city vs st johnstone

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: city vs st johnstone

Postby Tony P » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:29 pm

I'd settle for knowing the team.
Tony P
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Justified logic » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:04 pm

A City team containing Hart, Zabaleta, Kolorov, Clichy, Silva, Fernandinho, Sterling, Nolito, Toure and Aguero beat Saints this afternoon

is all that seems to be known about the team.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:10 pm

Tony P wrote:I'd settle for knowing the team.

we know Zabba was subbed in the 37th minute - so 7 more to get plus subs
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby phips » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:27 pm

Justified logic wrote:
A City team containing Hart, Zabaleta, Kolorov, Clichy, Silva, Fernandinho, Sterling, Nolito, Toure and Aguero beat Saints this afternoon

Kolarov and Fern1 as CBs?
I wonder if Sane featured at all just to get a run out.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Dwaring » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:37 pm

phips wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

Sounds more like a paper spotting the big names that received some time In the match. I doubt that squad was trotted out at the same time but I could be wrong.
Dwaring
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Yaya toure

Postby Justified logic » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:59 pm

Dwaring wrote:
phips wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

Sounds more like a paper spotting the big names that received some time In the match. I doubt that squad was trotted out at the same time but I could be wrong.

It was from the WAP1884 (St Johnstone) twitter feed as reported on the Vital Manchester City website. The full information is:

Scottish Premiership side, St Johnstone FC are in town (Wednesday 3 August) ready to take on Pep Guardiola's Manchester City 'behind closed doors' pre-season friendly.

No spectators will be allowed to attend the 7,000-capacity Academy Stadium, and we've just heard, (seconds prior to publication) reporters / media are not allowed to attend the stadium on what can be described as a 90-minute training session.

We understand the match will kick off at 5pm BST.

We at Vital Manchester City will keep an eye on numerous media outlets, including the official City and St Johnstone websites, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram feeds and if we see any reports, images or anything related to the game we'll hope to bring it you as soon as they are available.

Updates will appear below...

But the only updates were the tweets about the goal scorers and the 10 team members.
Justified logic

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:36 pm

This was on someone's Facebook group and reddit

CITY 3-0 ST. JOHNSTONE - Match Details

Ok, so you already know that Fernandinho, Silva and Delph were the scorers, well I can tell you that all three goals were near carbon copies of Aguero's goal vs Dortmund - Great passing moves ending in tap-ins.

The game was played like a training match with rolling subs with players going off and back on constantly, working on different formations and styles, therefore I haven't got the starting lineup for the second half or any substitutions coz of the amount of changes during the game.

The starting lineup was Hart, Zabaleta, Kolorov, Adarabioyo, Clichy, Fernandinho, Yaya Toure, Silva, Sterling, Nolito and Aguero.

Nobody played the full 90 minutes.

What I can tell you is that everyone played some part of the match apart from Caballero, Gundogan, Kompany, Otamendi, Sane, De Bruyne & Bony, who were all missing/rested.

The youngsters involved were Gunn, Zinchenko, Angelino, Maffeo, Aleix Garcia, Adarabioyo and Zuculini.

As I said players kept going off and then coming back on later when Pep was trying out something new, however, the only player not to reappear was Pablo Zabaleta after he was angrily taken off and was given the riot act by Pep on the touchline.

Joe Hart played the first half and Angus Gunn played the second.

Aleks Kolarov played CB again and Tosin played CB for the entire first half. Fernando had a spell in the second half at CB too. Fernandinho was also tried as a forward at times!

And that's your lot. Please don't ask me more questions coz I'll remove you from the group and remember, if i see this leaked anywhere then I'll block you faster than you can blink!
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby john@staustell » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:47 pm

Security bloke at the gate? Oh no that was Carrington
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:16 pm

Wonderwall wrote:This was on someone's Facebook group and reddit

Ok, so you already know that Fernandinho, Silva and Delph were the scorers, well I can tell you that all three goals were near carbon copies of Aguero's goal vs Dortmund - Great passing moves ending in tap-ins.

The game was played like a training match with rolling subs with players going off and back on constantly, working on different formations and styles, therefore I haven't got the starting lineup for the second half or any substitutions coz of the amount of changes during the game.

The starting lineup was Hart, Zabaleta, Kolorov, Adarabioyo, Clichy, Fernandinho, Yaya Toure, Silva, Sterling, Nolito and Aguero.

What I can tell you is that everyone played some part of the match apart from Caballero, Gundogan, Kompany, Otamendi, Sane, De Bruyne & Bony, who were all missing/rested.

The youngsters involved were Gunn, Zinchenko, Angelino, Maffeo, Aleix Garcia, Adarabioyo and Zuculini.

As I said players kept going off and then coming back on later when Pep was trying out something new, however, the only player not to reappear was Pablo Zabaleta after he was angrily taken off and was given the riot act by Pep on the touchline.

Aleks Kolarov played CB again and Tosin played CB for the entire first half. Fernando had a spell in the second half at CB too. Fernandinho was also tried as a forward at times!

And that's your lot. Please don't ask me more questions coz I'll remove you from the group and remember, if i see this leaked anywhere then I'll block you faster than you can blink!

lots of words but next to fuck all about the game
i smell bull shit
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby sheblue » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:04 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:This was on someone's Facebook group and reddit

lots of words but next to fuck all about the game
i smell bull shit

One wonders. That crap about zabba getting a good bollicking.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Justified logic » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:04 am

I'm partial to a good bollicking but I wouldn't want one off Pep.
Justified logic

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum