Official Ireland vs Sweden

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Official Ireland vs Sweden

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:01 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:I've read some bollox on this thread. Half the English cricket team is full of South Africans who felt they wouldn't get a gig for their own country. Every country has stories like this. It's proper hypocritical to pick one country and attack them for it. The tone of some comments are pretty disrespectful and make me squirm a bit. My mum is Irish and, although I'm English, I would have chosen to play for Ireland if I had the ability to get to that level.

In fairness to Dimples, he's debated and stated his pint of view. He's used Ireland as an example because that's the thread that we're in. I'd prefer to stay on topic but at least he's not saying we are the only example. As for some other gobshites on here. They would infect any thread with the same shite.
Can't go into any thread without trying to decipher their bullshit.

Anyway back on thread. I would say we are technically the poorest team I've seen so far. If I was a neutral I would find us impossible to watch. But I'm not neutral, so I still support and hope for a break.
We are living very dangerously. The only one having a worse game is the ref who has been abysmal. Dembele needs to be sorted out by one of our midfield. He is having it all his own way.
Not very hopeful of a result here.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:06 pm

The ref has been awful. I don't think a draw is enough here given its Italy next. A draw here means a victory would almost certainly be needed against Italy.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:07 pm

Well there we go. Awful refereeing again costs Eire a peno and leads to a Belgian goal.
South Stand Balti

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:04 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:The ref has been awful. I don't think a draw is enough here given its Italy next. A draw here means a victory would almost certainly be needed against Italy.

He seemed to have a real problem with Long, almost every time he challenged for a ball he was penalised, only surprised Belgium didn't get a free for Long headbutting Alderweireld (?) in the foot before they broke and scored, come to think of it he was probably playing advantage.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:23 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:The ref has been awful. I don't think a draw is enough here given its Italy next. A draw here means a victory would almost certainly be needed against Italy.

He seemed to have a real problem with Long, almost every time he challenged for a ball he was penalised, only surprised Belgium didn't get a free for Long headbutting Alderweireld (?) in the foot before they broke and scored, come to think of it he was probably playing advantage.

That the decisive moment in the game. Belgium were better overall but it was 0-0 when the ref intervened
South Stand Balti

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:46 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

That the decisive moment in the game. Belgium were better overall but it was 0-0 when the ref intervened

The ref was terrible first half but we still didn't let them have an easy chance on goal.
McCarty and Whelan were culpable for poor decision making and defending for the first. McCarty again for the second and Clarke for headless tackle or lack of one on the halfway line for the third.
We are what we are and that is exactly what we saw this afternoon.
Naive. Technically poor and although we are honest and hard working we just don't
Have players that have the ability to maintain the levels of concentration required when you lack technical ability. Certainly not over the course of a tournament.
We still could get a good performance out of them against Italy, but it's hard to see us scoring against them.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Slim » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:59 pm

It was definitely a pen, I was screaming at the TV...lovely counter and goal, but never should have happened. Not saying Belgium weren't devastating in the 2nd and playing like that they might have won, but the MostlyIrish should have been 1-0 up.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum