Welcome to Manchester Moreno!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Welcome to Manchester Moreno!

Postby Slim » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:21 pm

I think you're all gettting a little jaded on new signings if this lad has been here 12 hours now and no thread.

He is off to Deportivo this season, but will give us another 12 months to get rid of some deadwood without him becoming lost in the mire.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Re: Welcome to Manchester Moreno!

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:51 pm

Slim wrote:I think you're all gettting a little jaded on new signings if this lad has been here 12 hours now and no thread.

He is off to Deportivo this season, but will give us another 12 months to get rid of some deadwood without him becoming lost in the mire.

It is difficult to enthuse about our new signings who aren't going to appear in Manchester until next year. Especially those praised by Venemous Vickery.
Nevertheless, a long distance wave is in order for Marlos.
I suppose you are quite good at those Slim
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby phips » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:54 pm

i found it curious that he's being touted as the best talent from South America in quite some time yet he was only 4.5m while Gabriel was 6x that.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Slim » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:28 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Slim wrote:I think you're all gettting a little jaded on new signings if this lad has been here 12 hours now and no thread.

It is difficult to enthuse about our new signings who aren't going to appear in Manchester until next year. Especially those praised by Venemous Vickery.

Wow, nice dig. Guess you haven't got over your premature Sane-culation earlier this week.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:54 pm

Slim wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Wow, nice dig. Guess you haven't got over your premature Sane-culation earlier this week.

Just a light hearted jest, shame they wouldn't let anyone in to watch your team this week ;)
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby PrezIke » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:50 pm

phips wrote:i found it curious that he's being touted as the best talent from South America in quite some time yet he was only 4.5m while Gabriel was 6x that.

One of the best, but it's also more complex, of course. Garbiel Jesus is clearly the #1 prospect out of South America by quite a bit, HIGHLY sought after by all the big clubs, and is ready to join a top club's first team immediately. Moreno apparently is good enough to play in a league such as La Liga, and play for Colombia but we don't really have room for him right now.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:02 pm

PrezIke wrote:
phips wrote:i found it curious that he's being touted as the best talent from South America in quite some time yet he was only 4.5m while Gabriel was 6x that.

One of the best, but it's also more complex, of course. Garbiel Jesus is clearly the #1 prospect out of South America by quite a bit, HIGHLY sought after by all the big clubs, and is ready to join a top club's first team immediately. Moreno apparently is good enough to play in a league such as La Liga, and play for Colombia but we don't really have room for him right now.

Moreno wasn't part owned by a third party either
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Scatman » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:51 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
PrezIke wrote:

That in itself is cause for alarm
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Slim » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:51 pm

PrezIke wrote:

Can only echo this, I don't normally get swept up in the excitement of new players, probably the last was Robinho because of what he represented. But Jesus Jesus is one hell of a talent, can't wait for January.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:26 pm

Slim wrote:
PrezIke wrote:

Can only echo this, I don't normally get swept up in the excitement of new players, probably the last was Robinho because of what he represented. But Jesus Jesus is one hell of a talent, can't wait for January.

I'm excited in theory as well. Saw him play one match in the olympics last week and he and he rest of Brasil were unsatisfying. But I'm excited to watch their next match to see our own, personal, Jesus.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Scatman » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:20 pm

Gringo Twatburger wrote:
Slim wrote:
PrezIke wrote:

That's the third time you've quotef that line. A favourite song of yours is it?

I'm excited in theory as well. Saw him play one match in the olympics last week and he and he rest of Brasil were unsatisfying. But I'm excited to watch their next match to see our own, personal, Jesus.

Cheers
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Slim » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:05 pm

Gringo Twatburger wrote:
Slim wrote:
PrezIke wrote:

Cheers

As we've got Navas already, would this be the second coming?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Return to The Maine Football forum