Transfer done deals summer 2016

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Transfer done deals summer 2016

Postby nottsblue » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:12 pm

I for one am disappointed the rags have got Pogba. Yes he cost a lot of money and it's amusing they have paid so much money for someone they let go for peanuts a short time ago. But the simple fact is he is far better than anything they have in their midfield at present and as such they will be improved on last season. In a couple of years he will go to Madrid for most of the fee they have paid but in the interim they will be a better outfit for him being in it.

Wish we had him
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Saul Goodman » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:25 pm

nottsblue wrote:I for one am disappointed the rags have got Pogba. Yes he cost a lot of money and it's amusing they have paid so much money for someone they let go for peanuts a short time ago. But the simple fact is he is far better than anything they have in their midfield at present and as such they will be improved on last season. In a couple of years he will go to Madrid for most of the fee they have paid but in the interim they will be a better outfit for him being in it.

Wish we had him

Pogba, Zlatan, and Mkhitaryan.
Being unbiased, thats a better trio than any combo of 3 that we got for this upcoming season.
Those 3 are ready now; most of ours are injured or youngsters.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:26 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:
nottsblue wrote:I for one am disappointed the rags have got Pogba. Yes he cost a lot of money and it's amusing they have paid so much money for someone they let go for peanuts a short time ago. But the simple fact is he is far better than anything they have in their midfield at present and as such they will be improved on last season. In a couple of years he will go to Madrid for most of the fee they have paid but in the interim they will be a better outfit for him being in it.

Wish we had him

Being unbiased, thats a better trio than any combo of 3 that we got for this upcoming season.

wibble
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby gmercer1 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:22 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:

Wish we had him

Yes but they have a cunt of a manager who will end up falling out with most of the team before we've had our Christmas dinners.
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Sideshow Bob » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:39 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:

Wish we had him

i wouldn't trade de bruyne for any of them.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Saul Goodman » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:12 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:

Wish we had him

Correct but hes not a 2016 summer arrival
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:15 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:

Wish we had him

We massively underperformed last season. Have made some very good signings and have the best manager in world football.

They have made signings to improve them and have a twat as a manager that can implode at any time.

I know which team I would rather be.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby nottsblue » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:18 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:

Wish we had him

We massively underperformed last season. Have made some very good signings and have the best manager in world football.

They have made signings to improve them and have a twat as a manager that can implode at any time.

I know which team I would rather be.

But would you prefer Pogba played in blue this season?
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:37 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:

Wish we had him

you're forgetting that at least have the folk on here have the reading age of a six year old.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:10 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:

Wish we had him

you're forgetting that at least have the folk on here have the reading age of a six year old.

What do the other have half?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:25 pm

nottsblue wrote:But would you prefer Pogba played in blue this season?

Yes of course. Pogba is very good and I would have liked him here . That ship has sailed. And I don't think we want to pay 100m on pogba and 50m one stones in the same window. The priority is a CB and we have him.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:28 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
nottsblue wrote:But would you prefer Pogba played in blue this season?

Yes of course. Pogba is very good and I would have liked him here . That ship has sailed. And I don't think we want to pay 100m on pogba and 50m one stones in the same window. The priority is a CB and we have him.

we could / should have been in for pogba if the spafia hadn't fucked up the previous 2 centreback purchases
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Wooders » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:37 pm

and fucked up bidding for him too late last summer
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:00 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:

Wish we had him

They needed those more than us, desperately so. We needed to freshen up our squad. Both clubs win in regards to their attacking acquisitions.

Also, they all get straight into their team, while two of those would sit on our bench. Not sure why you feel the need to compare them to our additions that will have a completely different squad status.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby Renato_CTID » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:26 am

Pogwho to the rags? I thank the lord every day of my life to support the best club in the world and not the new Rajola utd! End of ...
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:29 am

Welcome Geronimo Rulli!

Thanks Geronimo, it's been emotional.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby john@staustell » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:45 am

I Just Blue Myself wrote:Welcome Geronimo Rulli!

Thanks Geronimo, it's been emotional.

Never really got a chance poor lad. You'd think he could've made an impression in his 5 seconds!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:51 am

Sideshow Bob wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:

Wish we had him

You sure?...the press said he was a "50m flop"...Im waiting for their update on that little nugget of spite.
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:38 am

I know there are concerns about our questionable and potentially suspect defence (to talk in euphemisms), but I'm still worried about where all our goals are going to come from, particularly if/when Bony is going to be off-loaded and given that there is the strong possibility that Aguero could be out injured for noticeable parts of the season.

I'd much prefer to play with a patched up defence, provided we were potent and deadly in attack and I hope that Stones isn't the last transfer signing we'll be making in this current window.

If that is the case, for whatever reason, I would have much preferred not to sign him, but to get another striker instead. I know we were the League's leading scorers last season, in an indifferent campaign, but we can't guarantee that will happen again with our current cadre of front players.

IMHO we really do badly need another goal scorer.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby john@staustell » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:43 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:I know there are concerns about our questionable and potentially suspect defence (to talk in euphemisms), but I'm still worried about where all our goals are going to come from, particularly if/when Bony is going to be off-loaded .

You're joking right?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum