RIP Our Indomitable Lion

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

RIP Our Indomitable Lion

Postby Slim » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:25 pm

13 years ago today, never forgotten.

Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Re: RIP Our Indomitable Lion

Postby HailNerdQueen » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:36 pm

From before I was an active blue, I've never seen him play
but RIP our fallen boy :(
HailNerdQueen
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Sergio Agüero

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:47 pm

Still like yesterday, had the day off and picked it up accidentally on Euro Sport.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby nottsblue » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:52 pm

Rip big fella. Always be remembered for scoring the last city goal at Maine Road
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby ruralblue » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:13 pm

Rip MVF
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:53 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Still like yesterday, had the day off and picked it up accidentally on Euro Sport.

Yeah same here - I know I probably bang on about this every year, but I'll never forget or forgive The Sun for the photo splashed on the front page the day after of him lying on the stretcher facing the camera tongue out, clearly brown bread. There was no need for it, but I suppose I shouldn't have expected anything different!

He wasn't the most gifted player we ever saw, but certainly one of the best I saw during that period at City and had the potential to stick around and have a strong career for us. Some of his performances were magical (thinking Newcastle at home when he ran the show)

RIP big man
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby gillie » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:13 am

RIP Marc.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Mase » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:15 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Still like yesterday, had the day off and picked it up accidentally on Euro Sport.

Yeah same here - I know I probably bang on about this every year, but I'll never forget or forgive The Sun for the photo splashed on the front page the day after of him lying on the stretcher facing the camera tongue out, clearly brown bread. There was no need for it, but I suppose I shouldn't have expected anything different!

He wasn't the most gifted player we ever saw, but certainly one of the best I saw during that period at City and had the potential to stick around and have a strong career for us. Some of his performances were magical (thinking Newcastle at home when he ran the show)

RIP big man

Said everything I was going to say.

RIP
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Swales4ever » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:47 pm

loved Marc Vivien.

still have to make my mind on how that kind of accidents can happen, in hyper-professional, mega rich sports like football, moreso in a country of UK level of medical knowledge. perhaps it's just me that hate the word fate.

RIP

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Mase » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:28 pm

Swales4ever wrote:loved Marc Vivien.

still have to make my mind on how that kind of accidents can happen, in hyper-professional, mega rich sports like football, moreso in a country of UK level of medical knowledge. perhaps it's just me that hate the word fate.

RIP

It happened whilst he was playing for Cameroon, not in the UK?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Swales4ever » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:52 pm

Mase wrote:

RIP

if bad memory serves, he died in Lyon while playing some international tournament and I seems to remermer his wife said he cared much to just play in lyon, despite having had a troubled sick night.
point was that if I have to submit a cardio clearance to just enter a stupid fitness gymnasium, just to play some fitness, WHY on hell a pro footballer is not diagnosed a genetic cardiopathy in advance? I remember Kanu was, in Italy, while at Inter milan

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Mase » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:32 pm

Swales4ever wrote:
Mase wrote:

RIP

if bad memory serves, he died in Lyon while playing some international tournament and I seems to remermer his wife said he cared much to just play in lyon, despite having had a troubled sick night.
point was that if I have to submit a cardio clearance to just enter a stupid fitness gymnasium, just to play some fitness, WHY on hell a pro footballer is not diagnosed a genetic cardiopathy in advance? I remember Kanu was, in Italy, while at Inter milan

Think it's been happening for years mate.
Didn't Asa Hartford have a hole in his heart? I'm sure I remember my dad telling me that as a kid.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby gillie » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:54 pm

Mase wrote:
Swales4ever wrote:
Mase wrote:

RIP

Think it's been happening for years mate.
Didn't Asa Hartford have a hole in his heart? I'm sure I remember my dad telling me that as a kid.

Yes he did mate.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Return to The Maine Football forum