Unwanted Mario..

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Unwanted Mario..

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sat May 28, 2016 12:34 am

I was glad to see the back of him because I always thought he was massively over rated. But, is there any way he could be saved by City as a third choice striker behind Serg and Kelechi? Perhaps more effective than Bony, but he would need to understand he isn't top dog and he would have to seize that chances when they came along.
What would be his status for Uefa games?
Just a thought, or is it an absolute non starter?
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby CTID Hants » Sat May 28, 2016 12:44 am

Swales4ever wrote:as OP says, the biggest idiot in world football.

Could have gone to the same league of Tranny, but top players are made of talent plus samewhat of a brain, unless born Maradona.

Yes Mario got a troubled childhood, but I know dozen of people who have been given lesser cards, and yet turned up way better than me.

In a nutshell, the living proof why Mancini lacks the political bit to be a top club manager.

A few great memories, topped by the "why always me" score during demolition at the Swamp, but my feelings go to unemployed workmen, not to overblessed moroons.

See, you CAN make sense when you try (excepting the spelling of the last word)!

Mario, as others have suggested needs to drop footballing levels if he's any chance of bouncing back professionally.

He's still only 25 and I bet everybody on here knows somebody who was late in terms of "growing up" (and yes I'm sure most of us equally know somebody that was more or less beyond help by that age).

I hope for his own sake & nobody else's he figures this out now, if he does I think somewhere Burnley might just work out for him IF he is prepared from day one he is willing to show he means it.

Sean Dyche is no shrinking violet from what I can tell and could the one to tame the beast it All depends if Burnley's desires are to stick around the Prem for more than just one season this time, if it is then it will be too much of a gamble even for them.

Whatever happens, despite antics I cannot forget what he did for us.

Good luck Mario (you nutter)
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby JamieMCFC » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:50 pm

Mario Balotelli isn't bothered by his exclusion from Italy boss Giampiero Ventura's squad for the Azzurri's upcoming World Cup qualifiers against Spain and Macedonia.

The Nice striker has revived his career since joining the Ligue 1 club, scoring five goals in three league starts this season, sparking some to suggest a national team recall was on the cards.

However Ventura chose to leave the former Liverpool man off his squad -- a decision with which Balotelli, who hasn't played for his country since the 2014 World Cup, agrees.

"I've missed it for some time, but it's been deserved," Balotelli, 26, told Sky Sport Italia on Monday.

"I hope to return in blue very soon, but only at my best. To me, it's better to have skipped this match. I want to be at my best for the upcoming games."

Balotelli spent last season on loan at AC Milan, where he failed to impress before being allowed to return to Anfield.

He described the atmosphere he encountered at the San Siro, saying: "They weren't the best environment for me.

"I did nothing wrong from a behavioural point of view. Injuries are out of players' control and don't depend on us.

"I found a lot of confusion at Milan, the only certainty was and is [Adriano] Galliani.

"What do I think about his possible farewell? This would confirm the current confusion at Milan."

However the former Inter Milan man says he's much more comfortable -- and enjoying his football again -- in the south of France.

"The city where I am now is beautiful," said the former Inter striker. "The environmental aspect played a role in my decision, having recently lived in Liverpool and Milan.

"The team, however, are very young. We're almost all the same age, this is the football that I like.

"I have no more dreams in football, only targets. The ranking of the teams where I have felt good? Nice, Manchester City and... that's it."

http://www.espnfc.com/italy/story/29653 ... qualifiers
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:10 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:I was glad to see the back of him because I always thought he was massively over rated. But, is there any way he could be saved by City as a third choice striker behind Serg and Kelechi? Perhaps more effective than Bony, but he would need to understand he isn't top dog and he would have to seize that chances when they came along.
What would be his status for Uefa games?
Just a thought, or is it an absolute non starter?

waste of space and 100% unsuited to the way Pep would want him to play. Much better to consider Ambrose ( nearly fit again) or even Nmecha if we did need someone to play the striker role
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:55 pm

Like Zlatan will look the bollocks in a piss poor league.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:03 pm

I like to remember the good times ... 20 goals for us and the assist......26 goals in his one season for Milan wasn't too shabby either and neither is his tally for Nice so far

I know I know
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Dubciteh » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:08 pm

He drove me mad when here but since hes left i have huge soft spot for him would love to see him turn it all around!
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby PeterParker » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:33 am

A prick, but he made THAT pass and scored twice in the swamp.

He will always have a perfect reception when/if he comes home in Manchester.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:16 pm

Don't mind Mad Mario, at all. He was infuriating at times but he brought a smile to my face.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mase » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:25 pm

Interesting that people on here are calling him a prick. I wonder how they would have dealt with being taken away from your parents at a fairly early age, being racially abused constantly in a country that isn't bothered about racism, being under the spot light 24/7 and having every single one of your decisions judged by people without the actual facts.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby PeterParker » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:48 pm

Mase wrote:Interesting that people on here are calling him a prick. I wonder how they would have dealt with being taken away from your parents at a fairly early age, being racially abused constantly in a country that isn't bothered about racism, being under the spot light 24/7 and having every single one of your decisions judged by people without the actual facts.

Mario, didn't do himself any favours, mate.

Had and still has all the talent in the world, but many of his decisions were off. I blame that on him and on the people around him who saw a window and took advantage of that.

@Patrick

Spot on. Yes. With Mario will always be a bipolar relashionship of love and hate for any fan.
Last edited by PeterParker on Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby patrickblue » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:08 pm

Mase wrote:Interesting that people on here are calling him a prick. I wonder how they would have dealt with being taken away from your parents at a fairly early age, being racially abused constantly in a country that isn't bothered about racism, being under the spot light 24/7 and having every single one of your decisions judged by people without the actual facts.

TBF, I don't think the comment was meant that way. I think PP was referring to Mario acting like a dickhead at times (and I'm sure PP will correct me if I'm wrong), which we all know he did.
I don't think I've ever seen so much agreement on a player, we all seem to love him, and we're all glad he's not here any more.

And as for scouse 1, I know we're all agreed.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum