Bayern, Utd, Dortmund, Arsenal friendlies

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Bayern, Utd, Dortmund, Arsenal friendlies

Postby john@staustell » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:50 am

dazby wrote:That's a shame. The Lympics have been a happy hunting ground for us scouting players.

The CFG player loan factory needs raw materials!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:54 am

Looking forward to the game tonight. The Euros disappointed in many ways so it'll be nice to get back to proper football, ie City
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby john@staustell » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:14 am

Yeah - and personally I think football at the Olmpics is a joke anyway, along with a lot of other sports, especially team sports, that sneak in these days. Probably be darts soon - might you I suppose that's closer to Greek spear-throwing than football!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby john@staustell » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:51 am

Nacho back in apparently:

http://footballlive.ng/footballnews/9ja ... our-party/?

Kelechi Iheanacho has been named in the squad for the pre-season tour of Germany and China.

The young forward joins Sergio Aguero, David Silva, Joe Hart and Vincent Kompany in Pep Guardiola’s 34-man party for City’s games against Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund and Manchester United.

The Youngster , who turns 20 later in October, was initially omitted from the provisional provisional tour squad.

Pep Guardiola has named a 32-man traveling party for the tour to Germany and China. But it is subject to change due to visa applications per Manchester Evening News.

City blocked Nigeria’s attempts to include Iheanacho in their Olympic squad, with Guardiola insisting on the striker joining him for pre season, rather than taking part in the Rio Games.

The 19-year-old will be given the chance to establish himself as Sergio Aguero’s understudy next season and the tour was going to be his chance to make an impression on City’s new manager.

Squad: Joe Hart, Willy Caballero, Angus Gunn, Billy O’Brien, Vincent Kompany, Pablo Zabaleta, Fernando Reges, Raheem Sterling, Samir Nasri, Nolito, Sergio Aguero, Aleksandar Kolarov, Wilfried Bony, Jesus Navas, Fabian Delph, David Silva, Gael Clichy, Fernandinho, Jason Denayer, Nicolas Otamendi, Bruno Zuculini, Yaya Toure, Kelechi Iheanacho, Alex Zinchenko, Pablo Maffeo, Tosin Adarabioyo, Bersant Celina, James Horsfield, Brandon Barker, Sinan Bytyqi, Angelino Tasende, Aleix Garcia, Manu Garcia, Cameron Humphreys.
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:10 am

john@staustell wrote:Nacho back in apparently:

Kelechi Iheanacho has been named in the squad for the pre-season tour of Germany and China.

The young forward joins Sergio Aguero, David Silva, Joe Hart and Vincent Kompany in Pep Guardiola’s 34-man party for City’s games against Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund and Manchester United.

The Youngster , who turns 20 later in October, was initially omitted from the provisional provisional tour squad.

Pep Guardiola has named a 32-man traveling party for the tour to Germany and China. But it is subject to change due to visa applications per Manchester Evening News.

City blocked Nigeria’s attempts to include Iheanacho in their Olympic squad, with Guardiola insisting on the striker joining him for pre season, rather than taking part in the Rio Games.

The 19-year-old will be given the chance to establish himself as Sergio Aguero’s understudy next season and the tour was going to be his chance to make an impression on City’s new manager.

Squad: Joe Hart, Willy Caballero, Angus Gunn, Billy O’Brien, Vincent Kompany, Pablo Zabaleta, Fernando Reges, Raheem Sterling, Samir Nasri, Nolito, Sergio Aguero, Aleksandar Kolarov, Wilfried Bony, Jesus Navas, Fabian Delph, David Silva, Gael Clichy, Fernandinho, Jason Denayer, Nicolas Otamendi, Bruno Zuculini, Yaya Toure, Kelechi Iheanacho, Alex Zinchenko, Pablo Maffeo, Tosin Adarabioyo, Bersant Celina, James Horsfield, Brandon Barker, Sinan Bytyqi, Angelino Tasende, Aleix Garcia, Manu Garcia, Cameron Humphreys.

pleased to see bruno zucchini in there.
what a cracking signing he's been!
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:16 am

see the team are flying out this morning (live footage on facebook of them walking to the gate - unmissable tv!). that's top notch preparation for a game this evening.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby BlueinBosnia » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:19 am

bigblue wrote:
Dwaring wrote:Yes bluemoomtv reported Nacho had visa issues. Can someone explain this to me? Is it due to being from an African nation? Is destination country that usually poses the issue? If so if there a chance he would play in Germany and not China, or visa versa?

China is a pain in the arse to get a visa, especially if you're not from a "top-tier" country. And like other communist countries, they take up an entire page in your passport

Do you consider the UK a 'communist country'?

On the visa issue, when Bosnia & Herzegovina played Wales in a friendly in August 2012, 3 or 4 players only arrived in the UK on the morning of the game due to visa issues, having missed pre-match training and everything.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:27 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
john@staustell wrote:Nacho back in apparently:

pleased to see bruno zucchini in there.
what a cracking signing he's been!

From what I have seen of zuculini he has looked decent enough. I thought he played well at boro in the games I saw. Problem is he has massive competition for the role he prefers.hopefully we will get a good fee for him if pep decides to offload
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:28 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:see the team are flying out this morning (live footage on facebook of them walking to the gate - unmissable tv!). that's top notch preparation for a game this evening.

Tickle, get your cv into City mate, you seem to know how to do everything much better than it's being done.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:52 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:see the team are flying out this morning (live footage on facebook of them walking to the gate - unmissable tv!). that's top notch preparation for a game this evening.

Tickle, get your cv into City mate, you seem to know how to do everything much better than it's being done.

might just do that, foreverupjoesarse
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:44 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

might just do that, foreverupjoesarse

I can't take much more of this optimistic happy clapping, Nidge. Get a grip on yourself.
Your over exhuberant cheerleading is refreshing occassionally, but this constant blue-tinted view of the world is over the top.....

Jaysus! The season hasn't started yet but I feel like slitting my wrists already.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby phips » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:35 pm

is City doing a stream for any of these on the OS?
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Dameerto » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:35 pm

I missed it, did Kompany pick up an injury?
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby john@staustell » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:40 pm

Dameerto wrote:

Give it 4 hours mate.
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:52 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

Give it 4 hours mate.

jaysus etc.....
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Swales4ever » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:03 pm

phips wrote:is City doing a stream for any of these on the OS?

dunno. but see my above spoiler for contingency.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:09 pm

Swales4ever wrote:

dunno. but see my above spoiler for contingency.

Looks at the fixtures list on this site for details
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:20 pm

Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby bigblue » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:22 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
bigblue wrote:
Dwaring wrote:Yes bluemoomtv reported Nacho had visa issues. Can someone explain this to me? Is it due to being from an African nation? Is destination country that usually poses the issue? If so if there a chance he would play in Germany and not China, or visa versa?

China is a pain in the arse to get a visa, especially if you're not from a "top-tier" country. And like other communist countries, they take up an entire page in your passport

Do you consider the UK a 'communist country'?

On the visa issue, when Bosnia & Herzegovina played Wales in a friendly in August 2012, 3 or 4 players only arrived in the UK on the morning of the game due to visa issues, having missed pre-match training and everything.

Umm, no?

When I go to the UK for a short visit, I get a small stamp in my passport. When I go to China, Vietnam, or Russia for a short visit, I get a big full page sticker. Don't know how it works for you Balkans, but one takes up a lot more space than the other...
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby bigblue » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:32 pm

To keep up on the fixtures, best option for me is to just add it to your calendar:

webcal://www.skysports.com/calendars/fo ... live=false

It gets updated automatically, kickoff times adjust to your current timezone, and you can set your calendar to give you notifications the day (or a few hours) before. Bonus is that I can set my work calendar to busy for any City games so no meetings will be scheduled then :)
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum