Euro 2016: England v Russia

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Euro 2016: England v Russia

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:45 am

Worthy of its own thread?

Back in Europe and going to be watching all the games today, culminating in my sides game against Russia.

Not wanting to see Wiggy start but will have to grin and bear it but with Joe and Raheem in the squad at least I'll have something to shout about.

Anybody getting the beers and BBQ out!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: Euro 2016: England v Russia

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:52 am

Fully expect a drab stuttering performance and a draw. Fully expect rooney to play like a has been and get subbed. Fully expect hodgson to say he sees positives in the performance. Fully expect everyone else to repeat the things that were said in the run up to this game regarding the balance of the team...and fully expect hodgson to pick rooney again for the next one
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:55 am

Welcome back Beefy!

If I can keep to my original plans, I too hope to watch all 3 games which should involve burnt offerings subject to the great British weather!

Hopefully shrek will pick up a straight red in the 93rd minute when we are two or three goals to the good!

You been gone for a while, work I guess?
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:03 am

Bianchi on Ice wrote:Fully expect a drab stuttering performance and a draw. Fully expect rooney to play like a has been and get subbed. Fully expect hodgson to say he sees positives in the performance. Fully expect everyone else to repeat the things that were said in the run up to this game regarding the balance of the team...and fully expect hodgson to pick rooney again for the next one

And if it goes well, Wiggy breaks a hip, Woy doing cartwheels on the touchline and Raheen scores a hatrick, you won't be expecting that will you?

But will you be watching?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:06 am

CTID Hants wrote:Welcome back Beefy!

If I can keep to my original plans, I too hope to watch all 3 games which should involve burnt offerings subject to the great British weather!

Hopefully shrek will pick up a straight red in the 93rd minute when we are two or three goals to the good!

You been gone for a while, work I guess?

Cheers mate, work was calling. Nice call on Wiggy but it means he has influence on at least 2 of the games. How that cunt now gets a slot in the middle is fucking unreal. Every team must be laughing their Cocks off. Regardless, I'm going for a 3-0 win.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:07 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Bianchi on Ice wrote:Fully expect a drab stuttering performance and a draw. Fully expect rooney to play like a has been and get subbed. Fully expect hodgson to say he sees positives in the performance. Fully expect everyone else to repeat the things that were said in the run up to this game regarding the balance of the team...and fully expect hodgson to pick rooney again for the next one

And if it goes well, Wiggy breaks a hip, Woy doing cartwheels on the touchline and Raheen scores a hatrick, you won't be expecting that will you?

Ill have the radio on in the garden with a cider or two..but if green or collymore are on ill turn the sound off
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:10 am

Bianchi on Ice wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Ill have the radio on in the garden with a cider or two..but if green or collymore are on ill turn the sound off

Good point mate. If they're on the TV coverage I'll probably do the same

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:42 am

Sadly, i shall not be watching. I havent watched an England game since Shrek was made official captain and i shan't do again until someone else more worthy has that honour.

A stale draw is my prediction. Shrek to be shit and England to improve after he has been replaced
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Slim » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:55 am

Fuck I'm excited...I know I know, hate England, rags, media, blah blah fucking blah....FUCK YOU, I'm excited!!!
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby gmercer1 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:56 am

nottsblue wrote:Sadly, i shall not be watching. I havent watched an England game since Shrek was made official captain and i shan't do again until someone else more worthy has that honour.

A stale draw is my prediction. Shrek to be shit and England to improve after he has been replaced

I agree with everything ther mate, apart from the last bit.....if he's fit the fat cunt will play every fuckin minute!
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:59 am

gmercer1 wrote:I agree with everything ther mate, apart from the last bit.....if he's fit the fat cunt will play every fuckin minute!

Without a shadow of doubt
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:00 pm

I think we will win comfortably and put in a decent performance. I quite like Woy. I will be having a few beers too but no BBQ. I could swim in my back garden today. It looks like Razzer is starting so hoping he will do some jinky stuff and get a goal.
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:03 pm

Bianchi on Ice wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Lol. Can't beat a radio with the sound off.
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby PeterParker » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:15 pm

Managed to look a bit on the russian "Sky Sports". I understand about 20 % of their language, but there was a huge debate of how the hell Wilshere got in and Drinkwater was cut out.

They are expecting a very similar game as the one from last night.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Slim » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:19 pm

PeterParker wrote:Managed to look a bit on the russian "Sky Sports". I understand about 20 % of their language, but there was a huge debate of how the hell Wilshere got in and Drinkwater was cut out.

Quite enjoyed the German commentary last night, understand most of it and the German's are unintentionally funny at times.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:24 pm

Slim wrote:
PeterParker wrote:Managed to look a bit on the russian "Sky Sports". I understand about 20 % of their language, but there was a huge debate of how the hell Wilshere got in and Drinkwater was cut out.

Quite enjoyed the German commentary last night, understand most of it and the German's are unintentionally funny at times.

The germans are quite funny when it comes to that. Also the italians.

For me is a nightmare to see the game at home. The full coverage went to Dolce, which is the rival of RDS, the provider that has 65 % of Romania, but the Free to air package, which means all the romanian games and the one at 21 every night, went to PRO, which is a more of a real show station, with the Voice, Romanian has Talent, Survivor, etc and the commentators are piss poor. If you can understand you will have a laugh. All the cliche`s and metaphores you can imagine are said in 90 minutes.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby john@staustell » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:45 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:I think we will win comfortably and put in a decent performance. I quite like Woy. I will be having a few beers too but no BBQ. I could swim in my back garden today. It looks like Razzer is starting so hoping he will do some jinky stuff and get a goal.

Ease down on the beers mate
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:34 pm

Slim wrote:Fuck I'm excited...I know I know, hate England, rags, media, blah blah fucking blah....FUCK YOU, I'm excited!!!

I'm the same mate. I understand why people get a little down on it, I do in certain games, but this is the Euro Champs!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby everyonehatesus » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:51 pm

A few lads coming over to watch the game with a curry and beers. I have a strong gut feeling we will be as shot as ever and woy will bottle it and all the same cunts as before and those he does bring in will be played out of position.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:32 pm

A lot of people I've been talking to, including non-England supporters, seem fairly confident we'll do well.

Must have been a mass hysteria thing.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum