Welcome Claudio Bravo (Finally)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Welcome Claudio Bravo (Finally)

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:06 am

nottsblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:How much, 13 to 18?

BBC have it as £15.4m with add ons of £1.7m. Or €18m. Depends on the exchange rate i suppose.i suspect Hart will go for less

Just wondering as the papers are reporting 13 odd with the Beeb reporting 15 odd, then Sky taking it all the way to 18. As always, guestimations dependent on how you want to report it.

I would've thought Joe would go for a lot more, if he actually goes.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby nottsblue » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:44 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

BBC have it as £15.4m with add ons of £1.7m. Or €18m. Depends on the exchange rate i suppose.i suspect Hart will go for less

Just wondering as the papers are reporting 13 odd with the Beeb reporting 15 odd, then Sky taking it all the way to 18. As always, guestimations dependent on how you want to report it.

He is worth more, much more in my view, but there aren't many clubs showing an interest and we aren't renowned for getting large fees for our players. Supply and demand.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:44 am

nottsblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

He is worth more, much more in my view, but there aren't many clubs showing an interest and we aren't renowned for getting large fees for our players. Supply and demand.

Very true, and if we are willing to help him out, as reported, then we will probably offset his new clubs wages with the actual selling price.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:01 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:To be honest. I'm not sure we are going to be able to judge this new guy on whether he's better than Joe or not, straight away.
Unless he just can't shot stop and fucks up, but that's happened other foreign keepers starting out in this league before.
Remember how bad DeGea was in his first season.
He was young and inexperienced and I can't see Bravo being as forgiven at 33 years old though.
My point though is that, I think Bravo will be judged a success or failure as part of overall team performance when we see what honours are won or lost at the end of the season. I don't think this season is going to be as much about individuals as previous seasons. I think that is the point of what is happening here.
The team functionality is what we will judge this season on.
There will always be better individuals in certain positions in certain teams. It doesn't mean they would function better than the equivalent in Pep's team.

It doesn't work like that though, does it? In the main players are judged on their own individual performances regardless of the team's situation, especially goalkeepers.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:42 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:To be honest. I'm not sure we are going to be able to judge this new guy on whether he's better than Joe or not, straight away.
Unless he just can't shot stop and fucks up, but that's happened other foreign keepers starting out in this league before.
He was young and inexperienced and I can't see Bravo being as forgiven at 33 years old though.
My point though is that, I think Bravo will be judged a success or failure as part of overall team performance when we see what honours are won or lost at the end of the season. I don't think this season is going to be as much about individuals as previous seasons. I think that is the point of what is happening here.
There will always be better individuals in certain positions in certain teams. It doesn't mean they would function better than the equivalent in Pep's team.

It doesn't work like that though, does it? In the main players are judged on their own individual performances regardless of the team's situation, especially goalkeepers.

FIBD, I certainly think that is how he will be judged in the British media. I think they will delight in crucifying him, because of the situation 'HE' has put the England no.1 in.
However I am referring to us, Man City supporters. Those that watch the team regularly. I think while most of us have a respect for Joe, we've already seen in the first three games without him, what it is that Pep is working on here. The fact that Willie is or isn't an inferior goalkeeper to Joe is irrelevant in what we have seen and I think most City supporters are willing to let Pep have the time to tweak things his way.
Even those that have expressed their reservations about getting rid of Joe too soon, must admit that funtionally as a team we have seen an improvement already. Most I would guess are willing to reserve judgement. And I would say that judgement is far more educated than what the media will run with in the interim.
If this system works and we win the PL i'll be happy no matter who is playing for us. It will have to prove itself in the group stages of the CL also.
I'm quietly confidant that we are in for a successful year. It should be more entertaining than large chunks of last season and the season before anyway.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:57 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

FIBD, I certainly think that is how he will be judged in the British media. I think they will delight in crucifying him, because of the situation 'HE' has put the England no.1 in.
However I am referring to us, Man City supporters. Those that watch the team regularly. I think while most of us have a respect for Joe, we've already seen in the first three games without him, what it is that Pep is working on here. The fact that Willie is or isn't an inferior goalkeeper to Joe is irrelevant in what we have seen and I think most City supporters are willing to let Pep have the time to tweak things his way.
Even those that have expressed their reservations about getting rid of Joe too soon, must admit that funtionally as a team we have seen an improvement already. Most I would guess are willing to reserve judgement. And I would say that judgement is far more educated than what the media will run with in the interim.
If this system works and we win the PL i'll be happy no matter who is playing for us. It will have to prove itself in the group stages of the CL also.
I'm quietly confidant that we are in for a successful year. It should be more entertaining than large chunks of last season and the season before anyway.

I'm talking about us too IWT. I agree with the rest of what you say btw.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby blues2win » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:58 pm

Bravo won't play on Sunday says Pep. I imagine he wants him training with the squad for a bit first.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby littlebig » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:26 pm

Anyone hearing about a bad injury to Bravo? Or else one of my rag mates is winding me up.
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:28 pm

littlebig wrote:Anyone hearing about a bad injury to Bravo? Or else one of my rag mates is winding me up.

Was it that fucking air hostess again? the rag cunt.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:39 pm

littlebig wrote:Anyone hearing about a bad injury to Bravo? Or else one of my rag mates is winding me up.

he's fine but zlatan and pogba have both just been arrested for spit roasting an underage girl. de gea as well as he arranged it for them. allegedly.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby CTID Hants » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:47 pm

Not according to this........

Season Injury date out date back days games missed club
15/16 Calf Injury Apr 30, 2016 May 18, 2016 18 days 3 FC Barcelona
15/16 Muscle fibre Sep 8, 2015 Oct 2, 2015 24 days 6 FC Barcelona
13/14 Muscle fibre Mar 2, 2014 Mar 13, 2014 11 days 2 Real Sociedad
12/13 Fractured Arm Sep 27, 2012 Nov 18, 2012 52 days 7 Real Sociedad
09/10 Ruptured intraarticular ligament initiation in knee Mar 28, 2010 May 15, 2010 48 days 7Real Sociedad

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/claudio- ... eler/40423
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby phips » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:30 pm

man that was a pretty poor debut. games are coming fast so hopefully that will get him up to speed.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:31 pm

calm and assured except when being Stoned or Wayned
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby HailNerdQueen » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:32 pm

Hadn't really followed Bravo before, but I'm not fucking impressed with his performance today. Not. Good.
HailNerdQueen
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Sergio Agüero

Postby gmercer1 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:38 pm

Give the lad a feckin chance
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:41 pm

he was fucking terrible but he needs to be given a chance.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby bigblue » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:51 pm

A bit if a calamity, but was brilliant at times on the ball. you can see what a good keeper in possession adds. Draws the how opposition out and gives us so much space in midfield
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby sheblue » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:53 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:he was fucking terrible but he needs to be given a chance.

Absolutely. Let's not write his obituary just yet. A huge game for his debut and Stones didn't help either for the mistake.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby patrickblue » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:57 pm

I'm just hoping that was his mare over with, and he just improves.
One things for sure, there's going to be a lot of high ball going into our box this season from teams hoping for a repeat performance.

I never watch Spanish football, what did he look like at Barca?
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby PrezIke » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:03 pm

Earlier on his passing was good, and you could see how he will help.

Clearly he needs to have more time with the back 4 to work on communication. How much English does he know? Stones, Kola and Sagna might not be able to communicate so easily if not. They must have to learn some way of communicating if that's a barrier, which is learning a new form of communication anyway.

Tough, highly intense game to have him start his time with us. I'm not overly worried, as I have faith it will only get better.

He is much better than what we saw today, so some fans ready to pounce on him don't panic please.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum