Chairman Interview

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Chairman Interview

Postby ruralblue » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:16 pm

Very reassuring stuff. He sees the last season as we do comes across very honest, objective and so enthusiastic about the next era.

Big expectations next year from the Sheik but understandable. Speaks highly of Pep and gives hope. Also by the way he speaks at the end he's ours now and assume he's working behind the scenes having time to sort his stuff before he arrives for real.

Excellent interview the mans just class.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Re: Chairman Interview

Postby Bluedj » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:55 pm

Fully agreed, I think he like us just wanted the season to end as quickly as possible and move on to the next exciting era
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby City64 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:56 pm

Did he mention the price of the chicken balti pies ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:11 pm

Privately, he wanted to kick the count in the bollocks for being a stubburn cunt................countless times over the season.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:32 pm

Second part of the interview up on the site now.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:18 am

We never gave it our all V Madrid.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby gillie » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:50 am

Boy our Chairman certainly knows his football. What a superb fella to be steering our ship.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby PeterParker » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:36 am

They said something like ”with a transfer done, and another one nearly” I reckon Laporte will be announced soon.

Good interview, but most of all I liked that Kidoo is staying in the club. Yey! Hurray!
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby gmercer1 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:05 am

What a calming voice he has! If his career ever fails he'd do well at giving presentations.

COME ON CITY!!!
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:07 pm

It's perhaps not until I moved to UAE and understood where he actually fits into their country's masterplan that I realised just what a stroke of luck we really have had getting him in charge.

It's incredible to think that in addition to being Chairman of CIty, on the board at Ferrari and various other governmental duties, he also has time to be CEO of Mubadala which is an absolute fucking giant of a business. I was speaking to a senior guy at Mubadala recently, who said Mubarak is a phenomenal leader and visionary investor. What I didnt know is that Mubadala's stated aim is investment in capital intensive projects for long term financial sustainability of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi (which, as we are part of that bigger picture via another Abu Dhabi investment vehicle, really should be the final nail in the coffin of the argument about the Sheikh walking away).

We really are incredibly lucky to have this guy at the tiller
Last edited by Im_Spartacus on Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby PrezIke » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:24 pm

Very much grateful to have him in charge. You cannot help but get the sense that he knows what he is doing. He is not disconnected from the interests of the fans by any means, and always looking towards the future for the club.

We didn't land someone like Pep Guardiola as our manager due to luck.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:29 pm

The guy oozes class.
I wonder do any other Premiership clubs get the same access from their chairman at the end of the year.
Could you imagine Joel Glazer or Woodward giving the same comfort to their support.
Or Werner or Henry at Liverpool.
I couldn't see any one of them giving the same sense of calm and trust in what they are doing, that we get each year.
I was as disappointed as anyone in our football this year, but you come away from his interview feeling, it hasn't gone unnoticed. It isn't being glossed over but by and large the whole organisation is still progressing to an inevitable position of dominance. You feel that ultimately the people in charge are capable and will accept nothing less.
I just want to see it on the park. The embodiment of all he talks about. He does give you that uplifting feeling again, that things are going to be great.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby City64 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:31 pm

He is a proper dude for sure ! Heaven sent to the greatest football club on this planet .
I think I will have a Stella for it all to sink in again .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:59 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:The guy oozes class.
I wonder do any other Premiership clubs get the same access from their chairman at the end of the year.
Could you imagine Joel Glazer or Woodward giving the same comfort to their support.
Or Werner or Henry at Liverpool.
I couldn't see any one of them giving the same sense of calm and trust in what they are doing, that we get each year.
I was as disappointed as anyone in our football this year, but you come away from his interview feeling, it hasn't gone unnoticed. It isn't being glossed over but by and large the whole organisation is still progressing to an inevitable position of dominance. You feel that ultimately the people in charge are capable and will accept nothing less.
I just want to see it on the park. The embodiment of all he talks about. He does give you that uplifting feeling again, that things are going to be great.

It has to be said I seem to remember that happened last year as well and yet here we are again.

But, as mentioned he is obviously a classy bloke and in the grand scheme of things I have no doubt he is the right man to lead us forward.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby aaron bond » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:01 pm

Always enjoy these end of season interviews. The first 2 parts have been excellent so far.

He was very honest with his views on our performances last season, and clearly felt the same way as many of us. Whilst remaining his usual respectful self, he was clearly disappointed with Pellegrini. He made it perfectly clear that scraping 4th place on the final day of the season was unacceptable.

There are huge expectations on Pep's shoulders, but good to hear we are well advanced in our plans and will ensure Pep has all the resources he needs.

Great to hear Brian Kidd is staying on. Hope he continues to remain with us for a very long time.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby Dameerto » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:03 pm

He needs to do every single team talk for us - we'd go a decade unbeaten.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:55 pm

Simply the best chairman in world football i would wager.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby harveytravis » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:33 pm

Class.

Is it just me that didn't realise that our under 16s had gone the entire season undefeated in ANY competition?!
harveytravis
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:37 am

harveytravis wrote:Class.

Is it just me that didn't realise that our under 16s had gone the entire season undefeated in ANY competition?!

Yes it is. See the academy thread
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby PeterParker » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:05 am

I think we missed a really important thing. Our owner and also chairman managed to make City a fortress.

In the past, Barcelona and Real or Bayern managed to buy players from everywhere they wanted, but since they came, we stopped that. They took Tranny for filth, Benzema, Suarez, filled Hazard”s head with trash, same with De Gea, but they couldn”t touch us.

Every summer we heard about Sergio going there, but that never happend. I have a feeling he was reading the news with the boss and having a laugh. They made us something that I, well we, would only dream.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum