Joe Hart

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Joe Hart

Postby sheblue » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:05 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:what did zab say about hart? i missed it.

I missed it too, someone please tell!

Could not copy it all..“We are big squad with two big players in Joe Hart’s position and it’s going to be tough, the competition is there. That happens with all the big teams when you have big squad.
“But the competition is very healthy, we are a team and we believe the team is more important individual. Of course, we need to continue that way. Joe can leave if he wants I don't care as he is very weak as goalie, I mean to say my dog is better at kicking the ball than him.

For fuck sake.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby nottsblue » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:12 pm

Might the dippers be interested? If so we could test their resolve with Coutinho. I know we don't really need him but the dippers without him are nowhere. Be worth it just for devaluing one of our potential rivals. Bayern have done if for years. Barca too
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Saul Goodman » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:15 pm

nottsblue wrote:Might the dippers be interested? If so we could test their resolve with Coutinho. I know we don't really need him but the dippers without him are nowhere. Be worth it just for devaluing one of our potential rivals. Bayern have done if for years. Barca too

Sure Mignolet is crap but Klopp has Karius who will come in after his broken hand heals. Cant see them willing to pay 30m
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby nottsblue » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:24 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Might the dippers be interested? If so we could test their resolve with Coutinho. I know we don't really need him but the dippers without him are nowhere. Be worth it just for devaluing one of our potential rivals. Bayern have done if for years. Barca too

Sure Mignolet is crap but Klopp has Karius who will come in after his broken hand heals. Cant see them willing to pay 30m

Just managed to nearly get their money back on Benteke so have a few bob. Karius is a young lad still learning. My point is that we don't sell outright to them, but engineer some sort of deal where Joe and Countinho are swapped. Dare say we'd have to pay a small premium on top. Just throwing an idea out there, doubt it has any legs but stranger transfers have happened
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:31 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:

Just managed to nearly get their money back on Benteke so have a few bob. Karius is a young lad still learning. My point is that we don't sell outright to them, but engineer some sort of deal where Joe and Countinho are swapped. Dare say we'd have to pay a small premium on top. Just throwing an idea out there, doubt it has any legs but stranger transfers have happened

Put the Football Manager down and get yourself a sippy cup full of juice son.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:11 am

Hopefully Head&Shoulders will take his fuck-off powder in the next couple of days. Pep will get a squad together in which everyone is pulling for the team instead of being a selfish cunt. Gonna be good.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby john@staustell » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:39 am

nottsblue wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:

As Doomie says mate, throw it back in again!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby mr_nool » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:51 am

Barca has made a bid on Ajax keeper Cillessen as a replacement for Bravo, so this deal looks in the bag.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Nige » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:47 am

Totally not impressed.

Maybe Joe does need an upgrade based on his very poor distribution, but he's still a good shop stopper.

Bravo is only 6' tall so what we gain with tiki taka sweeper play we lose with physique and catching crosses.

Very concerned!
lets wish for good days but not forget the bad days
Nige
Superman's Underpants

My favourite player is: Fern 1

Postby s1ty m » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:03 am

Nige wrote:Totally not impressed.

Maybe Joe does need an upgrade based on his very poor distribution, but he's still a good shop stopper.

Bravo is only 6' tall so what we gain with tiki taka sweeper play we lose with physique and catching crosses.

Very concerned!

I think this is interesting, different perspectives, etc. For me, his catching is arguably his worst area. And for such a big unit, he never commands his box.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby city72 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:03 am

Nige wrote:Totally not impressed.

Very concerned!

Hart doesn't catch he punches
city72
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:03 am

Trust in Pep
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby City64 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:20 am

Two things stand out for me over this issue ,
Firstly if your not wanted you need to fuck off for everyone's sake .

Secondly Joe Hart is coming across as a soft cunt who isn't prepared to learn and adapt to new skills .

It's all about the team and system now pep is in charge NOT Joe Hart or Yaya !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby london blue 2 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:26 am

What's joe actually done wrong?

Seems he's getting a lot of abuse for just not being that good with his feet, something we knew and accepted previously.

Good luck to the lad. City legend for me.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby nottsblue » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:47 am

I'm not having it either that this has come as a massive shock to Joe. Surely when the announcement Pep was coming was made about six months ago, Hart must have wondered about his place the same as any footballer must do when a new manager is coming.

It isn't a huge stretch to assume he got in touch to say something along the lines of "great news about your appointment. Can't wait to have you here, heard so many positive things. Is there any aspect of my game I should prioritise so I hit the ground running when you get here?" This is something I would do and I'm sure I'm not alone. Maybe he isn't very bright or had a high enough opinion of himself that he thought he his game all there. But Hart must surely have looked at goalkeepers Pep has deployed and realised distribution is key, yet he has done nothing about it.

As I've said before, I like him, but his time has come to end with us it would appear. Wish him luck at his next club
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:51 am

london blue 2 wrote:What's joe actually done wrong?

Seems he's getting a lot of abuse for just not being that good with his feet, something we knew and accepted previously.

keep up mate
he's shit and a snakey cunt
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby london blue 2 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:10 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:What's joe actually done wrong?

keep up mate
he's shit and a snakey cunt

Thanks for clarifying.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:43 am

nottsblue wrote:I'm not having it either that this has come as a massive shock to Joe. Surely when the announcement Pep was coming was made about six months ago, Hart must have wondered about his place the same as any footballer must do when a new manager is coming.

It isn't a huge stretch to assume he got in touch to say something along the lines of "great news about your appointment. Can't wait to have you here, heard so many positive things. Is there any aspect of my game I should prioritise so I hit the ground running when you get here?" This is something I would do and I'm sure I'm not alone. Maybe he isn't very bright or had a high enough opinion of himself that he thought he his game all there. But Hart must surely have looked at goalkeepers Pep has deployed and realised distribution is key, yet he has done nothing about it.

As I've said before, I like him, but his time has come to end with us it would appear. Wish him luck at his next club

I remember reading in Doug's training reports that Hart never really worked on his distribution in training. Was a couple years ago (2012-ish), so that might have changed for all I know, but I found it shocking back then already. If he had the drive to be the best and cement his legacy in a side that just won the title, he would have stayed behind and clocked extra time to work on his major weak areas, but he didn't. He became complacement instead. He even needed a kick up his arse and some time on the bench to shake him up. I can't remember that happening to the likes of Buffon or Schmeichel. It was clear that he would never become someone who would be considered world class or one of the greats of his generation. A very good keeper, no doubt, but very much replaceable. It is happening now and I am not surprised, even all politics and his weak Euros aside.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:50 am

Benteke money to purchase Hart ?
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:31 am

Watch on youtube.com

don't think this made him too popular with his Argie teammate, but best chums Rio & Wayne were well happy no doubt.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum