New City site.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

New City site.

Postby Lee_R » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:34 pm

Thought I saw a post on here regarding the new www.mancity.com site but cant find it. Anyway, I think is absolutely crap. sick of the sight of it! Why break something that wasnt broken!! :(
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David White

Re: New City site.

Postby mr_nool » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:19 pm

Lee_R wrote:Thought I saw a post on here regarding the new http://www.mancity.com site but cant find it. Anyway, I think is absolutely crap. sick of the sight of it! Why break something that wasnt broken!! :(

It's slow as fuck.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby bigblue » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:38 pm

Playing videos is a pain in the arse compare to before. Strange that they'd change it to something so terrible after winning awards for the last one. Did an intern make it on Wix?
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:45 pm

Lee_R wrote:Thought I saw a post on here regarding the new http://www.mancity.com site but cant find it. Anyway, I think is absolutely crap. sick of the sight of it! Why break something that wasnt broken!! :(

Agreed
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby harveytravis » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:30 pm

What an appalling sprawling puerile mess!! Looks like it was designed in pre school for people who like lots of flashing colours and shapes all at once. Please bring the old site back. This makes us look silly and childish. The other one had class.
harveytravis
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Lee_R » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:25 am

Bloody awful. Its like it was designed purely for Twitter geeks. Loved the old site.

I'm fine with puters and evverything but its making me feel old and out of touch.
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: David White

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:48 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

Agreed

Aye, it has gone backwards.

The fixtures site is worst, it takes AGES to download the full season. and personally I'd just like to see the list of the fixtures instead of all this "cool" shite they've filled the screens with.

But I guess I'll get used to it once they fix the performance issues
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:50 am

Moonchesteri wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

Agreed

Aye, it has gone backwards.

The fixtures site is worst, it takes AGES to download the full season. and personally I'd just like to see the list of the fixtures instead of all this "cool" shite they've filled the screens with.

But I guess I'll get used to it once they fix the performance issues

Just use this one it's much better

http://mancityfans.net/fixtures/2016-17-fixtures/
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:06 am

I hate it.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:43 pm

I don't think I've visited the OS more than once or twice in its last iteration. Personally I thought that was incredibly wank too, so I find it hard to believe that this change can possibly have made it much worse. I quite like the fact that navigation is easy, and when you click on a link, you get what you were looking for intuitively, wheras previously I found the old site next to impossible to navigate for a newcomer.

However, on a more serious note, I just had a look through the fixture list, which I think is ok - albeit a slow to load if you want to have a look at our run in. What I did notice though, is that it's saying every home game is "available to buy now to Cityzens members", is this right, or a lie to sell more memberships?

Also interesting to see Patrick Roberts listed on the first team page
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby JamieMCFC » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:02 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:The fixtures site is worst, it takes AGES to download the full season. and personally I'd just like to see the list of the fixtures instead of all this "cool" shite they've filled the screens with.

The only slow part was scrolling down. But the matches loaded instantly. Either they've fixed the performance issue or some of you have really slow internet speeds.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:14 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:The fixtures site is worst, it takes AGES to download the full season. and personally I'd just like to see the list of the fixtures instead of all this "cool" shite they've filled the screens with.

The only slow part was scrolling down. But the matches loaded instantly. Either they've fixed the performance issue or some of you have really slow internet speeds.

Semantics really, having to scroll down and wait half a second approximately 20 times to get to the end of the fixtures is a pain in the arse whether you call it loading or scrolling - the point is that all fixtures aren't loaded up at the start.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Spurge » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:05 pm

Pish
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:03 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:
JamieMCFC wrote:

Semantics really, having to scroll down and wait half a second approximately 20 times to get to the end of the fixtures is a pain in the arse whether you call it loading or scrolling - the point is that all fixtures aren't loaded up at the start.

Exactly.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Justified logic » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:20 am

Totally agree about the new site being shite. What's more the contact email address doesn't work!
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:46 am

Justified logic wrote:Totally agree about the new site being shite. What's more the contact email address doesn't work!

Still not work? What utter shite it is.

I did find a feedback form which attracted a reply the very next day. They also sent my e-mail confirmation of ticket purchase which did not happen automatically. Twice as it happens.

Try and use that one.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Justified logic » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:49 pm

mancity@mancity.com got returned failed three times on Tuesday evening. I also tried info@mancity.com, help@mancity.com (these being common catchall mailboxes) and even info@mcfc.co.uk and help@mcfc.co.uk. All failed. In the end I filled in the contact form for hospitality visits but asked them not to respond until the website was usable. It is difficult to use with my laptop and totally unusable with my iPad mini.

Why couldn't they have redesigned it properly?! The BBC have shite content but at least their website works very well. Mancity.com seems to have been designed by yoofs using all the latest whizzy fashion gizmo ideas. Or by a rag.

Also... the shop is now pricing goods in US$ as default. What do y'all think of that? When I pointed this out (the shop's email address does work) I was told that I could change the currency from the top of the page. However, as I subsequently told them, the goods are still priced in US$, just converted to sterling. This was before the Brexit vote and the fall in sterling so the Leave win has effectively put up the cost of the shop goods, at least temporarily! They replied again saying tell them what I wanted and they'd process the order for me, d'oh! Personally I think it a) very sad that an English club is pricing goods in US$ and b) incredibly lazy or incompetent that they can't use my IP address to determine where I'm likely to be, and give me the sterling price as default.
Justified logic

Postby CTID Hants » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:04 pm

Justified logic wrote:
Also... the shop is now pricing goods in US$ as default. .

Pricing for me is in £GBP on my Android phone, Laptop & iPad........ You aren't using a VPN are you?
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:14 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
Justified logic wrote:
Also... the shop is now pricing goods in US$ as default. .

Pricing for me is in £GBP on my Android phone, Laptop & iPad........ You aren't using a VPN are you?

it is for me as well
some people just like to complain for complaining's sake
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Justified logic » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:18 pm

No, nothing fancy, just a straight interweb connection. I think my IP address places me somewhere in Yorkshire, but that is the provider, Plusnet.

I've logged back in and it is showing in £s again now after changing it to £s earlier today. Same computer as a couple of weeks or so ago when I last changed it to £s, so somehow in the meantime it has reset back to the default $s.

Short sleeve home shirt now £62.37(!)
Justified logic

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum