Bayern, Utd, Dortmund, Arsenal friendlies

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Bayern, Utd, Dortmund, Arsenal friendlies

Postby Mase » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:25 am

Had a dream last night we lost about 8-1
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby nottsblue » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:36 am

Mase wrote:Had a dream last night we lost about 8-1

Did Rashford get the fifth?
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:38 am

nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:Had a dream last night we lost about 8-1

Did Rashford get the fifth?

No, unfortunately that was real mate. It happened at the Etihad last season. Beckham even watched the match through the back window of a City fans house, obviously in Stockport. Pretty sure Sky will mention it at some point leading up to the new season..
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Dameerto » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:55 am

Match called off (vs RAGs) according to 'BBC Sport breaking news'
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Justified logic » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:57 am

freshie wrote:According to the OS today's game is only being shown on mutv. Bollox

Just had a look and couldn't see anything about the game being shown live, not even this news that it is on MUTV, so thanks for answering the question I was going to ask here.

There's still a lot of confusion as to when this game will be be on! The OS is saying 19:30 CST and has a clock which, at 07:45 BST, is showing 17hr 45mins to kick off - that is 01:30 BST tomorrow morning... As China is hours AHEAD of the UK that means the kickoff has been delayed until tomorrow Chinese time, no? No. Maybe the clock is counting down until it is 19:30 on Monday in Kansas? It's all very confusing.

Anyway, it's currently 30 degrees and overcast in Beijing just before 3pm - http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/china/beijing
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Dameerto » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:59 am

Justified logic wrote:
freshie wrote:According to the OS today's game is only being shown on mutv. Bollox

Just had a look and couldn't see anything about the game being shown live, not even this news that it is on MUTV, so thanks for answering the question I was going to ask here.

There's still a lot of confusion as to when this game will be be on! The OS is saying 19:30 CST and has a clock which, at 07:45 BST, is showing 17hr 45mins to kick off - that is 01:30 BST tomorrow morning... As China is hours AHEAD of the UK that means the kickoff has been delayed until tomorrow Chinese time, no? No. Maybe the clock is counting down until it is 19:30 on Monday in Kansas? It's all very confusing.

Anyway, it's currently 30 degrees and overcast in Beijing just before 3pm - http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/china/beijing

It's been called off - I posted while you were typing this.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:11 am

Justified logic wrote:

Be careful not to confuse the CST between central standard time and China standard time. The kick off was 12.30 midday a but is now called off because of weather concerns. According to breaking news.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:20 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

Be careful not to confuse the CST between central standard time and China standard time. The kick off was 12.30 midday a but is now called off because of weather concerns. According to breaking news.

called off because the pitch was a joke
amazed that common sense has prevailed
our preseason preparation is cracking!
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:23 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

called off because the pitch was a joke
amazed that common sense has prevailed
our preseason preparation is cracking!

Still time to fit in Mansfield. Danny Mills has booked it in.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Justified logic » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:27 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

Thank you, I've seen the cancellation notice now. http://www.mancity.com/news/first-team/ ... 9428457403

(I'm not at all confused about CST - the quip about Kansas was a joke about servers being in the USA! - something I know all about from my time working with developers in the US (who could never remember what the time was in the UK) and trying to get our intranet to show the correct UK time for events!)
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Blue Since 76 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:39 am

Glad it's called off, as I couldn't see any positives in it for us. If the rags had won, it would have proved they were going to win the quadruple, after being granted our CL place. If we'd won, it would be because the rags are still getting players back after the Euros and they're still missing Pogba as he was in the final.

And Aguero would have wrecked his knee and his fall would have broken de Bruyne's leg.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:56 am

Blue Since 76 wrote:Glad it's called off, as I couldn't see any positives in it for us. If the rags had won, it would have proved they were going to win the quadruple, after being granted our CL place. If we'd won, it would be because the rags are still getting players back after the Euros and they're still missing Pogba as he was in the final.

And Aguero would have wrecked his knee and his fall would have broken de Bruyne's leg.

No positives for anybody tbh.

Back to America next year, no floods, no heat , no............................ Oops hang on a minute.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:31 am

Just a gut feeling the Special 1 will be the happier, another Arse kicking avoided.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby blues2win » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:51 am

This is the state of the Birds Nest pitch. Good job the match was cancelled. Shocking.

https://twitter.com/hirstclass/status/7 ... 0442245120
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby sheblue » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:22 am

Not too bothered about it being off, other than the affect on our pre-season preparations which will be upset a bit. The weather over there has been bad but that pitch looks terrible, who laid that the smurfs! Surely they could have better prepared for it. They knew it was happening for a long time.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:31 am

sheblue wrote:Not too bothered about it being off, other than the affect on our pre-season preparations which will be upset a bit. The weather over there has been bad but that pitch looks terrible, who laid that the smurfs! Surely they could have better prepared for it. They knew it was happening for a long time.

made in fucking china
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:34 am

Definitely a bit of a shambles all round for Scum and Mr Grumpy, whereas our charm offensive contnues:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... o-11658906?
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby City64 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:13 pm

Danny Mills has just said we aren't good enough to play on that pitch anyway ........
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby phips » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:34 pm

glad its off. are they going to try and reschedule?
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby bigblue » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:38 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:Glad it's called off, as I couldn't see any positives in it for us. If the rags had won, it would have proved they were going to win the quadruple, after being granted our CL place. If we'd won, it would be because the rags are still getting players back after the Euros and they're still missing Pogba as he was in the final.

100% agree. One of the dumbest ideas imaginable to schedule a derby as preseason friendly.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum