Euro 2016: England v Russia

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Euro 2016: England v Russia

Postby branny » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:02 pm

That all stemmed from Wilshere's (who Tyldesley said was brought on because he can keep the ball) shit pass behind Milner.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby PrezIke » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:04 pm

PeterParker wrote:Judging on what happend in the end I think it is going to be a long night in Marseille.

Sam Cunningham ‏@samcunningham 12m12 minutes ago Marseille, France
Being told Russia fans have broken through French security in the Matebrussia end and are attacking English fans after equalising.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Dameerto » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:05 pm

PrezIke wrote:
PeterParker wrote:Judging on what happend in the end I think it is going to be a long night in Marseille.

Sam Cunningham ‏@samcunningham 12m12 minutes ago Marseille, France
Being told Russia fans have broken through French security in the Matebrussia end and are attacking English fans after equalising.

But, but, it's England with the hooligan problem, this can't be right surely?
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby PrezIke » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:05 pm

branny wrote:That all stemmed from Wilshere's (who Tyldesley said was brought on because he can keep the ball) shit pass behind Milner.

I didn't see him do much to help the team during his time on the pitch.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby zuricity » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:07 pm

Woy fcuked up taking Wooney off for Wiltshire.

Russia got lucky at the end , perhaps because it was so late we didn't get punished.

England had more than enough chances to get the victory sealed up before the russians scored.

It would also be silly to blame Joe Hart for the goal.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Dameerto » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:09 pm

zuricity wrote:Woy fcuked up taking Wooney off for Wiltshire.

Russia got lucky at the end , perhaps because it was so late we didn't get punished.

England had more than enough chances to get the victory sealed up before the russians scored.

I don't think anyone is blaming him for the goal, his brain fart was trying to wait for the ball to go out of play when he clearly didn't have time to do that - then almost being punished when the outfield Russian player proved to be better with his feet than England's goalkeeper.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby budfox » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:10 pm

I thought they played well overall and I'm more confident now about them progressing than I was before the game.

Didn't rate Kane or Sterling, liked a lot of things though.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Kev

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:14 pm

No need for nitpicking here..russia were streaks of piss poor, and england couldnt put them away. Its 50/50 v wales and even slovakia wont be easy at all as I think theyll take something off the russians. Its the same old story...average team, fragile team ethic, too high expectation. Not a healthy combination.
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Dameerto » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:18 pm

16 teams out of 24 qualify from the groups, which means the winners and runners up from each group plus the four best 3rd placed teams from a total of six groups. If England don't qualify then they have themselves (and Hodgson) to blame.
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Swales4ever » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:20 pm

You fucked up because Voy is a spastic-tard. period.

Aside the questinable, politically correct as usual, starting selection, You somehow manage to get the lead late enough in the game, You get in the best conter-attacking forward of the continent, enforce midfield and You win 3-0, comfotably.
What Kane, Sterling and Lallana have shown to remain in the game so long, is almost inexplicable,

Also, I wanna know who's the scientist which set the league top scorer at delivery on set pieces.

Agreed that blaming Joe for the goal is ludicrous.
Last edited by Swales4ever on Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby london blue 2 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:20 pm

branny wrote:That all stemmed from Wilshere's (who Tyldesley said was brought on because he can keep the ball) shit pass behind Milner.

Storming about like a headless chicken. Pretty sure his instruction would have been to simply maintain possession and kill the game off.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Dameerto » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:23 pm

Swales4ever wrote:

Aside the questinable, politically correct as usual, starting selection, You somehow manage to get the lead late enough in the game, You get in the best conter-attacking forward of the continent, enforce midfield and You win 3-0, comfotably.
What Kane, Sterling and Lallana have shown to remain in the game so long, is almost inexplicable,

Also, I wanna know who's the scientist which set the league top scorer at delivery on set pieces.

NO ONE IS BLAMING JOE FOR THE GOAL
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby zuricity » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:31 pm

Swales4ever wrote:

Come again ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Dameerto » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:37 pm

Once again, ITV news describing the violence as being between "England fans, some locals, and some Russians". Because it's only England that has a football hooligan problem. I'm getting sick of it, it's like I'm watching City at International level.
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:48 pm

You have fuck all to worry about.

You should have won and you didn't. Fuck me, but your lot don't half go bipolar when it comes to internationals
Original Dub

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:58 pm

Dameerto wrote:Once again, ITV news describing the violence as being between "England fans, some locals, and some Russians". Because it's only England that has a football hooligan problem. I'm getting sick of it, it's like I'm watching City at International level.

The tub thumping and xenophobia stops at rampaging football supporters, and the press know where their bread is buttered...theyve spent too long calling them scum without realising the irony that many of the twats who rampage around form their world views by the media and are blindly led by the media that eventually turns on them. I could say in a naive moment that our beloved press could pause for some introspection but its too good a chance for a sensational on-running story, and the facts will never get in the way of that.
Bianchi on Ice

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:06 pm

Original Dub wrote:You have fuck all to worry about.

You should have won and you didn't. Fuck me, but your lot don't half go bipolar when it comes to internationals

Dub, your not wrong.
Bianchi on Ice

Postby Saul Goodman » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:48 pm

Crazy Russians charged your lot in the stands after the final whistle trampling people and throwing shit. Savages.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Swales4ever » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:59 pm

zuricity wrote:
Swales4ever wrote:

Come again ?

Swales4ever wrote:

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:59 am

Original Dub wrote:You have fuck all to worry about.

Agree.
You fucked up....yes, but you will progress in this tournament.
There were some hit and miss performances but you were the better team by miles and Russia stole a draw.
Shit happens. You lot find it so hard to get behind your team. Don't explain why. I get it. I really do get it.
But sometimes I feel the reason for the pressures on England are all self inflicted and you are all part of the problem. Be part of the solution. Get behind the team. They are not that bad. Even the ones that play for teams you don't like.
I know I'm going to look at this text in the morning and think, fuck why did I write that. But that's what drinking a bottle of wine will do for you.
This could go two different ways for the team but at the moment I just can't see them as not getting out of the group. Get behind them as s nation.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum