Welcome Claudio Bravo (Finally)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Welcome Claudio Bravo (Finally)

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:30 am

City64 wrote:Massive massive question mark hanging over him his decision making and his ability . Think we got Barca,s dud as Ter Stegen looks the real deal !

Time will tell .

Bravo looked the better of the two until his brain fart. It was Ter Stegen's distribution that was questionable in the first half.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby PeterParker » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:20 pm

I am more worried that at his age he looks like he is losing his head in many moments.

He seems like a proper morale goalkeeper, but who does very, very amateurish mistakes. He should had let that one go in last night, instead of going after. Same with his debut where he went for the worse decisions he could.

Usually stuff like this happen for youngsters, not for the leader of the best South American team of the last two years, Chile.

Weird.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby gmercer1 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:39 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
City64 wrote:Massive massive question mark hanging over him his decision making and his ability . Think we got Barca,s dud as Ter Stegen looks the real deal !

Time will tell .

Bravo looked the better of the two until his brain fart. It was Ter Stegen's distribution that was questionable in the first half.

Have to agree with this. He kicked the ball straight out in to touch at least 3 times in the first half. Can't defend what Bravo did to get sent off, when your so far off your line and the defence turned row Z them regroup. Just hoping he learns and hasn't lost confidence.
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby City64 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:46 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

Time will tell .

Everything about Bravo is questionable at the moment .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby everyonehatesus » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:55 pm

Joe had problems but this cunt is off the charts. What a fucking cock up he's turned out to be, that and the failure to sort out our defence is what's going to cost us. The teams movement is great, players like stirling are looking 100% better but it's all a futile exercise with the back 4 and keeper we currently have.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby nottsblue » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:02 pm

Bravo was bought for a reason, the same way Hart was dispensed for a reason. It has to do with the way we build our possession. Yes, last night Hart would not have been sent off like Bravo was. But also without a doubt, he would have given away possession far more often. In arguably one of his best games v Barca a couple of years ago where he saved everything, Pep has said his distribution was one of the main reasons he had to make so many saves because he just kicked it back to them so they could start another attack.

We retain much more possession with Bravo in goal. Yes, he will have clangers every now and then, but what goalie doesn't? I for one was a big Joe Hart fan but I am also not missing him. We are a better outfield team without him. Once we get used to creating angles and having an outlet for the goalkeeper to play it out of defence we will see the individual errors reduce and we will win more games
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Dubciteh » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:02 pm

everyonehatesus wrote:Joe had problems but this cunt is off the charts. What a fucking cock up he's turned out to be, that and the failure to sort out our defence is what's going to cost us. The teams movement is great, players like stirling are looking 100% better but it's all a futile exercise with the back 4 and keeper we currently have.

All that is just bollox really.

Bravo is a good keeper who is key for us, he has had a couple of questionable moments so far but im not worried about him in the slightest.

Press are waiting to hang him and so seem some of our fans. All because he replaced the overrated slightly above average joe hart who hasnt improved in five years.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Spurge » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:12 pm

Dubciteh wrote:
everyonehatesus wrote:Joe had problems but this cunt is off the charts. What a fucking cock up he's turned out to be, that and the failure to sort out our defence is what's going to cost us. The teams movement is great, players like stirling are looking 100% better but it's all a futile exercise with the back 4 and keeper we currently have.

Bravo is a good keeper who is key for us, he has had a couple of questionable moments so far but im not worried about him in the slightest.

Press are waiting to hang him and so seem some of our fans. All because he replaced the overrated slightly above average joe hart who hasnt improved in five years.

Ah ok so it's harts fault, I get it now poor Claudio victimized as a result of harts inadequacies. If Joe had been a decent keeper bravo wouldn't have had to come here and make crucial mistakes
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby everyonehatesus » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:19 pm

Dubciteh wrote:

Really, he was meant to be this great keeper with the ball at his feet, oh hang on he's actually not very good at that. He can't deal with crossing balls, hes not a great shot stopper and he's a liability in nearly every game he's been needed so far for us. He's past his best age wise so I won't be holding my breath for any improvements there either. I'm by no means a joe fan so don't think this is because I feel sorry for the fella. It's simply down to the fact that bravo is shite.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Dubciteh » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:41 pm

everyonehatesus wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:

Really, he was meant to be this great keeper with the ball at his feet, oh hang on he's actually not very good at that. He can't deal with crossing balls, hes not a great shot stopper and he's a liability in nearly every game he's been needed so far for us. He's past his best age wise so I won't be holding my breath for any improvements there either. I'm by no means a joe fan so don't think this is because I feel sorry for the fella. It's simply down to the fact that bravo is shite.

Not good with the ball at his feet? His stats say otherwise.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37610692
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby South Stand Balti » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:46 pm

If Joe had been in that situation last night he would have launched it into the stand, followed by a bollocking from Pep.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Dubciteh » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:48 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:If Joe had been in that situation last night he would have launched it into the stand, followed by a bollocking from Pep.

Yep. And he would of conceded possesion dozens of times by aimlessly knockong balls into touch or towards the head of our midget strikers.
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby everyonehatesus » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:53 pm

Dubciteh wrote:
everyonehatesus wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:

Then take away all the simple sideways balls 10 yards from him and then it's not so great. He passes the ball more than most keeps in our league ok great but look at what we have to watch the rest of the time. He's a liability.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby City64 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:56 pm

Dubciteh wrote:
everyonehatesus wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:

Great pass to Messi last night , absolute belter !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Spurge » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:14 pm

Dubciteh wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:If Joe had been in that situation last night he would have launched it into the stand, followed by a bollocking from Pep.

Yep. And he would of conceded possesion dozens of times by aimlessly knockong balls into touch or towards the head of our midget strikers.

Well joe wasn't in goal bravo was...well for just over half of it anyway.

I think we know why pep wanted bravo to replace hart and the stats do stack up as to why he was considered the right man for the job (though there is a very good reason barca let us have bravo and kept ter steggen).

However it is clear that so far in his relatively short city career he's made several major errors and there is no evidence that they are about to be irradiated. Last night was as good an example as any, I thought he'd had a decent game but an absolute clanger followed by an instant moment of madness and the game is over.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:01 pm

Spurge wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:

Well joe wasn't in goal bravo was...well for just over half of it anyway.

I think we know why pep wanted bravo to replace hart and the stats do stack up as to why he was considered the right man for the job (though there is a very good reason barca let us have bravo and kept ter steggen).

However it is clear that so far in his relatively short city career he's made several major errors and there is no evidence that they are about to be irradiated. Last night was as good an example as any, I thought he'd had a decent game but an absolute clanger followed by an instant moment of madness and the game is over.

Age?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:03 pm

On TalkSport somebody accidentally said 'Clownio Bravo's. Strangely I didn't scream expletives for a change.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:19 pm

Oh, and after reading a few comments I think some are blinded by Pep's greatness. Bravo has not improved us, and maybe by no fault of his own, but when you think he's played in 8 of our 14 games, going backwards after our great start, nobody can deny that he's had a big say in our downturn in form.

I get it, play it out from the back, but sometimes there's a time and a place. His decision making isn't in that time, nor that place, sometimes. He invites pressure, doesn't control the defence, and in the occassions where he's fucked up, directly contributed to the error. That doesn't breed confidence in those around him.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dimples » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:40 pm

This is a NEW system, NEW players, NEW manager, NEW ideas.
What do people expect?
Perfection from the word GO?
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:51 pm

Dimples wrote:This is a NEW system, NEW players, NEW manager, NEW ideas.
What do people expect?
Perfection from the word GO?

No, not at all. It's a matter of you accept that the manager does his thing for the betterment in the long run or you don't accept it because you believe the manager should be able to do that but give appreciation to the players he's got.

Where are you in this?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum