Bayern, Utd, Dortmund, Arsenal friendlies

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Bayern, Utd, Dortmund, Arsenal friendlies

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:35 am

john@staustell wrote:45,000 tickets sold so far for tomorrow

http://www.manchestercity.vitalfootball ... p?a=568723

record attendance for a reserve fixture?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:22 am

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... --11633572?

The squad is subject to alterations due to visa issues, but as it stands this is the party which will face United in Beijing next week.

City squad: Hart, Caballero, Gunn, O'Brien, Kompany, Zabaleta, Fernando, Sterling, Nasri, Nolito, Aguero, Kolarov, Bony, Navas, Delph, Silva, Clichy, Fernandinho, Denayer, Otamendi, Zuculini, Toure, Maffeo, Adarabioyo, Celina, Horsfield, Barker, Bytyqi, Angelino, A. Garcia, M. Garcia, Humphrey
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:38 am

john@staustell wrote:http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-city-tour-squad-fixtures--11633572?

The squad is subject to alterations due to visa issues, but as it stands this is the party which will face United in Beijing next week.

City squad: Hart, Caballero, Gunn, O'Brien, Kompany, Zabaleta, Fernando, Sterling, Nasri, Nolito, Aguero, Kolarov, Bony, Navas, Delph, Silva, Clichy, Fernandinho, Denayer, Otamendi, Zuculini, Toure, Maffeo, Adarabioyo, Celina, Horsfield, Barker, Bytyqi, Angelino, A. Garcia, M. Garcia, Humphrey

potential visa issues?
who was in charge of planning this tour? the ticket office?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:53 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
john@staustell wrote:http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-city-tour-squad-fixtures--11633572?

potential visa issues?

Bernie Halford. He's 127 so go easy.

Actually it's not a bad squad, better than the usual summer effort. Just Sagna missing? Plus injured Gundogan
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Dub City » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:27 pm

Surprised Lawlor isn't in there ahead of O'Brien, can only think he is set for a move be it loan or sell.
Dub City
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby JamieMCFC » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:48 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

potential visa issues?

Actually it's not a bad squad, better than the usual summer effort. Just Sagna missing? Plus injured Gundogan

Nacho is also missing.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:00 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

potential visa issues?

Nacho is also missing.

maybe he has the visa issue?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Dwaring » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:05 pm

Yes bluemoomtv reported Nacho had visa issues. Can someone explain this to me? Is it due to being from an African nation? Is destination country that usually poses the issue? If so if there a chance he would play in Germany and not China, or visa versa?
Dwaring
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Yaya toure

Postby bigblue » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:27 pm

Dwaring wrote:Yes bluemoomtv reported Nacho had visa issues. Can someone explain this to me? Is it due to being from an African nation? Is destination country that usually poses the issue? If so if there a chance he would play in Germany and not China, or visa versa?

China is a pain in the arse to get a visa, especially if you're not from a "top-tier" country. And like other communist countries, they take up an entire page in your passport
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:32 pm

Dwaring wrote:Yes bluemoomtv reported Nacho had visa issues. Can someone explain this to me? Is it due to being from an African nation? Is destination country that usually poses the issue? If so if there a chance he would play in Germany and not China, or visa versa?

Too many bloody e-mails mate:

http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/ih ... a-hitches/?

Super Eagles forward Kelechi Iheanacho was not part of the Manchester City squad that travelled to China earlier on Tuesday on a pre-season tour, Completesportsnigeria.com reports.

Pep Guardiola named a 32-man travelling party for the tour to Germany and China but left out Iheanacho who had visa issues entering China.

Iheanacho who was blocked from featuring for Nigeria at the Rio Olympics could still make the squad to China for the games against Manchester United and Borussia Dortmund in Beijing and Shenzhen if his application is granted.

The 19-year-old who scored 12 goals in all competitions last term is expected to be given the chance to establish himself in the team and the tour was going to be his chance to make an impression on City’s new manager.

Read more at http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/ih ... Cj3O4VI.99
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:47 pm

john@staustell wrote:

Super Eagles forward Kelechi Iheanacho was not part of the Manchester City squad that travelled to China earlier on Tuesday on a pre-season tour, Completesportsnigeria.com reports.

Pep Guardiola named a 32-man travelling party for the tour to Germany and China but left out Iheanacho who had visa issues entering China.

Iheanacho who was blocked from featuring for Nigeria at the Rio Olympics could still make the squad to China for the games against Manchester United and Borussia Dortmund in Beijing and Shenzhen if his application is granted.

The 19-year-old who scored 12 goals in all competitions last term is expected to be given the chance to establish himself in the team and the tour was going to be his chance to make an impression on City’s new manager.

Seems very odd that he's also been stopped from going to Rio. Either he has some very unusual complications or surely the rest of the Nigeria team would have had the same issues. Wonder if this is part of the issue which delayed his arrival in Manchester
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:54 pm

Hopefuly he wasn't sending the e-mails. But when you look at this, they may need months notice:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_requ ... n_citizens
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:56 pm

john@staustell wrote:Hopefuly he wasn't sending the e-mails. But when you look at this, they may need months notice:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_requ ... n_citizens

Surely CMC can pull a few strings.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby mr_nool » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:29 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

Seems very odd that he's also been stopped from going to Rio. Either he has some very unusual complications or surely the rest of the Nigeria team would have had the same issues. Wonder if this is part of the issue which delayed his arrival in Manchester

I think he was blocked by City, so that he could have a full pre-season with the first team. I.E. not blocked by Brazilian visa regulations.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:30 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

I think he was blocked by City, so that he could have a full pre-season with the first team. I.E. not blocked by Brazilian visa regulations.

That's how I read it too. Although blocked is a harsh assumption but not surprising.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby JamieMCFC » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:41 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

That's how I read it too. Although blocked is a harsh assumption but not surprising.

A lot of clubs aren't releasing their players for the Olympics. Half the Argentina squad wasn't released.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby mr_nool » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:51 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

A lot of clubs aren't releasing their players for the Olympics. Half the Argentina squad wasn't released.

Sweden's Olympic team has had 52 players either not getting permission from their clubs or saying no themselves. We're sending our third or forth string players rather than first or second. Too bad, since the team that won the U 21 euros showed that Swedish youth football is in a really good place at the moment.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:28 pm

Fixtures dates, times and TV channels updated on the fixtures list
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby dazby » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:15 pm

That's a shame. The Lympics have been a happy hunting ground for us scouting players.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Swales4ever » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:30 pm

gillie wrote:Are any tv stations showing it live?

Edit - WW added other games

Spoiler: Show/Hide
Spoilbox

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum