stones signed - nearly £100m over 6 years!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: stones - talks opened

Postby blues2win » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:00 pm

The Sun says Koeman has come round to a Bony make weight for the Stones transfer. He would be valued at 15 million in a 50 million deal. I suspect the deal will be structured so Everton will claim its 50 million for Stones and we say it it isn't. If it happens!
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:01 pm

blues2win wrote:The Sun says Koeman has come round to a Bony make weight for the Stones transfer. He would be valued at 15 million in a 50 million deal. I suspect the deal will be structured so Everton will claim its 50 million for Stones and we say it it isn't. If it happens!

£15m for bony makes sense!?

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footbal ... 13376.html
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Slim » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:07 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
blues2win wrote:The Sun says Koeman has come round to a Bony make weight for the Stones transfer. He would be valued at 15 million in a 50 million deal. I suspect the deal will be structured so Everton will claim its 50 million for Stones and we say it it isn't. If it happens!

Only when £40M for Stones makes sense to them.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:17 pm

Slim wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

it's all bollocks
fuck transfer fees
all that matters is if we can afford it. which we can.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Fidel Castro » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:26 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Slim wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

it's all bollocks
fuck transfer fees
all that matters is if we can afford it. which we can.

Yes we can. But Stones is still shite
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:15 am

I for one hope we hold firm and don't pay if they don't budge. Show the world we won't be mugged off anymore and leave them to get the lad playing properly before anyone else will offer big money.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby zuricity » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:37 am

I for one hope we don't buy him at all. At the moment he has gone downhill at Everton and worth about the same they paid for him( accounting for inflation).
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:25 am

Stones is not shite, He was in a side that had losts it's way, The manager the senior players were not on the same page, Pep is nobodies fool, we have the best manager in world football, Judge him at City.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Moonchesteri » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:26 am

In stock market there's a saying Price is what you pay, value is what you get. We can afford whatever the price and but in this Stones deal I just don't see the value there.
If we want CB who can be shit defender as long as he is 'good with the ball' why not just put Silva or Nasri there?
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:40 am

Moonchesteri wrote:In stock market there's a saying Price is what you pay, value is what you get. We can afford whatever the price and but in this Stones deal I just don't see the value there.
If we want CB who can be shit defender as long as he is 'good with the ball' why not just put Silva or Nasri there?

In an era when defending is not a priority for players/Coaches, We have to trust the club, Maybe it will be 3rd time lucky as the two we have made massive dough for have not convinced anyone they it. I trust Pep, we have seen what he has done with Pique, who like Stones at a similar age had his doubters. Players need coaching and Pep is the best....
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:41 am

Hazy2 wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:In stock market there's a saying Price is what you pay, value is what you get. We can afford whatever the price and but in this Stones deal I just don't see the value there.

In an era when defending is not a priority for players/Coaches, We have to trust the club, Maybe it will be 3rd time lucky as the two we have paid massive dough for have not convinced anyone they have it. I trust Pep, we have seen what he has done with Pique, who like Stones at a similar age had his doubters. Players need coaching and Pep is the best....
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby zuricity » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:07 am

Hazy2 wrote:

In an era when defending is not a priority for players/Coaches, We have to trust the club, Maybe it will be 3rd time lucky as the two we have made massive dough for have not convinced anyone they it. I trust Pep, we have seen what he has done with Pique, who like Stones at a similar age had his doubters. Players need coaching and Pep is the best....

Completely wrong ! Explain please why every manager puts 11 men in their own box when playing City?

I think you will find that defending is very much on the opposition managers mind when playing City, Chelski , *rse.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby blues2win » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:10 am

Stones is not shite. He's the most talented english defender of his generation. He was continually played out of position last season in a team with almost no defensive organisation. Is he worth 50 million? Of course not any more than Sterling was but if he does come Pep will make him a much better player. At the moment there are a lot of doubts about Kompany's future fitness and Otamendi and Mangala haven't convinced, together at least. You can see why Txiki and Pep want Stones and the chances are they'll get their man. I don't really believe that Bonucci will leave Juventus and there don't seem to be a lot of alternatives. A good centre back playing for Brighton if there are any takers!
blues2win

Postby Renato_CTID » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:11 am

Bony + 20/25 ml £ would be a reasonable price and don't forget this lad is a Pep's priority muche more than another Englishman in our squad!
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:37 am

Stones had a good few months at the start of the season before last. There has been nothing since to suggest he is anything but shite. He was terrible last season. I'd sooner keep bony and play him at centre half.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:12 am

zuricity wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

Completely wrong ! Explain please why every manager puts 11 men in their own box when playing City?

I think you will find that defending is very much on the opposition managers mind when playing City, Chelski , *rse.

We had enough examples last season of us falling apart for anyone to see we need change, Without Vinny we were a shambles. England the same,The art of defending it is a dying craft, John Terry, Jagielka will play until they are 40 as they are pros who know the role IMHO.players not being good enough at the basics like positional play. I think Pep sees what Stones is and what he can be. Just how I see it mate.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby PrezIke » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:17 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:

Liverpool wouldn't sell Benteke for £25m to Palace, who had a terrible season, barely played (in fairness was higher rated before arriving), and Klopp just said, "It makes sense for him to go to another club" and he won't be "a gift."

I feel like we have similar feelings, but they know we want Stones, probably more than they want Bony (they could be in for Benteke, ironically) so it's a bit different, and we are now in a new era of clubs, such as Everton, refusing to sell even when a player demands a move. They set the precedent last season when Chelsea came calling and never sold despite Stones handing in a transfer request.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby blues2win » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:54 am

Perfectly fair but his form was affected last season so Everton have to factor that in. Benteke is very good indeed in the air at his best, really imposes himself on defenders. Trouble is he's pretty immobile. Bony is probably better all round and actually pretty good in the air himself.
blues2win

Postby john@staustell » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:52 pm

blues2win wrote:Perfectly fair but his form was affected last season so Everton have to factor that in. Benteke is very good indeed in the air at his best, really imposes himself on defenders. Trouble is he's pretty immobile. Bony is probably better all round and actually pretty good in the air himself.

He can't be very good if Bony is better!

Watching the Stones debate, it seems he's shite with mitigating circumstances, so with potential!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:41 pm

I'm happy if Stones comes,cant see the problem.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum