Joe Hart

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Joe Hart

Postby Blue Blood » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:22 pm

Dubciteh wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Interesting post BB.

A bit of food for thought there and well worth pondering.

I will be shocked if that wasnt read here:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... diolas-man

Partially, did indeed read that this morning, i will admit! (Great article btw) I also had the benefit of a few books i've read on Barca/Pep in the run up to this season to thank for the background on GK's. Nothing new on GK's really, very much been a concept for a long time.

It's good to read and learn these concepts, will help fans absorb the reasoning to Joe Harts exit. Without this knowledge, it will be difficult for fans to identify why Hart is being moved on.
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby Cocacolajojo » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:31 pm

I Just Blue Myself wrote:People need to stop talking about improvement as if it is easily done or even possible for any footballer in his twenties.

Hart will not improve his distribution to be on the level of Bravo or ter Stegen for the same reason Dzeko won't improve his first touch to be on the same level of David Silva. Those ships have sailed a long time ago.

I think I recall having read that van der sar was awful with the ball at his feet as a senior and was forced to train that in his early twenties. if Hart wants to get better there's nothing stopping him.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:14 pm

Koeman just said he has no interest in signing Hart, SSN gleefully add Sevilla have given him the swerve - we await Crewe Alexandra telling the world Joe wouldn't improve their squad

Sickening
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby bobbyspater » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:41 pm

Good example of Joe as a reactive GK in last night's game when he came out of his area just in time to hoof a through ball into touch. My guess is that Pep would not have been as impressed as the crowd, because he would have expected his type of keeper to already be positioned outside his area and deal with just such a situation by keeping possession.
bobbyspater
Carlo Nash's Debut

My favourite player is: James MIlner

Postby bobbyspater » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:41 pm

Good example of Joe as a reactive GK in last night's game when he came out of his area just in time to hoof a through ball into touch. My guess is that Pep would not have been as impressed as the crowd, because he would have expected his type of keeper to already be positioned outside his area and deal with just such a situation by keeping possession.
bobbyspater
Carlo Nash's Debut

My favourite player is: James MIlner

Postby nottsblue » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:26 pm

bobbyspater wrote:Good example of Joe as a reactive GK in last night's game when he came out of his area just in time to hoof a through ball into touch. My guess is that Pep would not have been as impressed as the crowd, because he would have expected his type of keeper to already be positioned outside his area and deal with just such a situation by keeping possession.

Spot on. It was only just outside the area as well. Pep indeed did not amused
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby zuricity » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:25 pm

i expect joe to turn down every move opportunity and see his contract out.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:31 pm

zuricity wrote:i expect joe to turn down every move opportunity and see his contract out.

Interesting
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby bigblue » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:34 pm

Interesting that Bravo used to work with Xabier Mancisidor (whose stayed on from Pellers). I'd imagine that Pep took his opinion well into consideration since Xabier has been working with hart for a few years now and nothings really improved on the distribution front.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby zuricity » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:43 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
zuricity wrote:i expect joe to turn down every move opportunity and see his contract out.

Interesting

why ? i can't see any reason why he would want to move. He's seen very experienced managers come and go.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby kinkylola » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:44 pm

bigblue wrote:Interesting that Bravo used to work with Xabier Mancisidor (whose stayed on from Pellers). I'd imagine that Pep took his opinion well into consideration since Xabier has been working with hart for a few years now and nothings really improved on the distribution front.

and he's also considered by many (pep included) to be the top GK coach in the world right now. I'm sure Pep has known since it was official that Joe would have to go and he has 3 years worth of top GK coach experience to back him up.

Interesting also the number of connections with real sociedad, which is where Mancisidor came from as well, correct? And where we have sent Rulli
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:52 pm

zuricity wrote:

Interesting

why ? i can't see any reason why he would want to move. He's seen very experienced managers come and go.

I just said it was an interesting thought.

He possibly wants first team football, that might be a good reason to move.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby zuricity » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:04 pm

zuricity wrote:

Interesting

I just said it was an interesting thought.

He possibly wants first team football, that might be a good reason to move.

Danny Mills
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby nottsblue » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:11 pm

Well, the list of clubs Joe might move to is dwindling according to the media. However, his agent has a week to sort something and the last day or two usually see some big name moves.

Must say though, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he stayed due to lack of interest.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby sheblue » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:55 pm

I suspect he really wants to retain his England place, so that will influence it.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:17 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Koeman just said he has no interest in signing Hart, SSN gleefully add Sevilla have given him the swerve - we await Crewe Alexandra telling the world Joe wouldn't improve their squad

Sickening

I don't know about inverted full backs, but this is an inverted form of snubbery.

The media must be loving this new 'approach' to doing us down.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby PrezIke » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:29 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Blue Blood wrote:
I think this issue with Joe Hart is fundamental. Basically in football it's widely accepted there are two types of GK's, A-Type and R-Type, those who anticipate and those who react.

Joe is a reactive goalkeeper, Pep wants an anticipating GK, a role deemed vital for our new system.

Those who say Joe can do the job to Pep's requirements are both right and wrong. He can do the job, but he has to think more, forcefully make himself do the job and in clutch situations, will always revert to his base GK DNA, reactive. Like anyone, when push comes to shove, in the big moments you draw on your base training, the stuff you've always done and for Joe, he's an R-Type, born and bred, always will be. It's just how he is.

Pep wants a GK who in all pressured situations is the GK he wants, whose GK DNA means he will always be anticipating.

It's a strange concept, but it's a bit like a racing driver being asked to be a taxi driver, tendency's from the former life will always be there, even though in the new job those things aren't allowed.

It's not easy to rewire a person, sadly in this case, Joe is simply the victim of his education and the new system.

Interesting post BB.

A bit of food for thought there and well worth pondering.

This was brought up in a Goal.com article I posted over the summer in the ter Stegen thread which was written off as bollocks by someone, I can't recall who. I happen to agree with BB though.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby blues2win » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:33 pm

The Club are apparently prepared to pay a good part of his wages for a loan move and yet little interest. Although he argues he hasn't been given enough time to find a club it really doesn't take long for the other 19 Premiership Clubs to decide whether they want him or not. He's silly to rule out a loan move abroad which might be his only route out this window. Hanging around as number 2 or 3 is neither in his interest or the Club's.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby sheblue » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:07 pm

Bloody hell Sunderland, say joe is chuffed to bits about that.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby blues2win » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:10 pm

Mannone out for 3 months. If we agree to pay a good chunk of Joe's wages a loan till January at least looks on.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum