Joe Hart

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Joe Hart

Postby ant london » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:49 am

I can only assume that we are more than happy to sign a 33 year old for 2 reasons a) he is ready to go immediately and play exactly how Pep wants and b) that the plan is to have one of the youngsters ready in due course to succeed him. Signing Ter Stegen would have been difficult, pricey and effectively would block that "progression" path that either a "kicking re-skilled" Joe or Bravo would offer in a few years
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Moonchesteri » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:15 am

Justified logic wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Here's a good summary

I wouldn't read too much into a comparison between the two as they have been playing for different teams under different managers playing different styles. For example, City players haven't been required to come short for the ball and the goalkeeper hasn't been required to give it to them short.

Spot on JL
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:11 pm

would be nice if he could get 90 mins on wednesday to say his goodbyes....
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby sheblue » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:22 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:would be nice if he could get 90 mins on wednesday to say his goodbyes....

Thinking that earlier but it may not happen.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:39 am

ant london wrote:I can only assume that we are more than happy to sign a 33 year old for 2 reasons a) he is ready to go immediately and play exactly how Pep wants and b) that the plan is to have one of the youngsters ready in due course to succeed him. Signing Ter Stegen would have been difficult, pricey and effectively would block that "progression" path that either a "kicking re-skilled" Joe or Bravo would offer in a few years

Bravo will be the example to all keepers at the club. Now and the future, as a Spanish reporter said Keepers spending 2 hours diving around at training baffles Pep.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:46 am

As neville said on MNF, the Spanish keepers are involved in the outfield training and keep ball sessions. They go and do their keeper training after the outfield sessions are finished. If Joe puts in the extra sessions and wants to stay he would be out there first and come back in last. He is the master of his own destiny and if he leaves it's because it's his choice IMO.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:58 am

ant london wrote:I can only assume that we are more than happy to sign a 33 year old for 2 reasons a) he is ready to go immediately and play exactly how Pep wants and b) that the plan is to have one of the youngsters ready in due course to succeed him. Signing Ter Stegen would have been difficult, pricey and effectively would block that "progression" path that either a "kicking re-skilled" Joe or Bravo would offer in a few years

I would expect and hope that Angus Gunn is the future for City. I think he has a presence in goal and is a very good shot stopper and is already used to the way of plahing that Pep likes. The EDS have been playing the Pep way of playing the ball out for a good while now and Angus is werll used to having the ball at his feet. He is comfortable with it too as he started life as an outfield player.

My question is where does Angus get the experience he needs?
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby City64 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:07 am

Wonderwall wrote:As neville said on MNF, the Spanish keepers are involved in the outfield training and keep ball sessions. They go and do their keeper training after the outfield sessions are finished. If Joe puts in the extra sessions and wants to stay he would be out there first and come back in last. He is the master of his own destiny and if he leaves it's because it's his choice IMO.

This for me aswell . A few weeks ago I was as shocked as most about Joe Hart,s situation as he is City through and through and has been a great keeper for us . But having looked at the situation from another angle and having seen how pep now sets us up with the new dynamic system plus hearing stuff on the grapevine that Hart has told the club and pep he isn't willing to adapt and change his game , Hart can only blame himself IMHO ! Sometimes you have to adapt to change to become better professionally and as a person . Really sad situation but NO player is bigger than club .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:07 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

I would expect and hope that Angus Gunn is the future for City. I think he has a presence in goal and is a very good shot stopper and is already used to the way of plahing that Pep likes. The EDS have been playing the Pep way of playing the ball out for a good while now and Angus is werll used to having the ball at his feet. He is comfortable with it too as he started life as an outfield player.

My question is where does Angus get the experience he needs?

Just as an aside, Mr H, how does Angus Gunn try to deal with crosses ??

Does he primarily prefer to punch and catch only when it's safer to do so, or does he try to catch and only punch when he has to ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:17 am

City64 wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:As neville said on MNF, the Spanish keepers are involved in the outfield training and keep ball sessions. They go and do their keeper training after the outfield sessions are finished. If Joe puts in the extra sessions and wants to stay he would be out there first and come back in last. He is the master of his own destiny and if he leaves it's because it's his choice IMO.

This for me aswell . A few weeks ago I was as shocked as most about Joe Hart,s situation as he is City through and through and has been a great keeper for us . But having looked at the situation from another angle and having seen how pep now sets us up with the new dynamic system plus hearing stuff on the grapevine that Hart has told the club and pep he isn't willing to adapt and change his game , Hart can only blame himself IMHO ! Sometimes you have to adapt to change to become better professionally and as a person . Really sad situation but NO player is bigger than club .

If Pep is anything he is fair, "Work Hard and improve" Yaya has to be fitter to work without the ball " Nasri "he is how you say in Manchester a twat" Has to work at being a decent person" Joe Hart, Has to work harder to get in the team "Stay and improve or Leave" Hart knows better it appears !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:25 am

Hazy2 wrote:
City64 wrote:

If Pep is anything he is fair, "Work Hard and improve" Yaya has to be fitter to work without the ball " Nasri "he is how you say in Manchester a twat" Has to work at being a decent person" Joe Hart, Has to work harder to get in the team "Stay and improve or Leave" Hart knows better it appears !

You know, Haze, it's going to be interesting to see which teams, if any, actually do try and sign Hart.

If, in the possible event that no-one does come forward, for whatever reasons, it will also be interesting to see the affect this has upon him and how he deals with it. He may have no other option but to buckle down and try to become a Pep style 'sweeper keeper', for want of a better expression.

In that scenario, it would be a 'win-win' situation for all concerned.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby john@staustell » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:36 am

I sense a last minute very cut price deal. We aren't in a very good position to demand fees on Hart as everybody and his dog knows he has to leave.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:41 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
City64 wrote:

You know, Haze, it's going to be interesting to see which teams, if any, actually do try and sign Hart.

If, in the possible event that no-one does come forward, for whatever reasons, it will also be interesting to see the affect this has upon him and how he deals with it. He may have no other option but to buckle down and try to become a Pep style 'sweeper keeper', for want of a better expression.

In that scenario, it would be a 'win-win' situation for all concerned.

Just had that chat with my mate, as he said, Hardly beating down the door are they to get him are they ! He will have known this was coming for months ! Stones and Raheem could be surplus to England playing a type of game big we now play ! Sam will not have as his first choice. The old pass it on the deck around the back has not been Sam's way since his Bolton Day's and the Bolton dream team Hiero/Campo etc.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Justified logic » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:53 am

I guess as a last resort he could be shipped out to the colonies or botany bay if the club don't want his bad influence hanging around the ground. Maybe he could learn distribution with Patrick Vieira.

As for Gunn, it would be great to see him in goal on Wednesday, but I doubt it will happen unless Pep wants to send out an unmistakable message about Hart. I'm pretty sure Gunn was named as third goalie in the 21 man squad (surely UEFA don't require three goalkeepers for such a small squad?) with a view to Hart being moved on come the return leg.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby MilnersJaw » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:01 am

john@staustell wrote:I sense a last minute very cut price deal. We aren't in a very good position to demand fees on Hart as everybody and his dog knows he has to leave.

what teams actually need him? you'd have thought teams would have their GK sorted by now too.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:10 am

MilnersJaw wrote:
john@staustell wrote:I sense a last minute very cut price deal. We aren't in a very good position to demand fees on Hart as everybody and his dog knows he has to leave.

what teams actually need him? you'd have thought teams would have their GK sorted by now too.

apart from us
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby zuricity » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:12 am

Isn't he training with Schweini ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:19 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
MilnersJaw wrote:

apart from us

dippers 1 & 2 will fight it out. 15 mill.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby nottsblue » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:52 pm

Looks like we won't need a shitty stick to fend off would be suitors. Considering he is currently a number one International goalie with lots of experience I am a tad surprised. Just hope we don't panic sell and get dry bummed. He is worth at least £25m so if those cheapskates at Everton come knocking they should be told to pay up. It's not as if they have no money now is it!
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:05 pm

nottsblue wrote:

Looks like we won't need a shitty stick to fend off would be suitors. Considering he is currently a number one International goalie with lots of experience I am a tad surprised. Just hope we don't panic sell and get dry bummed. He is worth at least £25m so if those cheapskates at Everton come knocking they should be told to pay up. It's not as if they have no money now is it!

It's not really that surprising when you consider what he would cost in terms of transfer fee and wages, that restricts the number of clubs that could afford him and those that can are set in terms of goalkeepers.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum