Tosin off?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Tosin off?

Postby Wooders » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:44 am

Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Re: Tosin off?

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:04 am

It's just media bollox as usual. Things are going well and because we are in for stones they want to stir things up. I expect Tosin to be offered a new contract soon. Pep has played him and seen his quality. The rag led media outlets want to try and ruffle our feathers. Same old rubbish.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:38 am

thread title of the season so far
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:59 am

Is this article the best they could come up with ??

Spurs, Everton and Celtic, as the list of clubs they say are "monitoring" the situation, are not a particularly enthralling bunch.

They could have at least mentioned Barcelona, Real Madrid and The Scum, just to try and make it sound a little more authentic.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby nottsblue » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:06 am

There will be a small element of truth in it. Maybe he has looked at the situation Denayer is in and wondered whether that is his pre destined path.

Sooner or later we are going to have to play some EDS lads, if only to give hope to others who are perhaps younger and possibly more worthy of a place some hope that they will get a place in the team when the time comes
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby john@staustell » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:13 am

You aren't really taken in by that are you mate?

"18-yr old on verge of a career after years of hard work says to CL semi-finalists he'll fuck off if they don't acceed to his demands'

Wonder who his agent is?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:17 am

john@staustell wrote:

"18-yr old on verge of a career after years of hard work says to CL semi-finalists he'll fuck off if they don't acceed to his demands'

Wonder who his agent is?

Question is John, is he good enough for a top 4 team?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mase » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:25 am

nottsblue wrote:There will be a small element of truth in it. Maybe he has looked at the situation Denayer is in and wondered whether that is his pre destined path.

Sooner or later we are going to have to play some EDS lads, if only to give hope to others who are perhaps younger and possibly more worthy of a place some hope that they will get a place in the team when the time comes

If they're good enough they'll play. Simple as. I'd imagine Nacho will get a lot of game time this season - because he's good enough. If others don't play it's because they're not good enough.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Wooders » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:46 am

john@staustell wrote:

Wonder who his agent is?

i have to admit i only did it for the humorous thread title
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby aaron bond » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:48 am

Mase wrote:
nottsblue wrote:There will be a small element of truth in it. Maybe he has looked at the situation Denayer is in and wondered whether that is his pre destined path.

If they're good enough they'll play. Simple as. I'd imagine Nacho will get a lot of game time this season - because he's good enough. If others don't play it's because they're not good enough.

I do agree with you, but...if you're a young defender at City and you've seen Savic, Nastasic, Demichelis, Mangala and Otamendi all getting significant game time whilst no young defender has had a look in, you would wonder if a chance will ever come along. Especially when we are chasing Stones at £40-50m who has been dreadful so far in his short Premier League career.

The bar for our centre backs is so low I find it hard to believe that Denayer last year or Tosin now would be significantly worse. Neither may turn out to be brilliant, but as we have spent fortunes on mediocrity, we should at least now have a youngster as 1 of our 4 centre backs and find out.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:19 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:

thread title of the season so far

Agreed, bravo
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby nottsblue » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:47 pm

Mase wrote:

My point is that some who are good enough could get tired of waiting for a chance.
nottsblue

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:56 pm

Maybe if he was a bag filled with poo like Denayer then he would be concerned, but from what we've seen Denayer makes Boyata seem like an impenetrable fortress of a defender...so, i wouldn't worry too much about Tosin's feelings about Denayer's lack of "chances."

If Pep wants him he won't be going anywhere...

and also, what's so funny about Tosin off? It's serious subject matter.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:04 pm

Gringo Twatburger wrote:

Maybe if he was a bag filled with poo like Denayer then he would be concerned, but from what we've seen Denayer makes Boyata seem like an impenetrable fortress of a defender...so, i wouldn't worry too much about Tosin's feelings about Denayer's lack of "chances."

cheers

What have you seen of Denayer? Genuine question.

As for him making Boyata look good, absolute bullshit of the highest order but there again you do like exaggerating.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:07 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

My point is that some who are good enough could get tired of waiting for a chance.

Like pogba?
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby bigblue » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:24 pm

Gringo Twatburger wrote:

cheers

Oh so now Denayer is shit?

Have you gone on a long-term bender over the past 9 months? Because your posts have steadily gone downhill since the start of last season. Hyperbole, negativity, and general nonsense has infected the twatburger
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:37 pm

bigblue wrote:
Gringo Twatburger wrote:

cheers

Oh so now Denayer is shit?

Have you gone on a long-term bender over the past 9 months? Because your posts have steadily gone downhill since the start of last season. Hyperbole, negativity, and general nonsense has infected the twatburger

Excessive Tosin off will do that to ye.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby nottsblue » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:01 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

Like pogba?

The thought had crossed my mind to be honest. There will always be some that slip through the net but at the moment we are not landing any. This next three years will hopefully start to rectify that
nottsblue

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:11 pm

nottsblue wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

Like pogba?

The thought had crossed my mind to be honest. There will always be some that slip through the net but at the moment we are not landing any. This next three years will hopefully start to rectify that

this season they'll all have a Pep in their step......sorry, me coat's on, I'm gone.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Dameerto » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:30 pm

It was worth it for the thread title - even though the story in the Mail is a load of horse shite.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum