Season expectations Trophies and League

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

How many trophies do you think we'll win and what will be our league position?

The quaddy is on!!
2%

Jdoe235
I'm up for a treble.
3%

bluelogic32
Make it a double.
30%

dazby, BlueinBosnia, ruralblue, Listerfiend, MUS, Tony P, CuteMancs, Dwaring, kinsey, roblues, craigmcfc, Fullartj, the_spoon, Feed The Goat, Slim, linwood, Moonchesteri
Just one would be nice.
20%

Piccsnumberoneblue, C & C, Mikhail Chigorin, South Stand Balti, DoomMerchant, everyonehatesus, nottsblue, Dameerto, littlebig, iwasthere2012, halnone
So close but no cigar.
No votes

Shocker! Sack Pep!
No votes

League. 1st
34%

dazby, Piccsnumberoneblue, C & C, Wooders, kinsey, DoomMerchant, aristation, roblues, craigmcfc, bluelogic32, Dameerto, the_spoon, littlebig, Peter Doherty (AGAIG), iwasthere2012, Feed The Goat, Slim, linwood, ruralblue, sheblue, Fullartj
2nd
5%

BlueinBosnia, everyonehatesus, nottsblue
3rd
3%

Moonchesteri
4th
No votes

5th
3%

South Stand Balti
6th
No votes

7-10
No votes

10-17
No votes

Going down down down
No votes

Total votes : 61

Season expectations Trophies and League

Postby dazby » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:56 am

Neck on the line. How good will we be this year? Or will we be bang average? Or will Pep take us backwards?

League and league cup for me. Semis of the chumps.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Re: Season expectations Trophies and League

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:10 am

I'm hoping for the league title. But I am expecting to see some of the best, if not the best, football played in my time watching the boys in blue.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:14 am

I think we will do well.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby ruralblue » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:01 am

I'll settle for a double and Champions League semi.

League and FA Cup will be a nice start for Pep. Am more than confident he will turn round the attitudes and passion of a certain few players last year.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:43 am

I am hoping for the league title. Not a last minute one either. We have Leicester as our opponents for the last home game. Would be fitting and a great piss take for banter, if they had to give us a guard of honour
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:57 am

success for me is the players playing like they give a shit in every game.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:02 am

The squad has weakened over the last couple of years culminating in our lowest points total for 7 years last season. I think we will be miles better this season, tactically. But I don't think our underwhelming summer transfer activity has improved the playing staff.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby ruralblue » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:29 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:success for me is the players playing like they give a shit in every game.

We will see this for that I am sure!!!!
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby branny » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:39 am

The sceptic in me says that things at City rarely go as well or as easily as expected. I'm just hoping that Pep can get the best out of the players we've got. If he does that we'll be there or there abouts. I can't wait to see how we perform against Sunderland because they have a habit of taking points off us if we're not at it. Hopefully we'll wipe the floor with them.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:33 pm

I want the league and for it to be the priority. Anything else would be icing. Focus on winning the Prem, achieve that goal, and I'll be a happy fucler.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:25 pm

For me, one trophy would be nice, whichever one it might be.

I just hope that, at the end of the day, we've played some sustained, silky, stylish attacking football and entertained everyone, scoring a load of goals in the process.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:35 pm

There's definitely a hint of 'Transitional change' going on in my mind. If it all comes together quickly then I can't see many stopping us with our new acquisitions but I feel have to be a little conservative due to the overall route change of the club.

Win everything, I'm happy. Top 3 and 'Oh so close', I can live with, as long as we are showing signs that the transition is working.

Anything other, Pep will be getting it!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby nottsblue » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:45 pm

As always, a pot would be acceptable. Preferably the PL as for me, that should be the priority each and every season. Top scorers in the PL would be an added bonus and it would be nice to get top scorer individually and Golden glove.

As for cups, if we don't win the PL then any will do. Obviously a double of some description would be more than acceptable.

Above all I want to see the players play with freedom, passion and with pace and directness we didn't see last year. I want to see proactive substitutions by the manager and I want to see more of our younger players been given run outs where appropriate
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby mr_nool » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:16 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:There's definitely a hint of 'Transitional change' going on in my mind. If it all comes together quickly then I can't see many stopping us with our new acquisitions but I feel have to be a little conservative due to the overall route change of the club.

Win everything, I'm happy. Top 3 and 'Oh so close', I can live with, as long as we are showing signs that the transition is working.

Anything other, Pep will be getting it!

I'm with Beefy. I don't expect it to be a smooth ride and I think we won't completely see Pep's ideas come into fruition until his second season at the helm.

That said, a cup or trophy would be nice, but for me it's mostly about progress and seeing the whole club moving in the right direction.

Obviously I hope that I'm wrong and that Pep is the big Saviour/magician/genius everyone seems to think he is.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:02 pm

Think it could be a rocky start for us but hopefully Pep gets a settled team fast, playing high tempo exciting football.
I'd like us to win the PL back as a priority. To do so breaking 4 or 5 academy players into the squad would be nice, but champions any which way would be fine.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby PrezIke » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:13 pm

Winning the league is what most of our traditional fans care about. Winning the CL is what the "newbies" and Sheikh Mansour care about.

League makes most sense regardless, as Pep likely wants to prove he can win in England first.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Slim » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:30 pm

I'd be happy with a repeat of Peller's first season success.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:55 pm

PrezIke wrote:Winning the league is what most of our traditional fans care about. Winning the CL is what the "newbies" and Sheikh Mansour care about

Indeed you can count me in the former rather than latter, premier league first and foremost.

To me it's as simple as that! Prem league win proves that over 38 games playing against the same teams as everyone else in our league who is best.

Chumps league can be very much luck of the draw and it is that simple from my perspective and shouldn't be treated anything other than a posher knockout comp.

I say it every year, chump league qualification should be simply a bye product of our domestic success year on year.

Yes I get what it means to our owner and yes we are beginning to be one of Europe's elite but as long as we finish above those swamp dwelling rags, I'm easily pleased.

Going back to knockout comps, the FA Cup to me also appeals more than chumps as there is realistic chance of us getting watch the final at Wembley in person without costing a mortgage to do so (yes the CL final this coming season is Cardiff but I bet you wouldn't get much change out of £500 for a ticket if we we get there).

So in short, please deliver me edge of the seat attacking flair and wondrous goals and in doing so, having as much silverware as possible, golden boot and glove, spanking the rags, chelski, dippers, Gooners & spuds along the way.

League title, match last seasons chumps league and FA Cup.....
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby nottsblue » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:16 am

CTID Hants wrote:
PrezIke wrote:Winning the league is what most of our traditional fans care about. Winning the CL is what the "newbies" and Sheikh Mansour care about

Indeed you can count me in the former rather than latter, premier league first and foremost.

To me it's as simple as that! Prem league win proves that over 38 games playing against the same teams as everyone else in our league who is best.

Chumps league can be very much luck of the draw and it is that simple from my perspective and shouldn't be treated anything other than a posher knockout comp.

I say it every year, chump league qualification should be simply a bye product of our domestic success year on year.

Yes I get what it means to our owner and yes we are beginning to be one of Europe's elite but as long as we finish above those swamp dwelling rags, I'm easily pleased.

Going back to knockout comps, the FA Cup to me also appeals more than chumps as there is realistic chance of us getting watch the final at Wembley in person without costing a mortgage to do so (yes the CL final this coming season is Cardiff but I bet you wouldn't get much change out of £500 for a ticket if we we get there).

So in short, please deliver me edge of the seat attacking flair and wondrous goals and in doing so, having as much silverware as possible, golden boot and glove, spanking the rags, chelski, dippers, Gooners & spuds along the way.

League title, match last seasons chumps league and FA Cup.....

Pretty much my thoughts exactly Hants.
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby sheblue » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:31 am

To win the league comfortably would be superb.
Anything else would be a bonus.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Return to The Maine Football forum