WELCOME JESUS!!!!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: WELCOME JESUS!!!!

Postby CTID Hants » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:01 pm

blues2win wrote:Second Brazil goal scored by Jesus in their win against Denmark. Nice finish at the far post.

https://twitter.com/brazilstats2/status ... 7041739781

Watch on youtube.com
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:11 pm

The team was better last night and Jesus benefited from that for sure.

I disagree that he isn't a "striker" whatever that may be these days I suppose.

He's a forward player who will play anywhere across the front from what I've seen in the three Olympic Games.

I think the entire universe is so caught up on positions and we as City fans will see something this season which blows our minds open about what a "position" is for an outfield player. "On the field" is the answer.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Sideshow Bob » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:35 pm

i'm sure i'll get slated for this. he scored but still looked average at best. sorry. the goal appeared to be a bit of a shinner that could have gone anywhere. he seems very one-footed. on both the goal and another, far easier chance to score earlier in the match, he awkwardly went with his right instead of letting it come across his body and striking through the ball with his left. and aside from the goal, he didn't do much else although tbf i got bored and went to bed well before the end.

remember when we, the arse and other big clubs were linked with bernard? super fast, brazilian, a world beater on youtube. even capped by the senior squad. yeah.
Last edited by Sideshow Bob on Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:37 pm

Gringo Twatburger wrote:The team was better last night and Jesus benefited from that for sure.

I disagree that he isn't a "striker" whatever that may be these days I suppose.

He's a forward player who will play anywhere across the front from what I've seen in the three Olympic Games.

I think the entire universe is so caught up on positions and we as City fans will see something this season which blows our minds open about what a "position" is for an outfield player. "On the field" is the answer.

Cheers

Absolutely.

I think this season we'll see a new, modern slant on the old concept of total football.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:40 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:i'm sure i'll get slated for this. he scored but still looked average at best. sorry. the goal appeared to be a bit of a shinner that could have gone anywhere. he seems very one-footed. on both the goal and another, far easier chance to score earlier in the match, he awkwardly went with his right instead of letting it come across his body and striking through the ball with his left. and aside from the goal, he didn't do much else although tbf i got bored and went to bed well before the end.

remember when we, the arse and other big clubs were linked with bernard? super fast, brazilian, a world beater on youtube. even capped by the senior squad. yeah.

Yeah he's clearly shit, get rid.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Sideshow Bob » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:45 pm

i didn't say that. i said average.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:57 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:i didn't say that. i said average.

Oh sorry, yeah he's average, get rid.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Sideshow Bob » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:04 pm

FIBD, not having a go, but did you watch these olympic matches? what have you seen to make you think he's going to make it?
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:18 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:FIBD, not having a go, but did you watch these olympic matches? what have you seen to make you think he's going to make it?

I never said I thought he was going to make it. What I do know is that he is currently the Brazilian league's top scorer and he was being monitored by all the top clubs in Europe so I think it's fairly safe to assume there's talent there with potential, no guarantees of course but wouldn't it be better to take a gamble and buy now rather than to wait a couple of years for him to establish himself properly and then pay an exorbitant fee?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Sideshow Bob » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:54 pm

fair enough. i guess i was just expecting more of the finished article considering what we paid for him. i know, i know...it's not my money, we can afford it, etc.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Tru_Blu » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:11 pm

Anyone that can question a players performance who hasn't even had a game for the club, deserves no response. Simples.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare."

Piers Morgan

Tru_Blu
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: oat-Rivaldo cur-KDB

Postby bigblue » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:06 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:fair enough. i guess i was just expecting more of the finished article considering what we paid for him. i know, i know...it's not my money, we can afford it, etc.

And you came to this conclusion after watching a 19 year old play in his first major tournament for one of the most dysfunctional national teams around?

I know people are more restless nowadays towards new signings, but I thought we at least give them a month or two before saying they're not worth the price.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Sideshow Bob » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:04 pm

bigblue wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:fair enough. i guess i was just expecting more of the finished article considering what we paid for him. i know, i know...it's not my money, we can afford it, etc.

And you came to this conclusion after watching a 19 year old play in his first major tournament for one of the most dysfunctional national teams around?

I know people are more restless nowadays towards new signings, but I thought we at least give them a month or two before saying they're not worth the price.

i get it. i do. but on the other hand, i watched a 20/21 y.o. isco absolutely tear up the U21 euros a few years ago. best player in the tourney by a mile. you could see his talent in every touch. a few months later, he went to RM for about the same price as jesus.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby bigblue » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:06 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:i get it. i do. but on the other hand, i watched a 20/21 y.o. isco absolutely tear up the U21 euros a few years ago. best player in the tourney by a mile. you could see his talent in every touch. a few months later, he went to RM for about the same price as jesus.

I don't know if you really get it. The u21 Euros have much less pressure/insanity than Brazil playing in the Olympics in Rio. And the Spanish u21 team probably functions like a normal team, rather than the clusterfuck that the CFB and Brazil in general have been over the last few years.

Put it this way, would you hold it against Isco if he failed to stand out while playing under Hodgson for England? Because over the last few years, the English national team looks about as well run and professional as Germany when compared to Brazil
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Dameerto » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:37 pm

He's currently destroying Honduras almost single-handed, playing off the last man.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby steelsnail » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:43 pm

Dameerto wrote:He's currently destroying Honduras almost single-handed, playing off the last man.

Yeh 2 goals for him now . It's live on bbc 1.
steelsnail
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: Zabs

Postby JamieMCFC » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:46 pm

The commentator on NBC over here just mentioned he was supposed to be in the Copa squad this summer but couldn't get a visa.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby john@staustell » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:58 pm

Glad to hear he's getting the hang of it , no loan to Girona now.

Might watch second half then
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:04 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:The commentator on NBC over here just mentioned he was supposed to be in the Copa squad this summer but couldn't get a visa.

did brazil outsource the organisation of their trip to the us to the city back office?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby PrezIke » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:59 pm

Very strong finishing today. A little less worried now?
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum