already has 4 assists in 3 games ( would have been 5 if Kun hadnt missed a penalty) and he is genuinely frightening defenders again.

Kun is getting fitter and looking up for it and will score tons if he stays fit, Silva fits in beautifully with the way Pep wants to play as his touch is so good and he is so so available for a pass and for me KDB is also getting fitter and looking good. So much more to come.

Dinho is also perfect for Pep. Such an intelligent player. I said don't get too excited after Steau lets see what happens v Stoke :)) Now it's lets wait till we play WHU and the scum
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby PrezIke » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:02 am

Phil Neville's review of Sterling's performance today on MOTD would have made you think he had a poor game.

What a joke. Showing his true colours (wink wink). Okay, so Raheem can still improve, but if you only saw MOTD it would feed into the bollocks view that he's not been good.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:54 am

City64 wrote:Fuck off Stoke !
Fuck off Sky cunts !

MCFC top of the league .
MCFC in the Champions League .

CTID !

LIKE !
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:53 am

PrezIke wrote:Phil Neville's review of Sterling's performance today on MOTD would have made you think he had a poor game.

What a joke. Showing his true colours (wink wink). Okay, so Raheem can still improve, but if you only saw MOTD it would feed into the bollocks view that he's not been good.

Started with "im nearly convinced" then went to show each and every mistake, including moaning at him for laying a clear goal on for Nolito.

No wonder fans get on his back with "pundits" like that.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:26 am

london blue 2 wrote:
PrezIke wrote:Phil Neville's review of Sterling's performance today on MOTD would have made you think he had a poor game.

Started with "im nearly convinced" then went to show each and every mistake, including moaning at him for laying a clear goal on for Nolito.

Just mentioned in the Football Media thread. The job the Dipper media did on him cannot be underestimated and the fact that every other football fan now boos him is testament to that.

Thank fuck Pep and City have faith in him otherwise that young mind would have been crushed by now.

Dirty Scouse cunts, I don't even bother talking to them anymore as I find the whole thing disgusting. Stoke have just been added to the list and they'll now get the same reply of 'What, a grown man constantly Booing an oppo player, how old are you?'. How can you talk to them about football!

Goes down a treat.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Justified logic » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:20 am

Anyone else notice this by Whelan?

Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:50 am

Mase wrote:
Slim wrote:
aristation wrote:What is the problem about Navas he had a great game in defence. He may be crap at shooting but he adds to the game plan by his possession and closing down

Part of our defence includes not giving the ball away in our own half...which he did....a lot....fuck Navas.

I switched on for the second half and immediately Navas kicked the ball out of play in our half looking for a City player. I like the guy, he works hard, but ffs so did Vassell. He'll be fine as a squad player but don't start him away at Stoke!

Vassell only worked hard going forward. He got the world's laziest bastard award for work rate towards our own goal.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Mase » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:29 am

Just watched a couple of replays of Sterling's pen. Shawcross actually pushes Sterling away first, then throws and arm across him to block him. Absolute joke and a case of Dean wanting to be centre of attention.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:31 am

Well they passed that test
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:56 am

Mase wrote:Just watched a couple of replays of Sterling's pen. Shawcross actually pushes Sterling away first, then throws and arm across him to block him. Absolute joke and a case of Dean wanting to be centre of attention.

the look on shawcross's face said it all
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Mase » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:13 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Mase wrote:Just watched a couple of replays of Sterling's pen. Shawcross actually pushes Sterling away first, then throws and arm across him to block him. Absolute joke and a case of Dean wanting to be centre of attention.

the look on shawcross's face said it all

It was 50/50 at best - more 70/30 from Shawcross in reality. But how can that be judged by a referee instantly? Shawcross on Otter was easy - he's yanking on his arm and pulling his shirt down at the back. It's a foul anywhere on the pitch.

Sterling's wasn't even a foul on the half way line.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:34 am

london blue 2 wrote:

I loved the way that, after scoring the fourth goal, Nolito went across to Sterling, picked him up and when he put him down he was pointing to him to ensure everyone appreciated the lay off.

If that doesn't make Sterling feel ten foot tall, nothing will but, at least to my eyes, it also seems to indicate that he's well liked in the squad and appreciated.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Moonchesteri » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:34 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Mase wrote:
zuricity wrote:So the two blatant fouls by AutonomomoVic on Zabs are ok . The raking of Silva's calf is o.k, but Sterling's innocuous hands up is a penalty. Shawcross also had his arms out pushing at Sterling.

See how Dean lightly gave city players yellow cards and compare it to what he missed from the stoke players. Two times also players were taken out off the ball and they didn't show any replays. Dean was rubbish today and not just against City, for both teams.

What annoys me most is his face gestures when he's talking to the players. Is he in pantomime?

By the letter of the law Dean was correct in giving both. Regardless of the fact that none of those would have been given before today (didn't happen last night) doesn't mean that they aren't an offence.

I like Dean, and if the refereeing continues in this vein, we'll be quids in.

I seem to recall news over the summer about a change in focus on shirt pulling and nonsense in the box, but I didn't notice much change last week. I hope this does signal a real change to the way games are refereed in that area of the pitch, as corners are a fucking shambles more akin to wwe these days.

Exactly. Somehow it has become "acceptable" to wrestle or grab and hold someone's shirt in the box while you get yellow for the same foul in the middle of the park.
About fucking time referees grow a pair
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:40 am

Moonchesteri wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Mase wrote:
zuricity wrote:So the two blatant fouls by AutonomomoVic on Zabs are ok . The raking of Silva's calf is o.k, but Sterling's innocuous hands up is a penalty. Shawcross also had his arms out pushing at Sterling.

See how Dean lightly gave city players yellow cards and compare it to what he missed from the stoke players. Two times also players were taken out off the ball and they didn't show any replays. Dean was rubbish today and not just against City, for both teams.

What annoys me most is his face gestures when he's talking to the players. Is he in pantomime?

By the letter of the law Dean was correct in giving both. Regardless of the fact that none of those would have been given before today (didn't happen last night) doesn't mean that they aren't an offence.

I like Dean, and if the refereeing continues in this vein, we'll be quids in.

I seem to recall news over the summer about a change in focus on shirt pulling and nonsense in the box, but I didn't notice much change last week. I hope this does signal a real change to the way games are refereed in that area of the pitch, as corners are a fucking shambles more akin to wwe these days.

Exactly. Somehow it has become "acceptable" to wrestle or grab and hold someone's shirt in the box while you get yellow for the same foul in the middle of the park.
About fucking time referees grow a pair

On MOTD, Neville was trying to say it was acceptable, as it was "all part of the game".
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Feed The Goat » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:12 pm

What puzzled me at the game yesterday was why the Stoke fans were singing Englands number 1 at Willy and then after some poor kicks started singing if Joe Hart plays for England so can I.

Do they think Joe is bald?
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Slim » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:12 pm

Feed The Goat wrote:What puzzled me at the game yesterday was why the Stoke fans were singing Englands number 1 at Willy and then after some poor kicks started singing if Joe Hart plays for England so can I.

Do they think Joe is bald?

As they have Butland, they are bitter about Joe being the auto number one.

I think they were giving stick because England's number one can't even get a game. And sitting on the bench, well if that's how the number one is spending his "playing time" then yes, so can I.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john@staustell » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:17 pm

Stoke just give stick, all game, for no reason. Unique ground
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby City64 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:55 pm

john@staustell wrote:Stoke just give stick, all game, for no reason. Unique ground

Very true , they are thick as shit inbred cunts of the highest order !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:33 pm

City64 wrote:
john@staustell wrote:Stoke just give stick, all game, for no reason. Unique ground

Very true , they are thick as shit inbred cunts of the highest order !

Apes.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum