Russia / Putin / Thugs / World Cup

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Russia / Putin / Thugs / World Cup

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:56 am

CTID Hants wrote:
Bianchi on Ice wrote:Ive read that the next euros is going to be spread over a dozen european cities.... is this still happening?.

Yes you are correct. this is how its going to pan out.......

Final and semi-finals: London (England)

Quarter-finals and group stage: Munich (Germany), Baku (Azerbaijan), Saint Petersburg (Russia), Rome (Italy)

Round of 16 and group stage: Copenhagen (Denmark), Bucharest (Romania), Amsterdam (Netherlands), Dublin (Republic of Ireland), Bilbao (Spain), Budapest (Hungary), Brussels (Belgium), Glasgow (Scotland)

Talk about not making it fan friendly at the group stages!

will at least give the scots a chance to see some international competition football. even if they're own team aren't there.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:06 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:
Bianchi on Ice wrote:Ive read that the next euros is going to be spread over a dozen european cities.... is this still happening?.

Quarter-finals and group stage: Munich (Germany), Baku (Azerbaijan), Saint Petersburg (Russia), Rome (Italy)

Round of 16 and group stage: Copenhagen (Denmark), Bucharest (Romania), Amsterdam (Netherlands), Dublin (Republic of Ireland), Bilbao (Spain), Budapest (Hungary), Brussels (Belgium), Glasgow (Scotland)

will at least give the scots a chance to see some international competition football. even if they're own team aren't there.

Thanks for that CTIDH. Thats a fucking dogs dinner though...ah well...dublin or glasgow it is...or maybe budapest..supposed to be nice there
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby sheblue » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:54 am

Bianchi on Ice wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:

Thanks for that CTIDH. Thats a fucking dogs dinner though...ah well...dublin or glasgow it is...or maybe budapest..supposed to be nice there

Forgot they were doing that, what a logistical mess.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby BlueinBosnia » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:23 am

sheblue wrote:Forgot they were doing that, what a logistical mess.

To be honest, I can see the whole thing being cancelled. The only reason this happened was because no single country was willing to put in a serious bid, and it looked like multiple country bids would generally be three-country versions, meaning three automatic places being given away.

Ticketing will be a nightmare, and fans could theoretically have to find transport from Baku to a random city elsewhere in Europe at 72 hours' notice. If a team from a country that the UK requires visas for unexpectedly gets to the semis, there will be an administrative meltdown, too.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:48 am

BlueinBosnia wrote:

To be honest, I can see the whole thing being cancelled. The only reason this happened was because no single country was willing to put in a serious bid, and it looked like multiple country bids would generally be three-country versions, meaning three automatic places being given away.

Ticketing will be a nightmare, and fans could theoretically have to find transport from Baku to a random city elsewhere in Europe at 72 hours' notice. If a team from a country that the UK requires visas for unexpectedly gets to the semis, there will be an administrative meltdown, too.

I agree, its ridiculous. Italy are due a tournament surely they can find a few brown envelopes to swing it
Bianchi on Ice

Postby zuricity » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:38 pm

Bianchi on Ice wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:

I agree, its ridiculous. Italy are due a tournament surely they can find a few brown envelopes to swing it

That's a good shout, most Italian football grounds are empty these days.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby City64 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:48 pm

Slightly off topic ........ Russian athletes banned from Olympics next month confirmed tonight.
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:58 pm

City64 wrote:Slightly off topic ........ Russian athletes banned from Olympics next month confirmed tonight.

I think that is know as banged to rights. Zero defence your honour
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:18 am

City64 wrote:Slightly off topic ........ Russian athletes banned from Olympics next month confirmed tonight.

Good. They were a shoe-in for the synchronised thuggery gold medal
Bianchi on Ice

Postby Slim » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:39 am

Bianchi on Ice wrote:

Good. They were a shoe-in for the synchronised thuggery gold medal

And the Rhythmic Lead Piping.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum