stones signed - nearly £100m over 6 years!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: stones - talks opened

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:34 pm

Ok Dimples......
Basically he's saying, with all due respect, you're wrong and if you want him to expand on that he's more than willing to.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Swales4ever » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:34 pm

bigblue wrote:
Swales4ever wrote:those guys have to - somehow - justify the chair they seat and, apart for delivering Pep with 3 years delay plus KdB (and would add even Sir Dinho for very good measure) they have done nothing but purchasing third options at overly inflated fees.
which, in turns, continue to make a fool of THE CHAIRMAN's business reputation.

as many advised posters have noted in both preseason match threads, what shown by Tosin, Maffeo and Angelino, and I'd add by today Denayer's performance, granted the manager's reputation at nurturing freshmen, raise huge question marks on the need to waste a factory of money on yet another prospect who is gonna add nothing of note to the potential of a top club aiming to the very top.
MCFC are CL semifinalist, among the richest of riches, already filled with some world class players and now managed by the very best: who the hell wont will to join??? still...

You're descending into lunacy again.

I'm loving our transfers so far this year. Get the best 19-23 year olds and sprinkle in 1 or 2 veterans who fit our system perfectly. Plus snatch up Brasil's best young talent low key under the radar. Gabriel Jesus looks out of this world for a 19 year old. On Neymar's level, no exaggeration.

So sit back and crack open a beer (or light your Italian crack pipe) and get ready to enjoy the next few years.

You know, Big, much on the contrary to "iwasthere2012" [although Im everyday more convinced he's someone backup taking the piss on me] You are a bright mind who had my respect when we often found in agreement, as well as has now, when You seems constantly aiming to throw s***e at me. Think it's mostly down to offseason boredoom.

But, tell me, why should be arsed to take seriously the above assumption of lunacy.
anyhow, if interested, You can have your fair share of headache with my last 2 posts above.
time for bed now.

p.s.: I'm oldstylish so, apart for some doobies at the proper age, I can only range from beer to malts,
But I wont need it to enjoy the next few years, so please, please, dont turn into the next version of reptile Ted from the ending of the Mancini era.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:42 pm

Last edited by iwasthere2012 on Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:01 am

Swales4ever wrote:
bigblue wrote:
Swales4ever wrote:those guys have to - somehow - justify the chair they seat and, apart for delivering Pep with 3 years delay plus KdB (and would add even Sir Dinho for very good measure) they have done nothing but purchasing third options at overly inflated fees.

as many advised posters have noted in both preseason match threads, what shown by Tosin, Maffeo and Angelino, and I'd add by today Denayer's performance, granted the manager's reputation at nurturing freshmen, raise huge question marks on the need to waste a factory of money on yet another prospect who is gonna add nothing of note to the potential of a top club aiming to the very top.
MCFC are CL semifinalist, among the richest of riches, already filled with some world class players and now managed by the very best: who the hell wont will to join??? still...

I'm loving our transfers so far this year. Get the best 19-23 year olds and sprinkle in 1 or 2 veterans who fit our system perfectly. Plus snatch up Brasil's best young talent low key under the radar. Gabriel Jesus looks out of this world for a 19 year old. On Neymar's level, no exaggeration.

So sit back and crack open a beer (or light your Italian crack pipe) and get ready to enjoy the next few years.

You know, Big, much on the contrary to "iwasthere2012" [although Im everyday more convinced he's someone backup taking the piss on me] You are a bright mind who had my respect when we often found in agreement, as well as has now, when You seems constantly aiming to throw s***e at me. Think it's mostly down to offseason boredoom.

But, tell me, why should be arsed to take seriously the above assumption of lunacy.
anyhow, if interested, You can have your fair share of headache with my last 2 posts above.
time for bed now.

p.s.: I'm oldstylish so, apart for some doobies at the proper age, I can only range from beer to malts,
But I wont need it to enjoy the next few years, so please, please, dont turn into the next version of reptile Ted from the ending of the Mancini era.

Swalesie . I can assure you, I'm not the reincarnation of any previous poster.
I'm only on here a little less than two years, so I have no idea of any history you have with anyone else on here from years ago.
Personally I love your posts, but they are quite long and can be a tad difficult to follow at times.
If I misrepresented the gist of your posts, feel free to put me straight.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby blues2win » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:16 am

City supposedly saying to Everton we won't be held to ransom. There was a picture of Stones looking absolutely miserable as he went off on Everton's German tour.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby bigblue » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:20 am

Swales4ever wrote:
bigblue wrote:

time for bed now.

I'm all for doozies, reefers and wherever else the kids call the. It's also legal to grow the Jazz cabbage where I live.

You're an enigma and things I don't understand I have a tendency to think are crazy. Have a nice sleep
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Wooders » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:34 am

oh fuck off mancio - stop invading threads and making them about you

anyway

apparently we've made a final offer of 40 million for Stones and they can take it or leave it. a more sensible offer for me, still over the odds, but that is the market
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby ruralblue » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:50 am

I think we need to know more about Bigblues Kazz Cabbage! (In all my years I've never heard it referred to as this and I've smoked a lot if Jazz Cabbage!)

Also where are you and when can I move over?
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:21 am

blues2win wrote:City supposedly saying to Everton we won't be held to ransom. There was a picture of Stones looking absolutely miserable as he went off on Everton's German tour.

Perhaps he doesn't like Germans.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby bigblue » Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:55 pm

ruralblue wrote:I think we need to know more about Bigblues Kazz Cabbage! (In all my years I've never heard it referred to as this and I've smoked a lot if Jazz Cabbage!)

Also where are you and when can I move over?

Washington, DC the nations Capitol! Legal to grow 6 at a time.

But 40 mil for stones sounds lovely. Think it'll end up around 45, but it doesn't really matter does it. Not my money and what's 5 or 10 million in the bigger picture
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:31 am

Williams to Swansea 10 mill...... Good buy, excellent player. Does this allow Stones to leave?
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:37 am

Hazy2 wrote:Williams to Swansea 10 mill...... Good buy, excellent player. Does this allow Stones to leave?

£10 million is very good for Williams. We paid £42 mill for Mongo!

Surely that means they're getting a replacement in for Stones. Hopefully we haven't been held to ransom like was being suggested.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Wooders » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:56 am

i don't know why but i am a lot more comfortable with 40 million
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:53 pm

Mase wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Williams to Swansea 10 mill...... Good buy, excellent player. Does this allow Stones to leave?

Surely that means they're getting a replacement in for Stones. Hopefully we haven't been held to ransom like was being suggested.

I would have both.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:11 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Mase wrote:

I would have both.

Is Williams in is last year or something? I don't understand why Swansea would sell him for so cheap yet we paid how much for Bony?!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Slim » Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:17 pm

Mase wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Mase wrote:

I would have both.

Is Williams in is last year or something? I don't understand why Swansea would sell him for so cheap yet we paid how much for Bony?!

Two years.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:59 pm

Slim wrote:
Mase wrote:Is Williams in is last year or something? I don't understand why Swansea would sell him for so cheap yet we paid how much for Bony?!

Two years.

We don't half get a dry bumming when negotiating for these players!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:35 pm

Mase wrote:
Slim wrote:
Mase wrote:Is Williams in is last year or something? I don't understand why Swansea would sell him for so cheap yet we paid how much for Bony?!

Two years.

We don't half get a dry bumming when negotiating for these players!

Not seen a better centre half than williams, plus He would love a go at Zlatan, like he did with RVP. 10 mill Is nothing for him. He is proven, and better than anything we have.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:43 pm

£10m for a 32 year old centre back isn't all that great. We paid half that for Demichelis at the same age.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:24 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:£10m for a 32 year old centre back isn't all that great. We paid half that for Demichelis at the same age.

Demi was ok for 5 mill, in today's market AW is great value for 2 good seasons back up for a third, IMHO
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum