stones signed - nearly £100m over 6 years!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: stones - talks opened

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:31 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Gringo Twatburger wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
Blue Blood wrote:
blues2win wrote:Reports that Everton are close to signing Ashley Williams from Swansea. That would open the door to selling Stones.

And Kone from Sunderland too...

Certainly suggestive that Stones is offski.

Kone yes but Williams is s strange signing, just for the age. Maybe this unlimited money the Mersey Millionaires have rediscovered is not quite all that?

Williams for 12M is a very good signing imho. Does what it says on the tin. Relishes the job of defending...what 9/10 teams want tbh.

Why no one else would go for him is simply his age. However with Arsenal hurting for CBs it's moronic that they wouldn't snap him up at that price. I'm glad they haven't.

cheers

Williams is a CB with OK pace, not fast, but like Terry, he reads the game is as sweet as a nut with the ball. Top player and will do a great job for anyone including us IMHO. We are not after him, a player better than some very expensive mistakes we have bought. His Euros performances were outstanding.

You forgot to mention he has the ability to kill a man by merely kicking a football against his head.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Tony P » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:39 am

A Rag pal of mine has taken delight in telling me how shite Stones was last night in Rooney's testimonial. Probably to hide the fact that United were shite too.
Tony P
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:52 am

Tony P wrote:A Rag pal of mine has taken delight in telling me how shite Stones was last night in Rooney's testimonial. Probably to hide the fact that United were shite too.

Hope pep was watching. 40-50 mill for this kid is daylight robbery.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:55 am

Tony P wrote:A Rag pal of mine has taken delight in telling me how shite Stones was last night in Rooney's testimonial. Probably to hide the fact that United were shite too.

My rag brother goes on his Jollies today, so we mind the dog ! 8.00 this morning in trots the dog so I ask his lad as mongo is getting stuff from the boot how was the game. Rubbish and we got a puncture in the car park, So I had to, "Bit of a letdown last night was it" Even he smirked the red twat.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:01 am

Hazy2 wrote:

My rag brother goes on his Jollies today, so we mind the dog ! 8.00 this morning in trots the dog so I ask his lad as mongo is getting stuff from the boot how was the game. Rubbish and we got a puncture in the car park, So I had to, "Bit of a letdown last night was it" Even he smirked the red twat.

What type of dog? Dog groomers can do wonderful things with spray paint these days, I'd say the new City crest wouldn't be too difficult for a skilled groomer.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:45 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

What type of dog? Dog groomers can do wonderful things with spray paint these days, I'd say the new City crest wouldn't be too difficult for a skilled groomer.

Border Colie, 16 yrs old I would if I did'nt think it might joss it on our watch. I can get the kids to give him a blue rinse !!
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby john@staustell » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:50 am

Hazy2 wrote:

Can you die the dog pale blue? Dress it up as a bath and he'll love it!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:12 am

john@staustell wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

Can you die the dog pale blue? Dress it up as a bath and he'll love it!

City shirt and Scarf pics for His Xmas card is do-able I really do not want it croaking on us, Can u imagine explaining it to his kids, my lot not dropping me in the shit, Dad tried to die him blue so erm he is dead now oops ! Knowing my fucking luck our Border would dig him up ! the deed would be uncovered "Blue Murder " How was your holiday then...
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby PrezIke » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:19 am

I Just Blue Myself wrote:
Gringo Twatburger wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
Blue Blood wrote:
blues2win wrote:Reports that Everton are close to signing Ashley Williams from Swansea. That would open the door to selling Stones.

And Kone from Sunderland too...

Certainly suggestive that Stones is offski.

Kone yes but Williams is s strange signing, just for the age. Maybe this unlimited money the Mersey Millionaires have rediscovered is not quite all that?

Williams for 12M is a very good signing imho. Does what it says on the tin. Relishes the job of defending...what 9/10 teams want tbh.

Why no one else would go for him is simply his age. However with Arsenal hurting for CBs it's moronic that they wouldn't snap him up at that price. I'm glad they haven't.

cheers

They're going for Jonny Evans instead. I'd have Williams over that soft cunt 7 days a week, regardless of age.

or Denayer...so I heard.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Swales4ever » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:54 pm

PrezIke wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:If Fern 1 is to play at CB then we don't have any decent centre mids left. Maybe he plans to play Silva, Nasri, KDB etc in the middle. Little blokes like Barca.
As for Joe being cocky......he's got fuck all on Neur.

I think when we keep trying to use traditional ways of looking at positions with the way Pep seems to operate I think we find ourselves not really knowing what we are talking about.

Fernandinho may play some CB against certain teams or situations. I think that he will mostly still play as a centre midfielder though, and I do think we could slot some other players around that area that you listed.

We may even sign someone else. Summer isn't over yet.

Agree on that.

I must beg pardon if, along a quite distracted off season, I have missed something, but there is any actual sign, Pep's statements or so, that Fern 1 is gonna be set at CB?
I too have envisaged that as an option, in a pair of posts by the end of last season, but so far I got no evidence of that.
I will be glad if I missed something and it's already on Pep's plans.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby PrezIke » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:41 pm

Feels like this is going to go on until just before the season starts.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:03 pm

PrezIke wrote:Feels like this is going to go on until just before the season starts.

Right...yawn.

I am pretty sure Pep must have other targets? I wish we would move onto other targets so at least i could read some new tittle tattle instead of how much Stones sucks vs how expensive he will be.

blah....

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby PrezIke » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:30 pm

Gringo Twatburger wrote:
PrezIke wrote:Feels like this is going to go on until just before the season starts.

Right...yawn.

I am pretty sure Pep must have other targets? I wish we would move onto other targets so at least i could read some new tittle tattle instead of how much Stones sucks vs how expensive he will be.

blah....

cheers

This young French defender we are supposedly interested in now, Diop? Not likely to make it into the team even if that hapens. Adarabioyo started again so that's 3 in a row so perhaps he gets his chance. Wonder what Pep thinks of Denayer?

Doesn't seem Bonucci is happening. He may think we can survive a few matches with Nico and either Tosin/Denayer or who knows at this point.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:38 pm

Swales4ever wrote:
PrezIke wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:If Fern 1 is to play at CB then we don't have any decent centre mids left. Maybe he plans to play Silva, Nasri, KDB etc in the middle. Little blokes like Barca.
As for Joe being cocky......he's got fuck all on Neur.

I think when we keep trying to use traditional ways of looking at positions with the way Pep seems to operate I think we find ourselves not really knowing what we are talking about.

Fernandinho may play some CB against certain teams or situations. I think that he will mostly still play as a centre midfielder though, and I do think we could slot some other players around that area that you listed.

We may even sign someone else. Summer isn't over yet.

Agree on that.

I must beg pardon if, along a quite distracted off season, I have missed something, but there is any actual sign, Pep's statements or so, that Fern 1 is gonna be set at CB?
I too have envisaged that as an option, in a pair of posts by the end of last season, but so far I got no evidence of that.
I will be glad if I missed something and it's already on Pep's plans.

Pep's quotes which are obviously an answer to a question put to him as to whether Fernandinho can play centre back:

“I think Fernandinho can play in 10 different positions, because he has the quality to play wherever,” Guardiola said. “He can play there [defence], he is quick, aggressive, intelligent and strong in the air.

“He has the quality to create good build-up play and can play a forward pass, so I think he has the quality to play there. Fernando can also play there, but maybe he is not as quick as Fernandinho.

“So at the end of the window, we will have to see which players we have. But I think a lot of the midfield players we have here can play at the back, and when that happens the build-up play is much, much better."

The rest can be read here:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... ack-to-cr/
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:22 pm

Everton Wellbiased (Elton Welsby) tweeted a photo of bony driving in Liverpool today. Part exchange?
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:25 pm

KinkyKinkladze wrote:Everton Wellbiased (Elton Welsby) tweeted a photo of bony driving in Liverpool today. Part exchange?

He was in front of me last night in Altrincham. With his blinded up range rover private regarding W1 8ONY
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby blues2win » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:26 pm

If Lukaku goes they need a replacement. Obviously isn't a one for one; Bony is a very different striker.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:37 pm

KinkyKinkladze wrote:Everton Wellbiased (Elton Welsby) tweeted a photo of bony driving in Liverpool today. Part exchange?

is he still alive?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:49 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

He was in front of me last night in Altrincham. With his blinded up range rover private regarding W1 8ONY

Funnily enough it was a picture of that car driving through central liverpool.

Anyway, Twitter's saying they're in talks now.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:50 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:

is he still alive?

He is. And he looks and tweets like one of those old media blokes who say the new media know nowt and it's all been ruined by poofs.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum