Joe Hart

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Joe Hart

Postby sheblue » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:52 pm

blues2win wrote:Bravo plays his last game for Barca tonight against Betis. He should be in Manchester on Monday which frees up Hart to go to Everton, probably on loan. Cillessen goes to Barca as cover for Ter Stegen.

Hope so because some of Willys 'distribution' today was worse than Hart in a blindfold.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:15 pm

sheblue wrote:
blues2win wrote:Bravo plays his last game for Barca tonight against Betis. He should be in Manchester on Monday which frees up Hart to go to Everton, probably on loan. Cillessen goes to Barca as cover for Ter Stegen.

Hope so because some of Willys 'distribution' today was worse than Hart in a blindfold.

I really think Willy playing has more to do with Joe's reaction to Bravo arriving than anything else. Without knowing what goes on behind closed doors, it does seem from what we see and the sound bites we hear, that Joe is not happy to be no. 2
Willy seems much more ready to move back to no. 2 and take his share of games for the team, which I suspect will be as much or more than he got last season.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:24 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
sheblue wrote:

I really think Willy playing has more to do with Joe's reaction to Bravo arriving than anything else. Without knowing what goes on behind closed doors, it does seem from what we see and the sound bites we hear, that Joe is not happy to be no. 2
Willy seems much more ready to move back to no. 2 and take his share of games for the team, which I suspect will be as much or more than he got last season.

Can't argue with any of that IWT.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby nottsblue » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:31 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
sheblue wrote:

+2.

Pep is also using this to lay down the law to both players and board. He is NOT to be fucked with
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby edge275 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:35 pm

Let's get rid of the cunt, and Navas along with him.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Justified logic » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:49 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Here's a good summary

I wouldn't read too much into a comparison between the two as they have been playing for different teams under different managers playing different styles. For example, City players haven't been required to come short for the ball and the goalkeeper hasn't been required to give it to them short.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:53 pm

Remember the 3-2 win at Goodison as we won the league in 2014. Brilliant save by Hart to win us the game. Away to Barca and at home to Dortmund too. I can't understand why anyone would want to be critical of someone who has played such a part in our success over the last few years.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby nottsblue » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:05 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:Remember the 3-2 win at Goodison as we won the league in 2014. Brilliant save by Hart to win us the game. Away to Barca and at home to Dortmund too. I can't understand why anyone would want to be critical of someone who has played such a part in our success over the last few years.

I dont think folks are questioning what he can do and has done in the past on numerous occasions.

It's more what he can't do and what others can and what that brings to the team
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:05 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:Remember the 3-2 win at Goodison as we won the league in 2014. Brilliant save by Hart to win us the game. Away to Barca and at home to Dortmund too. I can't understand why anyone would want to be critical of someone who has played such a part in our success over the last few years.

Me neither but it takes all.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby MilnersJaw » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:12 pm

is bravo 2 zero better than Ter stegan? I mean it is strange we're buying a second choice keeper.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silver

Postby sheblue » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:33 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
sheblue wrote:

I think pep made his mind up a long time ago he didn't really want Hart. But I agree there's more to the picture than what meets the eye, and I trust pep and the club on this one.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby sheblue » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:35 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
sheblue wrote:

+2.

Pep is also using this to lay down the law to both players and board. He is NOT to be fucked with

Not so sure it's solely about laying down the law, I think there's more to it than just that.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:40 pm

MilnersJaw wrote:is bravo 2 zero better than Ter stegan? I mean it is strange we're buying a second choice keeper.

He's not second choice, he played Liga games and Ter Stegen played CL games.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby sidSmith » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:18 pm

Both the keepers in the Olympic final come out early and clean up. Is this really something Hart couldn't add to his game? Is it so hard to judge? I know his distribution is questionable, but he's never really had an outlet other than to hoof it. Pep has the players giving lots of options for the keeper. I've heard, not seen, that he's meant to be quite a good player, so surely he can play a pass if that's true.

Not necessarily saying he should be first choice or even stay, was just a thought as to how hard it would actually be to adapt his style if he wanted to work with Pep, rather than against him, if that's what he's doing.
sidSmith
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby PrezIke » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:13 pm

MilnersJaw wrote:is bravo 2 zero better than Ter stegan? I mean it is strange we're buying a second choice keeper.

He's been their 1st choice keeper, and probably would be again, but ter Stegen wants to play more regularly and is 9 years younger than Bravo so they obviously would prefer to keep him for the long term.

We'd love to buy ter Stegen, but he would cost his release fee (something like £70m) whilst Bravo is going to be sold to us for around £17m. In the meantime we will surely either look to develop Gunn, or buy back Rulli if he shows continued promise, or develop/buy someone else.

They have two top level keepers that's the only reason why we can get him.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Slim » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:21 pm

PrezIke wrote:

He's been their 1st choice keeper, and probably would be again, but ter Stegen wants to play more regularly and is 9 years younger than Bravo so they obviously would prefer to keep him for the long term.

We'd love to buy ter Stegen, but he would cost his release fee (something like £70m) whilst Bravo is going to be sold to us for around £17m. In the meantime we will surely either look to develop Gunn, or buy back Rulli if he shows continued promise, or develop/buy someone else.

They have two top level keepers that's the only reason why we can get him.

With the way prices are going, in two years Rulli may seem like the bargain of the fucking century at £12M.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Socrates » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:14 am

Justified logic wrote:

I wouldn't read too much into a comparison between the two as they have been playing for different teams under different managers playing different styles. For example, City players haven't been required to come short for the ball and the goalkeeper hasn't been required to give it to them short.

Exactly this. Add in that the standard of opposition was, on average, much lower for Bravo. Guardiola's not really got his head around that judging by his comparison of the Premier League to Barca's academy saying you can't lose a game or players will be dropped. He might be in for a bit of a jolt.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:11 am

Socrates wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

Exactly this. Add in that the standard of opposition was, on average, much lower for Bravo. Guardiola's not really got his head around that judging by his comparison of the Premier League to Barca's academy saying you can't lose a game or players will be dropped. He might be in for a bit of a jolt.

The punches to catches was the big thing for me. That and anyone arguing he shouldn't go based on shot stopping, he's clearly not making more saves.

I wouldn't have shopped him out if it were up to me, but numbers don't lie.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Socrates » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:43 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Socrates wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

The punches to catches was the big thing for me. That and anyone arguing he shouldn't go based on shot stopping, he's clearly not making more saves.

I wouldn't have shopped him out if it were up to me, but numbers don't lie.

But has he been told he has to punch or should punch? Wet pitches, wet balls, windy conditions make for very different goalkeeping tactics. Spanish weather is rather different.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:51 am

Scousers defeat, he gets the best option for him. We could be offered Sturridge.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum