stones signed - nearly £100m over 6 years!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: stones - talks opened

Postby MilnersJaw » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:15 am

he can't defend. We don't need bellends who are good on the ball, we need defenders who can stop the ball.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Mase » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:30 am

MilnersJaw wrote:he can't defend. We don't need bellends who are good on the ball, we need defenders who can stop the ball.

Like the ones we've currently got..
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:34 am

MilnersJaw wrote:he can't defend. We don't need bellends who are good on the ball, we need defenders who can stop the ball.

We need exactly the opposite, we've got morons who can throw themselves to the ball what we need is someone who knows how to pass straight.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:39 am

If Pep is talking Ferna as a CB then you have a few players who are surplus on Contracts that are a mare. Pretty clear If you cannot pass a ball at pace all day every day with a purpose then your done at Peps City, Keeper sweeper and CB's who play out are the only way we are going to play, we do not have one defender who can do it if we are being honest. Hence Ferna and Stones, where this leaves Otter and Mango is the clubs problem, Poor Mango sorry rich Mango..
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Dimples » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:23 pm

Hazy2 wrote:If Pep is talking Ferna as a CB then you have a few players who are surplus on Contracts that are a mare. Pretty clear If you cannot pass a ball at pace all day every day with a purpose then your done at Peps City, Keeper sweeper and CB's who play out are the only way we are going to play, we do not have one defender who can do it if we are being honest. Hence Ferna and Stones, where this leaves Otter and Mango is the clubs problem, Poor Mango sorry rich Mango..

Yes looks like that is what he wants from the goalie and defenders.
Question: If Ferna is moved to CB - to me we left very light on creativity from defensive midfielders?
Is this a worry or am I misreading the way we will set up?

Also, Joe just cannot play this system - ball at feet. Surely he will have to be moved on?
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:53 pm

Dimples wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Also, Joe just cannot play this system - ball at feet. Surely he will have to be moved on?

Good - cocky cunt did my head in over the season - Pep wants a sweeper so I reckon "head n shoulders" is on borrowed time.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:58 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Dimples wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

Good - cocky cunt did my head in over the season - Pep wants a sweeper so I reckon "head n shoulders" is on borrowed time.

cant even go for Neur ( however you spell that Bayern keeper) as he is doing head and shoulders now isn't he?
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby john@staustell » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:00 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Dimples wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

He has become very cocky and a little on edge. I've also said before that all that shouting and screaming just unsettles the team, rather than calming or leading.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:54 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Dimples wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

cant even go for Neur ( however you spell that Bayern keeper) as he is doing head and shoulders now isn't he?

Neur will never leave BM ,hes at the top of his game and plays for one of the best teams in the world........... so I think we can forget about getting him onboard - unfortunately.

Pep will either want Hart to adapt to the way he wants him to play (I personally think Pep will persevere with Hart for this season to see if he can adapt) or we will see him on the bench more often than not.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:07 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Dimples wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

Neur will never leave BM ,hes at the top of his game and plays for one of the best teams in the world........... so I think we can forget about getting him onboard - unfortunately.

Pep will either want Hart to adapt to the way he wants him to play (I personally think Pep will persevere with Hart for this season to see if he can adapt) or we will see him on the bench more often than not.

I agree about Neuer. It's a shame as he'd be perfect for us. I can't see Hart adapting as his reading of the game and distribution are consistently poor.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby South Stand Balti » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:31 pm

If Fern 1 is to play at CB then we don't have any decent centre mids left. Maybe he plans to play Silva, Nasri, KDB etc in the middle. Little blokes like Barca.
As for Joe being cocky......he's got fuck all on Neur.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby PrezIke » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:42 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:If Fern 1 is to play at CB then we don't have any decent centre mids left. Maybe he plans to play Silva, Nasri, KDB etc in the middle. Little blokes like Barca.

I think when we keep trying to use traditional ways of looking at positions with the way Pep seems to operate I think we find ourselves not really knowing what we are talking about.

Fernandinho may play some CB against certain teams or situations. I think that he will mostly still play as a centre midfielder though, and I do think we could slot some other players around that area that you listed.

We may even sign someone else. Summer isn't over yet.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby South Stand Balti » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:46 pm

PrezIke wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:If Fern 1 is to play at CB then we don't have any decent centre mids left. Maybe he plans to play Silva, Nasri, KDB etc in the middle. Little blokes like Barca.

I think when we keep trying to use traditional ways of looking at positions with the way Pep seems to operate I think we find ourselves not really knowing what we are talking about.

Fernandinho may play some CB against certain teams or situations. I think that he will mostly still play as a centre midfielder though, and I do think we could slot some other players around that area that you listed.

We may even sign someone else. Summer isn't over yet.

Pogba would be nice or Kroos
South Stand Balti

Postby blues2win » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:55 pm

Reports that Everton are close to signing Ashley Williams from Swansea. That would open the door to selling Stones.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Blue Blood » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:41 am

blues2win wrote:Reports that Everton are close to signing Ashley Williams from Swansea. That would open the door to selling Stones.

And Kone from Sunderland too...

Certainly suggestive that Stones is offski.
Blue Blood

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby john@staustell » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:47 pm

Blue Blood wrote:
blues2win wrote:Reports that Everton are close to signing Ashley Williams from Swansea. That would open the door to selling Stones.

Kone yes but Williams is s strange signing, just for the age. Maybe this unlimited money the Mersey Millionaires have rediscovered is not quite all that?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby bigblue » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:58 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Blue Blood wrote:

Kone yes but Williams is s strange signing, just for the age. Maybe this unlimited money the Mersey Millionaires have rediscovered is not quite all that?

Only 10 million squid though. Not bad at all for a very solid PL center back.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:58 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Blue Blood wrote:

Williams for 12M is a very good signing imho. Does what it says on the tin. Relishes the job of defending...what 9/10 teams want tbh.

Why no one else would go for him is simply his age. However with Arsenal hurting for CBs it's moronic that they wouldn't snap him up at that price. I'm glad they haven't.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:16 pm

Gringo Twatburger wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
Blue Blood wrote:

Williams for 12M is a very good signing imho. Does what it says on the tin. Relishes the job of defending...what 9/10 teams want tbh.

Why no one else would go for him is simply his age. However with Arsenal hurting for CBs it's moronic that they wouldn't snap him up at that price. I'm glad they haven't.

cheers

They're going for Jonny Evans instead. I'd have Williams over that soft cunt 7 days a week, regardless of age.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:24 pm

Gringo Twatburger wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
Blue Blood wrote:

cheers

Williams is a CB with OK pace, not fast, but like Terry, he reads the game is as sweet as a nut with the ball. Top player and will do a great job for anyone including us IMHO. We are not after him, a player better than some very expensive mistakes we have bought. His Euros performances were outstanding.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum