Bales v Norn Iron

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Bales v Norn Iron

Postby Spurge » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:04 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Thought Wales have been absolutely shit and not deserved anything. Just shows how shit the quality is in the Euros.

I think that's a bit harsh. Some credit to NI I think is due they did their home work tactically and played to their strengths offensively. Bale's delivery was impeccable for the goal. Macaulay had no option he has to intercept as its a tap in otherwise but having got on the end of it there is little chance of being able to steer it to safety.
As for the euros as a spectacle I've enjoyed it though I'm as interested in the defensive side of the game as I am the offensive side. Also good that there is no stand out team, I've enjoyed Croatia more than any other team so far hope they put trannys team to the sword tonight that's a game I do see goals in.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby bigblue » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:09 pm

Very harsh on Wales. They have exactly what England is lacking: a strong captain, great team effort, and a genuine world class player to win games.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:10 pm

Spurge wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Thought Wales have been absolutely shit and not deserved anything. Just shows how shit the quality is in the Euros.

I think that's a bit harsh. Some credit to NI I think is due they did their home work tactically and played to their strengths offensively. Bale's delivery was impeccable for the goal. Macaulay had no option he has to intercept as its a tap in otherwise but having got on the end of it there is little chance of being able to steer it to safety.
As for the euros as a spectacle I've enjoyed it though I'm as interested in the defensive side of the game as I am the offensive side. Also good that there is no stand out team, I've enjoyed Croatia more than any other team so far hope they put trannys team to the sword tonight that's a game I do see goals in.

I didn't say I haven't enjoyed it, just that the quality so far has been far below what we usually see. This maybe due to the extended entry criteria.

Any team that beat Tranny are always welcome in my book.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby patrickblue » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:02 pm

bigblue wrote:Very harsh on Wales. They have exactly what England is lacking: a strong captain, great team effort, and a genuine world class player to win games.

What, Wiggy not world class? Shame on you.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum