Joe Hart

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Joe Hart

Postby littlebig » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:08 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:What's joe actually done wrong?

Seems he's getting a lot of abuse for just not being that good with his feet, something we knew and accepted previously.

Good luck to the lad. City legend for me.

keep up mate
he's shit and a snakey cunt

NT can you provide source for info?
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:26 pm

littlebig wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

Seems he's getting a lot of abuse for just not being that good with his feet, something we knew and accepted previously.

keep up mate

viewtopic.php?f=119&t=51827
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:51 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
littlebig wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

keep up mate

Stop the ride. I want to get off.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:06 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
littlebig wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

keep up mate

Stop the ride. I want to get off.

I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby PrezIke » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:41 pm

Nige wrote:Totally not impressed.

Maybe Joe does need an upgrade based on his very poor distribution, but he's still a good shop stopper.

Bravo is only 6' tall so what we gain with tiki taka sweeper play we lose with physique and catching crosses.

Very concerned!

I heard someone on the BlueMoon podcast also demean the idea of the keeper in Pep's system as important and I am wondering are people watching the games?

It isn't a small thing to have a keeper who can do the things Pep wants and NEEDS, because it's crucial to the way we will play. By the keeper being so good with the ball and having the adequate vision and composure he prevents opportunities for the opposition by helping to retain possession.

Meanwhile, Bravo is not as tall but as far as I understand better at catching than Joe, who I am surprised to read being written about as a strength of his. He much prefers to punch from what I see, and not always with enough authority to rid us of further danger.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:09 pm

PrezIke wrote:

Maybe Joe does need an upgrade based on his very poor distribution, but he's still a good shop stopper.

Bravo is only 6' tall so what we gain with tiki taka sweeper play we lose with physique and catching crosses.

Very concerned!

I heard someone on the BlueMoon podcast also demean the idea of the keeper in Pep's system as important and I am wondering are people watching the games?

It isn't a small thing to have a keeper who can do the things Pep wants and NEEDS, because it's crucial to the way we will play. By the keeper being so good with the ball and having the adequate vision and composure he prevents opportunities for the opposition by helping to retain possession.

Meanwhile, Bravo is not as tall but as far as I understand better at catching than Joe, who I am surprised to read being written about as a strength of his. He much prefers to punch from what I see, and not always with enough authority to rid us of further danger.

i've said it before...i've watched the Chilean team a fucking shit ton the last couple years.

Bravo is fantastic....he will absolutely 100% in Pep's system be an upgrade on Joe. I'm sorry but it's pretty fucking simple ladies and gentlemen. Is he a "better" shotstopper than our brave English lion? it will only matter when it matters. I'm sure the haters will come out when he makes his first mistake, which all goalies make from time to time.

He's an upgrade in Pep's style of play and that's the bottom line. Loved Joe's contributions but this isn't emotional in terms of the decision, altho the goodbye and memories are more than emotional indeed. What a great run Joe had with us! i'll always always always appreciate it. Similar to when Micah had to go....but on a grander scale. It's time.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Dameerto » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:10 pm

Joe was needed under Pellegrini because he is one of the world's best reaction savers, and Pellegrini's system invited pressure on the defence.
Under Pep we're a possession team looking to build up plays from the back with a sweeper keeper being vital to snuffing out opposition chances while regaining possession if we happen to lose it.
Where Pellegrini's system played to Joe's strengths Pep's system plays to his weaknesses (he's always had those 'rash' moments where he makes a decision that leaves us wondering what the heck he's doing - and no amount of coaching is going to stop it). Taking emotion and sentiment out of it I guess it's not really surprising it looks like he's on his way out.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:00 pm

Gringo Twatburger wrote:
PrezIke wrote:

Very concerned!

i've said it before...i've watched the Chilean team a fucking shit ton the last couple years.

Bravo is fantastic....he will absolutely 100% in Pep's system be an upgrade on Joe. I'm sorry but it's pretty fucking simple ladies and gentlemen. Is he a "better" shotstopper than our brave English lion? it will only matter when it matters. I'm sure the haters will come out when he makes his first mistake, which all goalies make from time to time.

He's an upgrade in Pep's style of play and that's the bottom line. Loved Joe's contributions but this isn't emotional in terms of the decision, altho the goodbye and memories are more than emotional indeed. What a great run Joe had with us! i'll always always always appreciate it. Similar to when Micah had to go....but on a grander scale. It's time.

cheers

That's rather a fine post Mr Gringo. Quite impressive in its own way.

"..it will only matter when it matters" is an interesting thought and, since you've obviously got more knowledge of Bravo than most, I can't wait for us to sign him and see him in action for us.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby michaelcityfan » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:48 am

Joe can't catch for shit he punches instead immediately giving up possession. God knows why, he kicks out to touch giving up possession.He makes schoolboy errors,Ffs this is man city not Blackburn we need better. Hie has been well paid for his efforts handsomely in fact he gets more money than a nurse earns who deserves it more? In his all round game,he's not that good so forget the sentiment were playing for keeps now.
michaelcityfan
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:23 am

Dameerto wrote:Joe was needed under Pellegrini because he is one of the world's best reaction savers, and Pellegrini's system invited pressure on the defence.
Under Pep we're a possession team looking to build up plays from the back with a sweeper keeper being vital to snuffing out opposition chances while regaining possession if we happen to lose it.
Where Pellegrini's system played to Joe's strengths Pep's system plays to his weaknesses (he's always had those 'rash' moments where he makes a decision that leaves us wondering what the heck he's doing - and no amount of coaching is going to stop it). Taking emotion and sentiment out of it I guess it's not really surprising it looks like he's on his way out.

Peller's system didn't invite pressure. We were so a possession based team then too.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:35 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
Dameerto wrote:Joe was needed under Pellegrini because he is one of the world's best reaction savers, and Pellegrini's system invited pressure on the defence.

Peller's system didn't invite pressure. We were so a possession based team then too.

Joe diving about punching added to his panic on the ball, is Not Pep's idea of what a top class team has in the go to and recycle the ball keeper. Willy is as bad, but will slip back into his number 2 role, better than Hart ever would. He has had a long time to get his feet sorted. No sympathy from me, he can get back with his mate Milly or Granny shagger at Everton, if De Gea was poached by RM I think he would go to the Scum without hesitation.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Dameerto » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:16 am

Are you kidding me? Even when we were scoring for fun in his first year we were so unbalanced it made me wince. We played with a high defensive line and were vulnerable at all times to counter attacks especially through the centre. We were set up to blow teams away, and when it didn't happen Pellegrini rarely had an answer.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby kinsey » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:16 am

It is Pep's system that invites pressure, not Pellers! Both are possession based, but by playing so deep and inviting headless chickens to push up on you, they are leaving space in behind and in which the central midfielders can move in to and drive forwards with their heads up.

We have complained for years how teams sit deep against us at home - this system means that the distance from front to back for the opposition is greater and therefore the pockets of space in between are bigger. I expect that people like Sterling, Sane, Our Kev and Silva will be huge for us this season with this and the inverted fullback tactics as this will allow them much more opportunity to be one v one on their oppo.

But in order to pull off this matador trick, you need to create an extra player. If Joe is unable or unwilling to pull off this trick, let's bring in someone who can.

That said, I am really interested to see how we shape up away from home or against the bigger teams as we may prefer to be more compact ourselves.
kinsey
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Dameerto » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:22 am

Pep uses his fullbacks to counter the counter-attacks.
When we lost possession under Pellegrini we would be pulled all over the place trying to fire fight and were nearly always outnumbered in midfield.
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:41 am

If Willy gets a Stoke wind and rain nightmare today the questions will be on Pep for sure. No Pain without gain !!!!!
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Dunnylad » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:46 am

I'm also leaning to the idea that Hart doesn't want to learn & thinks he knows it. Pep has already said if he stays he'll improve, that some players will adapt to his style and others never will, I wonder if Hart is both stubborn (or billy big bollocks) & without the ability to learn, but it'll be his decision to leave, which I'm sure is a fee bargaining tool. With Ter Stegn injured Bravo doesn't look a done deal either
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:32 am

Dameerto wrote:

Are you kidding me? Even when we were scoring for fun in his first year we were so unbalanced it made me wince. We played with a high defensive line and were vulnerable at all times to counter attacks especially through the centre. We were set up to blow teams away, and when it didn't happen Pellegrini rarely had an answer.

It might have made you wince but it was very Keeganesque in that it was an exciting ride.

We'll be more structured, organised and certainly less cavalier under Pep and I just hope we can score the goals to adequately reflect what will be the excellence of our approach play.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:22 pm

Here's a good summary
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby blues2win » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:39 pm

Bravo plays his last game for Barca tonight against Betis. He should be in Manchester on Monday which frees up Hart to go to Everton, probably on loan. Cillessen goes to Barca as cover for Ter Stegen.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:27 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Here's a good summary

Amazingly obvious from that is it not?

Cheers Lee. You're a good egg.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum