Brexit

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Brexit

Postby Slim » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:31 am

zuricity wrote:"http://m.imgur.com/gallery/qu9DGm9"

Here to help zuri, more cooperation than we can expect between the UK and the EU now.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby MilnersJaw » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:15 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:I just dont know what all the fuss is about....put some bob marley on and it will all go away.

you've got really short legs. Are you Tevez/
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Postby zuricity » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:28 am

Slim wrote:

Here to help zuri, more cooperation than we can expect between the UK and the EU now.

Thanks,but we in CH don't need the EU. They need us( to pay all their bills ha ha ! )
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Cocacolajojo » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:17 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:On a personal basis Im happy as a patriot that we will no longer have these cunts in Europe telling us what we can and cannot do.......when I said Germany have more power than us I meant it...maybe not on paper, but I believe privately these cunts treated the UK with contempt , and I also believe they were and still are power crazy....they all clubbed together against the UK when it came to concessions........its all about power with them.

When Germany entered the Euro the sacrificed their D-mark and made a pledge for a stronger Europe at the cost of a German economy dominating the rest of Europe. Since the recession they've pumped billions into different polities of southern Europe to keep the Euro afloat, money they're not likely to get back. If the German secretely have a club that aims for Germany to dominate the rest of Europe they sure chose a strange and indirect path to it. The irony is, now that the UK leaves the EU, Germany will have even more of a say about the EU's agenda as the strong voice of the UK will no longer be there. To whose benefit it will be though only time will tell. It's your choice and good luck and all that.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby john@staustell » Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:09 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:On a personal basis Im happy as a patriot that we will no longer have these cunts in Europe telling us what we can and cannot do.......when I said Germany have more power than us I meant it...maybe not on paper, but I believe privately these cunts treated the UK with contempt , and I also believe they were and still are power crazy....they all clubbed together against the UK when it came to concessions........its all about power with them.

When Germany entered the Euro the sacrificed their D-mark and made a pledge for a stronger Europe at the cost of a German economy dominating the rest of Europe. Since the recession they've pumped billions into different polities of southern Europe to keep the Euro afloat, money they're not likely to get back. If the German secretely have a club that aims for Germany to dominate the rest of Europe they sure chose a strange and indirect path to it. The irony is, now that the UK leaves the EU, Germany will have even more of a say about the EU's agenda as the strong voice of the UK will no longer be there. To whose benefit it will be though only time will tell. It's your choice and good luck and all that.

What other motivation would Germany have to chuck away billions? Pure altruism maybe?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby PeterParker » Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:21 pm

MilnersJaw wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:I just dont know what all the fuss is about....put some bob marley on and it will all go away.

you've got really short legs. Are you Tevez/

Of course he is tevez

CARLos Tevez. Simple as day.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby patrickblue » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:06 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:

I don't think that buying their way to domination is at all strange. And I don't think it's a secret that they believe that they are best equipped to run Europe.
Not that I think it's a bad thing, and I personally think that leaving is a huge mistake we'll live to regret.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:53 pm

A Prime Minister resigned. The £ plummeted. The FTSE 100 lost significant ground. But then the £ rallied past February levels, and the FTSE closed on a weekly high: 2.4% up on last Friday, its best performance in 4 months. President Obama decided we wouldn't be at the 'back of the queue' after all and that our 'special relationship' was still strong. The French President confirmed the Le Touquet agreement would stay in place. The President of the European Commission stated Brexit negations would be 'orderly' and stressed the UK would continue to be a 'close partner' of the EU. A big bank denied reports it would shift 2,000 staff overseas. The CBI, vehemently anti-Brexit during the referendum campaign, stated British business was resilient and would adapt. Several countries outside the EU stated they wished to begin bi-lateral trade talks with the UK immediately. If this was the predicted apocalypse, well, it was a very British one. It was all over by teatime.

Not a bad first day of freedom.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Cocacolajojo » Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:03 pm

john@staustell wrote:What other motivation would Germany have to chuck away billions? Pure altruism maybe?

Of course not, they're trying to save their own skins because like it or not, they're in the Euro mess with the rest of the countries. But my point is that it would have been better for Germany to stay out of the Euro. Their currency was solid as a rock and they sacrificed it for a project that would make Germany less independent and tie the country's destiny to the much weaker economies of southern Europe AND, eventually, the unstable economies of eastern Europe. If they would have wanted to dominate Europe they would have said: good luck with the Euro, if it's a success we'll join eventually but if it's not we'll be standing strong while your economies plunge into recession. And of course the EURO-zone want to dominate world politics, it's cynical, but it's not a plan for Germany to dominate the rest of Europe. If anything, Germany had already accomplished that by the time the Euro was introduced. Like it or not. Bavaria was/is currently keeping the continental economy ticking, perhaps not single handedly but not far from it.

patrickblue wrote:I don't think that buying their way to domination is at all strange. And I don't think it's a secret that they believe that they are best equipped to run Europe. Not that I think it's a bad thing, and I personally think that leaving is a huge mistake we'll live to regret.

I think all countries strongly believe in their plan on how the EU should be run, not saying that is not the case. And of course Germany has clashed with the UK on a number of policies. That's politics. And I think it's legitimate to leave if one feels that one's country isn't getting much out of being in the EU, anything else would be absurd. I'm just disagreeing with the notion that the EU is Germany's secret plan to fuck the rest of Europe. The people in Germany who do want to fuck with Europe want to leave the EU too.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby HailNerdQueen » Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:10 pm

Don't really know much about what's going on here. I do know a ton of coastal Americans are losing their minds, in the Brexit wake Texas is considering leaving the U.S.A. again, and their northern border is <2 hours away.
If we have to go to war with Texas and I have to take up arms I'm going to become very upset...
HailNerdQueen
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Sergio Agüero

Postby zuricity » Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:10 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:A Prime Minister resigned. The £ plummeted. The FTSE 100 lost significant ground. But then the £ rallied past February levels, and the FTSE closed on a weekly high: 2.4% up on last Friday, its best performance in 4 months. President Obama decided we wouldn't be at the 'back of the queue' after all and that our 'special relationship' was still strong. The French President confirmed the Le Touquet agreement would stay in place. The President of the European Commission stated Brexit negations would be 'orderly' and stressed the UK would continue to be a 'close partner' of the EU. A big bank denied reports it would shift 2,000 staff overseas. The CBI, vehemently anti-Brexit during the referendum campaign, stated British business was resilient and would adapt. Several countries outside the EU stated they wished to begin bi-lateral trade talks with the UK immediately. If this was the predicted apocalypse, well, it was a very British one. It was all over by teatime.

Well i just sent some money back to the UK at 1.33 chf to the pound , thursday it was 1.44 to the pound.

Just in case Yaya does actually go ( he is still a city player ). Those two beers are so far looking good Carl.

What was it now start of the season or first PL game for two beers ? Either way , so far so good :-)
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:33 pm

zuricity wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:A Prime Minister resigned. The £ plummeted. The FTSE 100 lost significant ground. But then the £ rallied past February levels, and the FTSE closed on a weekly high: 2.4% up on last Friday, its best performance in 4 months. President Obama decided we wouldn't be at the 'back of the queue' after all and that our 'special relationship' was still strong. The French President confirmed the Le Touquet agreement would stay in place. The President of the European Commission stated Brexit negations would be 'orderly' and stressed the UK would continue to be a 'close partner' of the EU. A big bank denied reports it would shift 2,000 staff overseas. The CBI, vehemently anti-Brexit during the referendum campaign, stated British business was resilient and would adapt. Several countries outside the EU stated they wished to begin bi-lateral trade talks with the UK immediately. If this was the predicted apocalypse, well, it was a very British one. It was all over by teatime.

Well i just sent some money back to the UK at 1.33 chf to the pound , thursday it was 1.44 to the pound.

Just in case Yaya does actually go ( he is still a city player ). Those two beers are so far looking good Carl.

What was it now start of the season or first PL game for two beers ? Either way , so far so good :-)

My round mate !
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:36 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:My round mate !

Most generous of you. I’ll have a pint of the guest ale and a bag of pork scratchings, please.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby zuricity » Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:43 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:

Most generous of you. I’ll have a pint of the guest ale and a bag of pork scratchings, please.

Are you really from Wolverhampton ?
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat Jun 25, 2016 3:45 pm

zuricity wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

LOL, no mate.

I hope you aren't in Saint Etienne chucking stuff at the Poland players.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby zuricity » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:06 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

LOL, no mate.

I hope you aren't in Saint Etienne chucking stuff at the Poland players.

nah , just gatecrashed the neighbours party ( in the pissing rain) snook a beer and told them Arsenal just bought that w*nker Xhaka and left for the nord iron whales event.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby patrickblue » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:10 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:
john@staustell wrote:What other motivation would Germany have to chuck away billions? Pure altruism maybe?

Of course not, they're trying to save their own skins because like it or not, they're in the Euro mess with the rest of the countries. But my point is that it would have been better for Germany to stay out of the Euro. Their currency was solid as a rock and they sacrificed it for a project that would make Germany less independent and tie the country's destiny to the much weaker economies of southern Europe AND, eventually, the unstable economies of eastern Europe. If they would have wanted to dominate Europe they would have said: good luck with the Euro, if it's a success we'll join eventually but if it's not we'll be standing strong while your economies plunge into recession. And of course the EURO-zone want to dominate world politics, it's cynical, but it's not a plan for Germany to dominate the rest of Europe. If anything, Germany had already accomplished that by the time the Euro was introduced. Like it or not. Bavaria was/is currently keeping the continental economy ticking, perhaps not single handedly but not far from it.

patrickblue wrote:I don't think that buying their way to domination is at all strange. And I don't think it's a secret that they believe that they are best equipped to run Europe. Not that I think it's a bad thing, and I personally think that leaving is a huge mistake we'll live to regret.

I think all countries strongly believe in their plan on how the EU should be run, not saying that is not the case. And of course Germany has clashed with the UK on a number of policies. That's politics. And I think it's legitimate to leave if one feels that one's country isn't getting much out of being in the EU, anything else would be absurd. I'm just disagreeing with the notion that the EU is Germany's secret plan to fuck the rest of Europe. The people in Germany who do want to fuck with Europe want to leave the EU too.

Don't know about Carl, but I don't think that Germany want to fuck the rest of Europe, they just think they're best equipped to run it.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Cocacolajojo » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:15 pm

patrickblue wrote:Don't know about Carl, but I don't think that Germany want to fuck the rest of Europe, they just think they're best equipped to run it.

Yeah, I think we're in agreement about that. Me and you that is. I think Sweden also thinks they're the best equipped to run Europe. I think it's the blonde hair that makes us arrogant.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Slim » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:32 pm

zuricity wrote:
Slim wrote:

Thanks,but we in CH don't need the EU. They need us( to pay all their bills ha ha ! )

Well if you're not going to use the Nazi gold for something, what good is it really?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:39 pm

Slim wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Slim wrote:

Well if you're not going to use the Nazi gold for something, what good is it really?

You do know that the Americans knicked it all and stored it in Fort knox ? From Kronberg im Taunus , home of the Herzogin von Hessen ?
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum