***Official: City v Stoke Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Official: City v Stoke Match Thread***

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:46 pm

nottsblue wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:We looked a bit leggy second half. That non penalty and booking for Raheem was laughable by Dean. It seemed to throw us out of our stride.
KDB is not up to speed yet and wasn't great.
I think Mase mentioned that Kun always runs behind his man and I agree. It made Sterling and Navas dwell too long before passing. Nullified s lot of our threat second half.
Navas off and Sterling switching to the right made a big difference.
Nacho coming on just topped it off.
Two totally positive substitutions and it paid off.
Fabulous cameo from Nacho. He obviously took on board whatever bollocking he got about not passing to Delph last week and layed it on a plate for Nolito.
Sublime dummy for Sterling to race through and do the same. Game over points in the bag. Pep will be delighted with that.
I know I am. We have a team here. And they will only get better.

Whether, or not, Nolito will turn out to be a veritable 'goal machine' (??) remains to be seen.

However, he was in the right place at the right times to score and that's a nice habit to have. Long may this continue.

Wonder how his goals per minute for us compares to the much quicker Navas?

Imagine his goals per minute ratio is better than Navas' goals per game ratio

Ouch !!
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:47 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Mase wrote:
zuricity wrote:So the two blatant fouls by AutonomomoVic on Zabs are ok . The raking of Silva's calf is o.k, but Sterling's innocuous hands up is a penalty. Shawcross also had his arms out pushing at Sterling.

See how Dean lightly gave city players yellow cards and compare it to what he missed from the stoke players. Two times also players were taken out off the ball and they didn't show any replays. Dean was rubbish today and not just against City, for both teams.

What annoys me most is his face gestures when he's talking to the players. Is he in pantomime?

By the letter of the law Dean was correct in giving both. Regardless of the fact that none of those would have been given before today (didn't happen last night) doesn't mean that they aren't an offence.

I like Dean, and if the refereeing continues in this vein, we'll be quids in.

I seem to recall news over the summer about a change in focus on shirt pulling and nonsense in the box, but I didn't notice much change last week. I hope this does signal a real change to the way games are refereed in that area of the pitch, as corners are a fucking shambles more akin to wwe these days.

All teams were briefed on the changes and it looks like they've gave them a week to sort it out. Now enforced, I'm expecting to see more of this, or should I say, I better see more of this.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby michaelcityfan » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:32 pm

Stop the nonsense at corners and ibramovitch will be nullified I hope referees clamp down on shirt pulling
michaelcityfan
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby sheblue » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:48 pm

Dean had a terrible game, some awful stuff from him.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Sparklehorse » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:07 pm

bigblue wrote:Souness saying we were poor, and quinn saying that not only was the Sterling penalty justified, but stoke were due 2 additional penalties! Quinn makes every excuse under the sun for Stoke and finishes with "the scoreline flatters City, so if you haven't seen the game, Pep doesn't have it all figured out" - Bitter cunts, fuck off

In reality, we won 4-1 away at Stoke.. great day and good omen for the season

I loved the way they were trying to say the score flattered us !!
Games last 90 mins not 70 ! And we score 2 in the last 10 mins. If we'd scored them in the first 10 minutes and been 4-0 up would not have been mentioned.
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby City64 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:24 pm

Fuck off Stoke !
Fuck off Sky cunts !

MCFC top of the league .
MCFC in the Champions League .

CTID !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:04 pm

Has Bardsley's potential leg breaker been mentioned by meeja/pundits?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby edge275 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:37 pm

I literally can't take watching Navas anymore, he's so fucking shite it's actually mind blowing. I need him to leave before I have a coronary.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby PrezIke » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:03 pm

Original Dub wrote:Stoke fans booing loudly everytime sterling touches the ball.

Fucking pathetic. Absolute sad cunts.

The media did a great job on him. Probably the best hatchet job in recent years.

Just finished watching on replay. I was fuming at this. Unbelievable. The entire game.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby PrezIke » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:05 pm

dick dastardley wrote:Soft pen but will take it
Happy days

Rules actually being enforced to set the tone for the season. Sterling's was just as "soft."
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:29 pm

PrezIke wrote:
Happy days

Rules actually being enforced to set the tone for the season. Sterling's was just as "soft."

Shawcross was pulling out of Otter.
With Sterling they both had hands up to chest. Sterling got swatted aside by a bigger man. No way was that a penalty.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:31 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
PrezIke wrote:
Happy days

With Sterling they both had hands up to chest. Sterling got swatted aside by a bigger man. No way was that a penalty.

let's see what the motd lot make of it later on
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby PrezIke » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:37 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
PrezIke wrote:
Happy days

The reason, which the announcers pointed out, was he showed no interest in the ball. Raheem was just trying to get in the way. My reaction was that it was soft as well, but I think Dean is trying to make a point about defending in the box, overall.

We got away with a few fouls and one pen, although so did they, especially the one by Diouf on Silva that should have been a yellow and nothing was given. That was atrocious.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby sidSmith » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:52 pm

PrezIke wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
PrezIke wrote:
Happy days

The reason, which the announcers pointed out, was he showed no interest in the ball. Raheem was just trying to get in the way. My reaction was that it was soft as well, but I think Dean is trying to make a point about defending in the box, overall.

We got away with a few fouls and one pen, although so did they, especially the one by Diouf on Silva that should have been a yellow and nothing was given. That was atrocious.

Was that the scissor tackle with studs showing that Silva avoided? Intent was there even if Silva got out the way. If it's not the one you're talking about, mine is another.
sidSmith
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby sheblue » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:38 pm

PrezIke wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Stoke fans booing loudly everytime sterling touches the ball.

Fucking pathetic. Absolute sad cunts.

The media did a great job on him. Probably the best hatchet job in recent years.

Just finished watching on replay. I was fuming at this. Unbelievable. The entire game.

It's pathetic. But I am sure it will make him stronger in the long run.
Anyway for now they are......Fucking Neanderthals.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:44 pm

sidSmith wrote:
PrezIke wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
PrezIke wrote:
Happy days

Was that the scissor tackle with studs showing that Silva avoided? Intent was there even if Silva got out the way. If it's not the one you're talking about, mine is another.

Think you might be talking about Bardsley's horrible lunge earlier in the game, Silva was blessed he got out of the way and Dean's a fucking twat for not even giving Dave a free nevermind sending the dirty rag cunt off.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby aristation » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:49 pm

What is the problem about Navas he had a great game in defence. He may be crap at shooting but he adds to the game plan by his possession and closing down
It may be my last year as a season ticket holder as it just doesn't seem the same with so few English and local players (but I said that last year)
aristation
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Darius Vassell's Composure

My favourite player is: Shaun Goater

Postby Slim » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:54 pm

aristation wrote:What is the problem about Navas he had a great game in defence. He may be crap at shooting but he adds to the game plan by his possession and closing down

Part of our defence includes not giving the ball away in our own half...which he did....a lot....fuck Navas.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:58 pm

Slim wrote:
aristation wrote:What is the problem about Navas he had a great game in defence. He may be crap at shooting but he adds to the game plan by his possession and closing down

Part of our defence includes not giving the ball away in our own half...which he did....a lot....fuck Navas.

I switched on for the second half and immediately Navas kicked the ball out of play in our half looking for a City player. I like the guy, he works hard, but ffs so did Vassell. He'll be fine as a squad player but don't start him away at Stoke!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby PrezIke » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:02 pm

sidSmith wrote:
PrezIke wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
PrezIke wrote:
Happy days

It's a different one I think. It was later in the 2nd half and Silva went down in some pain rolling around on the ground after he caught either the back of his ankle or calf.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum