Transfer done deals summer 2016

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Transfer done deals summer 2016

Postby PrezIke » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:58 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Stack Em High!

List of players currently on loan - one more and we beat Chelsea as top hoarder

1. Aaron Mooy to Huddersfield

Now wait a minute. Wasn't he supposed to be good enough to play for City?

I can say they love him at Huddersfield, he's hit the ground running in the Championship. I've not seen him play myself though, but they use him in a creative 'number 10' role as far as I can tell (they were using a 4/2/3/1 in preseason).
Thinking about it, I'm fairly sure Town will try and sign him permanently at the end of the season, so it might give an idea of what City thinks of him depending on whether we let him go or not (if they do try and sign him).

He could be good enough, and I am also hearing good things about how he is doing thus far.

There is no room for him in our squad this season, and doing well in the Championship is a good test. Now, next season he could take Yaya's place quite easily if he keeps this up.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Moonchesteri » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:06 pm

PrezIke wrote:
Dameerto wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:

I can say they love him at Huddersfield, he's hit the ground running in the Championship. I've not seen him play myself though, but they use him in a creative 'number 10' role as far as I can tell (they were using a 4/2/3/1 in preseason).
Thinking about it, I'm fairly sure Town will try and sign him permanently at the end of the season, so it might give an idea of what City thinks of him depending on whether we let him go or not (if they do try and sign him).

He could be good enough, and I am also hearing good things about how he is doing thus far.

There is no room for him in our squad this season, and doing well in the Championship is a good test. Now, next season he could take Yaya's place quite easily if he keeps this up.

Good to hear he's doing well but come on guys. Would Real Madrid or any other club trying to win the CL sign a 25+ player from Australian league or from the Championship? Best player in the league or not.
He was not signed to play for MCFC
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby PrezIke » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:58 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:Good to hear he's doing well but come on guys. Would Real Madrid or any other club trying to win the CL sign a 25+ player from Australian league or from the Championship? Best player in the league or not.

I'm not so certain about that. I wrote when we signed him that he has done well at the international level, including against England in a friendly this summer, so he has performed well against higher levels of competition, just not frequently enough to warrant being in our squad.

I think he agreed to come with the understanding that he COULD make our squad next season if he does well at Town, but yes, if we don't have room for him we can surely sell him to a lesser PL side or another Championship side and make a profit. He has attributes that could allow him to come here, although he is a bit slow.

We also signed a late blooming 29 year old (Nolito) and a 33 year old keeper so his chance to make the squad at 26 is not out of the realm of possibility since he does have attributes (very attack minded, technical midfielder, intelligent, hard working, etc.) that Pep likes.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:25 pm

PrezIke wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:Good to hear he's doing well but come on guys. Would Real Madrid or any other club trying to win the CL sign a 25+ player from Australian league or from the Championship? Best player in the league or not.

I'm not so certain about that. I wrote when we signed him that he has done well at the international level, including against England in a friendly this summer, so he has performed well against higher levels of competition, just not frequently enough to warrant being in our squad.

I think he agreed to come with the understanding that he COULD make our squad next season if he does well at Town, but yes, if we don't have room for him we can surely sell him to a lesser PL side or another Championship side and make a profit. He has attributes that could allow him to come here, although he is a bit slow.

We also signed a late blooming 29 year old (Nolito) and a 33 year old keeper so his chance to make the squad at 26 is not out of the realm of possibility since he does have attributes (very attack minded, technical midfielder, intelligent, hard working, etc.) that Pep likes.

We also signed Ali Benarbia at a late stage in his career and he certainly carved out a fine reputation with City, albeit briefly.

Don't think we should dismiss any player out of hand.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:36 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:do they have a whatsapp group?

please reply with comments a person of my advanced years can comprehend
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Moonchesteri » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:27 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
PrezIke wrote:

We also signed Ali Benarbia at a late stage in his career and he certainly carved out a fine reputation with City, albeit briefly.

An older player can deffo make a difference, most are at their best around their 30's. That (age) was not my point.

What I meant was that the very best sides do not really buy players from championship or Australian league (unless they are young promising players), and the simple reason is that they are not good enough.

And we aim to be in that group of very best teams with the likes of Barca, Real, Bayern etc. And to be a player that improves a team of this quality you have to be very good.

Look, I have not even seen this bloke play. But hundreds of scouts and managers around the world have and if this lad really was as good as you say he wouldn't be playing in championship.

I would be happy to be proven wrong and see we've signed the next Zidane for peanuts but I'd rather put my hopes on the academy kids
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby gmercer1 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:14 am

Moonchesteri wrote:

He's been man of the match in every game so far this season.
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Dameerto » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:15 pm

gmercer1 wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:

He's been man of the match in every game so far this season.

And he's started every match so far. He's pretty much their star player.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Justified logic » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:35 am

Moonchesteri wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
PrezIke wrote:

An older player can deffo make a difference, most are at their best around their 30's. That (age) was not my point.

What I meant was that the very best sides do not really buy players from championship or Australian league (unless they are young promising players), and the simple reason is that they are not good enough.

And we aim to be in that group of very best teams with the likes of Barca, Real, Bayern etc. And to be a player that improves a team of this quality you have to be very good.

Look, I have not even seen this bloke play. But hundreds of scouts and managers around the world have and if this lad really was as good as you say he wouldn't be playing in championship.

I would be happy to be proven wrong and see we've signed the next Zidane for peanuts but I'd rather put my hopes on the academy kids

If he is good, and I've not seen him play, then he could be good - for the price - in the PL and domestic cups to give the CL stars a rest.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby dazby » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:40 pm

Did Hull end up getting anyone in?
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:02 pm

has anyone noticed what an aged squad we now have?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:26 pm

johnny crossan wrote:has anyone noticed what an aged squad we now have?

There's always been the expression, "if they're good enough, they're old enough" with regard to youngsters.

Does the converse ever work ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby phips » Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:11 pm

dazby wrote:Did Hull end up getting anyone in?

someone on a free, Ryan Mason from Spurs, a young United striker, and a striker from Kyiv who previously played at Norwich
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:21 pm

phips wrote:

someone on a free, Ryan Mason from Spurs, a young United striker, and a striker from Kyiv who previously played at Norwich

No doubt charismatic Mike Phelan, managerial master-mind and tactical genius, will be doing a 'Leicester' this season and have them challenging for the title.

Phew.....
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Mase » Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:37 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
phips wrote:

No doubt charismatic Mike Phelan, managerial master-mind and tactical genius, will be doing a 'Leicester' this season and have them challenging for the title.

Phew.....

What is it with ex-rags buying shitty rag cast offs? Bruce did it. Now Phelan. Moyes is doing it. Did Robson when he was at Boro?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:52 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

There's always been the expression, "if they're good enough, they're old enough" with regard to youngsters.

I feel uneasy about the coming transition, so many of our finest in their late flowering beauty and our tender young shoots very vulnerable to the inclemencies of Beswick.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:56 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

I feel uneasy about the coming transition, so many of our finest in their late flowering beauty and our tender young shoots very vulnerable to the inclemencies of Beswick.

That's a nice, poetically flowing post JC. Very nice indeed.

Well done to you.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:46 am

Mase wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
phips wrote:

Phew.....

What is it with ex-rags buying shitty rag cast offs? Bruce did it. Now Phelan. Moyes is doing it. Did Robson when he was at Boro?

Endlessly
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum