Olympic stadium- West ham

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Olympic stadium- West ham

Postby CTID Hants » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:01 am

I too like selhurst park, always liked the atmosphere at the smaller grounds, anyone remember the dell, another great small ground

I took the missus for her City match against Wimbledon in 02 when they ground shared. Stuart Pearce got sent off in dying minutes and couldn't be arsed to go to the dugout just climbed over hoarding and sat in the crowd.

We lost iirc but was a good day overall
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Re: Olympic stadium- West ham

Postby Slim » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:11 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Justified logic wrote:
john@staustell wrote:Isn't one big advantage that Upton Park was the worst ground to get to (possibly except Palace) whereas Stratford allegedly has all the transport links?

I disagree! Actually Selhurst Park is the easiest ground to get to as it is on my train line into London. Great atmosphere in the away crowd as well as you can stand virtually wherever you want. Saw Iheanacho's first PL goal there last season. We went wild! If anyone has a couple of tickets for the game in November I'll gladly buy them - you do do ticket sales at face value here like on Bluemoon, yes?

I don't do trains and I don't live near London!

Yeah fucker, if you lived in London you'd be home by now.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum