Joe Hart

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Joe Hart

Postby nottsblue » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:30 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
john@staustell wrote:I sense a last minute very cut price deal. We aren't in a very good position to demand fees on Hart as everybody and his dog knows he has to leave.

Looks like we won't need a shitty stick to fend off would be suitors. Considering he is currently a number one International goalie with lots of experience I am a tad surprised. Just hope we don't panic sell and get dry bummed. He is worth at least £25m so if those cheapskates at Everton come knocking they should be told to pay up. It's not as if they have no money now is it!

It's not really that surprising when you consider what he would cost in terms of transfer fee and wages, that restricts the number of clubs that could afford him and those that can are set in terms of goalkeepers.

But surely someone like a Bournemouth or Middlesbrough or Sunderland or Newcastle would spend that kind of money as it would give them a better shot at staying in the PL, or getting promoted in the case of Newcastle. In fact most of the PL from seven or eight down's prime objective is to stay in the PL and a decent goalie goes a long way to achieving this. The riches on offer in the PL now mean paying £20/25m for one player isn't as outlandish as in previous seasons. Joe must realise he is going to have to step down a level and he has earned plenty from the game so accepting a lower wage ( will still be more per week than most earn in a year or even two) will be something he should suck up and do.

Let's see how important playing really is to him
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:56 pm

zuricity wrote:Isn't he training with Schweini ?

OS training pics gonna be thin on the ground this week?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:28 am

Everton want Hart on the never never ! Typical Scousers.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby gillie » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:17 am

Whilst Joe has been a central part of our success and I for one think he is a great shot stopper he lacks a lot of fundamental GK traits imo ie slow off his line,not catching preferring to punch instead and his distribution has always been poor. The only constant we have as fans is the club players and managers will always come and go but the club will hopefully always remain and as such it has to do what the present manager thinks is in the best interest of the club during his tenure. So if it's without Joe so be it let's thank him and move on hopefully to greater things.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:44 am

Happy to be
Just number 3

Sad it should come to this- his wages demands seem to vary between £100k and £150k a week depending which rag you read - big money for a keeper whichever it is
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby blues2win » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:20 am

The body language in this photo is not good. Unsurprising. The sooner Hart finds a new home the better. The whole saga is a distraction. Apparently the Cillessen deal ( Bravo's Barca replacement) is on hold until after the Dutch league match tomorrow which means it'll be Thursday at the earliest before Bravo arrives in Manchester. We need him registered for the Sunday match.

https://twitter.com/city_watch/status/7 ... 7343891456
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby blues2win » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:23 am

At last. CityWatch says Bravo spotted at Barcelona airport but flight delayed. Should arrive this pm. Excellent. Hopefully signs tomorrow.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:39 am

When it comes down to it, I really like Joe hart and think he has represented our club in an exemplary manner both on and off the pitch. Some people don't like his mannerisms and the way he smiles at situations, however, that's his personality. You can bet he is hurt just as much as we are when we lose, just because he has a life off the pitch and knows the opposition on a personal level has no impact on his performances. I don't care if he goes and hugs the opposition after the final whistle.

However, I am a Manchester City fan and not a Joe Hart fan. I support my club and want it to be the best it can be. If that means that Joe leaves, then that is the way it is. We all know that Joes weakness is his ground play, we have moaned about it for a long time on here. It is something we knew about, but we accepted it because he is also a top keeper who has saved us on many occasions, too many to list. It was also acceptable for him to play his own game by Hughes, Mancini and Pellegrini. Safety first into Row Z was acceptable under those managers. It isn't under Pep, he is redefining the way we play football and control under pressure and a calm presence on the ball are the number one attributes Pep wants in a keeper. Joe Hart is not that keeper, I wish he was, but he isnt, so we move on and get a keeper that can play in that way. Bravo can do it and has done it as we have all seen, so it will be an upgrade for the team and will help us control the play.

I know Bravo is 33 but as Doug has said our reserve keepers have been playing this way for some time. Gunn is good on the ball, I would say he is ready personally as I have been very impressed with him every time I have seen him. Which includes making a horrible mistake or two. How else will he grow and learn. Our U18 keeper is probably the best distributor of a ball I have seen, he has a great touch, as good as any outfield player. He needs to continue to learn and hopefully grow a bit as he isn't the tallest and he could well be one we produce, local lad and a massive City fan to boot!
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:44 am

Wonderwall wrote:When it comes down to it, I really like Joe hart and think he has represented our club in an exemplary manner both on and off the pitch. Some people don't like his mannerisms and the way he smiles at situations, however, that's his personality. You can bet he is hurt just as much as we are when we lose, just because he has a life off the pitch and knows the opposition on a personal level has no impact on his performances. I don't care if he goes and hugs the opposition after the final whistle.

However, I am a Manchester City fan and not a Joe Hart fan. I support my club and want it to be the best it can be. If that means that Joe leaves, then that is the way it is. We all know that Joes weakness is his ground play, we have moaned about it for a long time on here. It is something we knew about, but we accepted it because he is also a top keeper who has saved us on many occasions, too many to list. It was also acceptable for him to play his own game by Hughes, Mancini and Pellegrini. Safety first into Row Z was acceptable under those managers. It isn't under Pep, he is redefining the way we play football and control under pressure and a calm presence on the ball are the number one attributes Pep wants in a keeper. Joe Hart is not that keeper, I wish he was, but he isnt, so we move on and get a keeper that can play in that way. Bravo can do it and has done it as we have all seen, so it will be an upgrade for the team and will help us control the play.

I know Bravo is 33 but as Doug has said our reserve keepers have been playing this way for some time. Gunn is good on the ball, I would say he is ready personally as I have been very impressed with him every time I have seen him. Which includes making a horrible mistake or two. How else will he grow and learn. Our U18 keeper is probably the best distributor of a ball I have seen, he has a great touch, as good as any outfield player. He needs to continue to learn and hopefully grow a bit as he isn't the tallest and he could well be one we produce, local lad and a massive City fan to boot!

Grimshaw?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Spurge » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:46 am

nottsblue wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
john@staustell wrote:I sense a last minute very cut price deal. We aren't in a very good position to demand fees on Hart as everybody and his dog knows he has to leave.

Looks like we won't need a shitty stick to fend off would be suitors. Considering he is currently a number one International goalie with lots of experience I am a tad surprised. Just hope we don't panic sell and get dry bummed. He is worth at least £25m so if those cheapskates at Everton come knocking they should be told to pay up. It's not as if they have no money now is it!

It's not really that surprising when you consider what he would cost in terms of transfer fee and wages, that restricts the number of clubs that could afford him and those that can are set in terms of goalkeepers.

But surely someone like a Bournemouth or Middlesbrough or Sunderland or Newcastle would spend that kind of money as it would give them a better shot at staying in the PL, or getting promoted in the case of Newcastle. In fact most of the PL from seven or eight down's prime objective is to stay in the PL and a decent goalie goes a long way to achieving this. The riches on offer in the PL now mean paying £20/25m for one player isn't as outlandish as in previous seasons. Joe must realise he is going to have to step down a level and he has earned plenty from the game so accepting a lower wage ( will still be more per week than most earn in a year or even two) will be something he should suck up and do.

I think the Bournemouth, boro's etc could take a punt but the issue is not so much about being able to secure the player, but more of an issue around wages. They are likely to have a wages structure in place including a ceiling on what players are paid a week - if they break that it sets a difficult precedent and could cause unrest amongst players effecting morale etc, this would certainly be a key issue for a club like Bournemouth where team morale and a strong work ethic has been key to their relative success last season as well as this season.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:49 am

Wonderwall wrote:When it comes down to it, I really like Joe hart and think he has represented our club in an exemplary manner both on and off the pitch. Some people don't like his mannerisms and the way he smiles at situations, however, that's his personality. You can bet he is hurt just as much as we are when we lose, just because he has a life off the pitch and knows the opposition on a personal level has no impact on his performances. I don't care if he goes and hugs the opposition after the final whistle.

Grimshaw?

Yes, thats the lad.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:51 am

Wonderwall wrote:

Grimshaw?

Yes, thats the lad.

Cheers, hard to keep up, we seem to have an abundance of keepers at youth level.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby nottsblue » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:53 am

Spurge wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

I think the Bournemouth, boro's etc could take a punt but the issue is not so much about being able to secure the player, but more of an issue around wages. They are likely to have a wages structure in place including a ceiling on what players are paid a week - if they break that it sets a difficult precedent and could cause unrest amongst players effecting morale etc, this would certainly be a key issue for a club like Bournemouth where team morale and a strong work ethic has been key to their relative success last season as well as this season.

Thats why i suggested Joe will have to take a pay cut. And still earn a lot of money. It will boil down to how much he wants to play
nottsblue

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:11 pm

if he leaves on a perm deal, we'll pay him out (a big chunk anyway) on the contract he signed to the end of the 2019 season so he can afford to take a pay cut if he's desperate to play
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby john@staustell » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:26 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:if he leaves on a perm deal, we'll pay him out (a big chunk anyway) on the contract he signed to the end of the 2019 season so he can afford to take a pay cut if he's desperate to play

Be interesting to see.

It's all a big blow to the old boy's ego, but I don't sympathise too greatly with multi-millionaires with bruised egos.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:52 pm

Will he be like Cardinal Wolsey?

'So farewell—to the little good you bear me.
Farewell? a long farewell to all my greatness! '

spread over the rest of the season

or a quick adios amigos tomorrow night

hope it's the latter
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby nottsblue » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:27 pm

Looks like he's gonna play tomorrow.
nottsblue

Postby sheblue » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:06 pm

An opportunity to say goodbye to all his loyal supporters.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:44 pm

nottsblue wrote:Looks like he's gonna play tomorrow.

With Bravo waving to the fans !!!!!!! Ouch !!!!!!!
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:31 pm

nottsblue wrote:Looks like he's gonna play tomorrow.

6 og's?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum