Weiss scores against Russia

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Weiss scores against Russia

Postby KippaxBlue » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:54 pm

Weiss scores a great goal against Russia. His first game for City was at the end of season 2008-9 against Bolton -pics here
http://www.rtfract.com/citmay09a.htm
His first goal was against Arsenal pics here
http://www.rtfract.com/citdec09.htm
KippaxBlue
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Re: Weiss scores against Russia

Postby Crossie » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:12 am

He's a stupid cunt in my opinion.

Now nicknamed Wei$$

Ended up in Qatar at the age of 26? How the fuck>? What a waste, he should be a key player in a decent Champs league team.

I remember when Hughes wanted all the youth team to be ball boys, against Hamburg I think it was and Weiss was slagging the situation off on Twitter saying basically it was beneath him. You do what your boss tells you son.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Mase » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:28 am

Crossie wrote:He's a stupid cunt in my opinion.

Now nicknamed Wei$$

Ended up in Qatar at the age of 26? How the fuck>? What a waste, he should be a key player in a decent Champs league team.

I remember when Hughes wanted all the youth team to be ball boys, against Hamburg I think it was and Weiss was slagging the situation off on Twitter saying basically it was beneath him. You do what your boss tells you son.

He's a limited footballer that was probably offered a shit load to go to Qatar. Why would he say no?

Footballers are human at the end of the day. If you were offered a shit load to move jobs would you say no?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby bigblue » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:51 pm

Mase wrote:

Now nicknamed Wei$$

He's a limited footballer that was probably offered a shit load to go to Qatar. Why would he say no?

Footballers are human at the end of the day. If you were offered a shit load to move jobs would you say no?

Completely understand his decision to cash in. He was playing for an average Greek team, and was only going to be a starter for a good team in a 2nd tier country league or a mid-table team in a top league at best.

Personally, I'd be choose 20,000/wk and living in a nicer European country over 80,000/wk and having to live in an overpriced desert, but that's just me.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Cocacolajojo » Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:08 pm

bigblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

Now nicknamed Wei$$

Completely understand his decision to cash in. He was playing for an average Greek team, and was only going to be a starter for a good team in a 2nd tier country league or a mid-table team in a top league at best.

Personally, I'd be choose 20,000/wk and living in a nicer European country over 80,000/wk and having to live in an overpriced desert, but that's just me.

At the same time though, live in the desert for a few years and you never have to work again.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby bigblue » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:40 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:
At the same time though, live in the desert for a few years and you never have to work again.

Make 500,000 a year for a few years and you should never have to work again if you're smart and don't have expensive habits. Especially if you're from Slovakia.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Cocacolajojo » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:52 am

bigblue wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:

Make 500,000 a year for a few years and you should never have to work again if you're smart and don't have expensive habits. Especially if you're from Slovakia.

I don't really know what we're discussing here. Seems like an arbitrary choice to make either way. I hope he doesn't waste the money he makes.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby Mase » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:17 am

I'd imagine with the money he'll make in Qatar he could probably retire at 30 and live very comfortably back in a country like Greece. I'd take that no questions.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Return to The Maine Football forum