Question for the "RULES" experts

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Question for the "RULES" experts

Postby shortagain » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:08 pm

I cannot find sufficient information to tell me if Denayer will qualify in the CL & EPL squads as home grown.

Also, where does Iheanacho figure, does he get in as an U21, (he didn't last year & Manuel left Nasri out after the group stage) in the CL. Same question for EPL.

Thanks in advance
shortagain
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Re: Question for the "RULES" experts

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:54 pm

Denayer can play in both squads without needing to be registered. ( he will qualify as clubgrown when he's over 21 provided he's still here )

Kelechi doesn't need registering in the PL squad but I'm not sure about the CL squad because it's not clear what date he officially became a City player.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:21 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Denayer can play in both squads without needing to be registered. ( he will qualify as clubgrown when he's over 21 provided he's still here )

Kelechi doesn't need registering in the PL squad but I'm not sure about the CL squad because it's not clear what date he officially became a City player.

add to the fact that he's also 34
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby shortagain » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:32 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Denayer can play in both squads without needing to be registered. ( he will qualify as clubgrown when he's over 21 provided he's still here )

What a strange post !
shortagain
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:24 am

shortagain wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

What a strange post !

Why strange? I thought it was funny
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby spiny » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:43 am

Bit of an enigma our Kelechi Iheanacho.

Reported that he travelled to England in December 2012 to discuss a move to Manchester City. He signed a pre-contract agreement with the club, stating his intent to formally sign for Manchester City on his 18th birthday in October 2014.

He joined the City Academy on 10 January 2014 but delays in obtaining a work permit meant Iheanacho was unable to play in England until February 2015. Although not formally a Manchester City player, he joined the squad on the 2014-15 pre-season tour of the USA where he made his debut for City.

Make what you will of this but it seems that Kelechis eligibility as a home grown player is a matter between City and the Football authorities. There appears to have been a long standing commitment but a lack of facts in the public domain regarding Kelechis contract means we can only speculate. It would be interesting to hear from someone familiar with eligibility rules as to how they might interpret the rules.
spiny
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Sergio Agüero

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:27 am

spiny wrote:Bit of an enigma our Kelechi Iheanacho.

Reported that he travelled to England in December 2012 to discuss a move to Manchester City. He signed a pre-contract agreement with the club, stating his intent to formally sign for Manchester City on his 18th birthday in October 2014.

He joined the City Academy on 10 January 2014 but delays in obtaining a work permit meant Iheanacho was unable to play in England until February 2015. Although not formally a Manchester City player, he joined the squad on the 2014-15 pre-season tour of the USA where he made his debut for City.

Make what you will of this but it seems that Kelechis eligibility as a home grown player is a matter between City and the Football authorities. There appears to have been a long standing commitment but a lack of facts in the public domain regarding Kelechis contract means we can only speculate. It would be interesting to hear from someone familiar with eligibility rules as to how they might interpret the rules.

I'd have thought the work permit issue was considered a non-footballing matter (he would have been allowed to train in England prior to that date without a work permit) when it comes to eligibility. Therefore, it would be one of the dates prior to the Feb '15 one. Either Jan '14 or Oct '14.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:32 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
spiny wrote:Bit of an enigma our Kelechi Iheanacho.

I'd have thought the work permit issue was considered a non-footballing matter (he would have been allowed to train in England prior to that date without a work permit) when it comes to eligibility. Therefore, it would be one of the dates prior to the Feb '15 one. Either Jan '14 or Oct '14.

Can't be the Jan'14 one because if it was then there would have been no need to register him in the CL squad in the January just gone.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Dameerto » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:17 pm

I was under the impression Nigeria wont let it's under 18's sign for foreign clubs. So rather than break the law like several other big clubs that have been in the news recently we had to wait until he turned 18.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Slim » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:06 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
shortagain wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

What a strange post !

Why strange? I thought it was funny

These kids have forgotten the good ole Minala days.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Return to The Maine Football forum