European Championship

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: European Championship

Postby phips » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:55 pm

Dameerto wrote:
phips wrote:
Dameerto wrote:Marseilles ultras baiting them on the first night (which France seems to want to cover up) - not sure about the second night.

But as a self confessed stupid American you carry on believing the media narrative.

pray tell, what else should i base my questions on if not the media? i wasn't there. i dont know anyone who was there to tell me stories. its not my fault media decides to spin things.
im not gonna waste time doing research to avoid biases. also, i dont read French media...im reading the English papers so that country should want to expose the French provocation. yet....ive seen nothing.

i stil dont understand the violence. i dont understand why Hammers fan threw bottles at the United bus. is someone else not allowed to support another club? are they not allowed to think they're club is good and better than yours? i guess being a stupid American i'll never understand it.

or am i misinterpreting the violence as stemming from football related insults? is it actually typical insulting that has nothing to do with football but takes place between football fans?

I'm sure you've made your mind up anyway so rhetorical questions are pointless. "Have a nice day".

actually i haven't. im genuinely curious. i told you, i dont experience any of this so i have no idea what causes it. all i see is videos online.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Dameerto » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:02 pm

I've you've learned nothing about the media through your involvement with Man City then you are beyond learning.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Saul Goodman » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:07 pm

Prob fake but reports of an Englishman shitting in his hand and throwing it at riot police.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Mase » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:10 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:Prob fake but reports of an Englishman shitting in his hand and throwing it at riot police.

I've been to the North East and I can tell you right now this is potentially true!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Slim » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:15 pm

Mase wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:Prob fake but reports of an Englishman shitting in his hand and throwing it at riot police.

I've been to the North East and I can tell you right now this is potentially true!

Didn't the scousers poo in cups and throw it at rag supporters a few years back? To call them animals would be an insult to animals.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:19 pm

Slim wrote:
Mase wrote:

Didn't the scousers poo in cups and throw it at rag supporters a few years back? To call them animals would be an insult to animals.

I wouldn't put it passed them. What happened to just throwing a coin at Rio and laughing when one hit him?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby phips » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:25 am

Here's a good summary of what happened in Marseille. Sounds like Russians are primarily to blame as well as the French locals but the English fans weren't exactly altar boys either.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3636705/The-Big-Kick-Hundreds-England-Russia-fans-clash-running-battles-streets-Marseille-ahead-tonight-s-Euro-2016-match-baton-wielding-police-fighting-tear-gas.html

wonder how many people won't be going to the WC in Russia after this one.

phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby phips » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:46 am

oh wow:

Russian sports minister Vitaly Mutko downplayed the clash between their fans and England supporters at the end of the 1-1 draw on Saturday.

Shortly after the final whistle, Russian fans broke past stewards to invade the England stands and throw objects at the Stade Velodrome in Marseille.

"Weak" security was to blame for the incident, according to Mutko, who is also the head of the Russian Football Union and has a senior role with FIFA.

"There was no clash... That's being exaggerated, in fact everything is fine here," Mutko told R-Sport. "When the match ended, there was no barrier between the fans. The British were upset, of course, but it all quickly dissolved.

"Such matches should be organised properly. It is necessary to separate the fans [at the stadium].

Mutko did vow to identity and punish fans who acted inappropriately, and criticised the prohibited launch of flares from the Russia fans' section.

"The bad thing is that there were firecrackers and flares," he said. "There were no nets. One must understand these things."

Aleksandr Shprigin, head of the Russia football fans' union, also denied the scenes were as bad as they appeared, telling the Russian government's RT television station "there was no clash."

"The entire English sector just got up and ran away. There were no scuffles, police were standing there," he said. "Everything is OK. The police are working well."

The Guardian reported that Russian state news service Vesti said the Russian fans were the ones under attack.

"Two hundred and fifty Russian fans repulsed an attack by several thousand English and forced them to flee," Vesti was quoted as reporting. "English fans started the fight by attacking our fans, but 250 Russians from different corners of our country did not flinch and repulsed the attack of the heavily drunken islanders."

and the people of Russia probably believe they beat the US hockey team at the 1980's Winter Olympics

phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Lev Bronstein » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:56 am

At least in the last 24 hours English fans seem to be the victims. Mind you, if you go round in large, loud, drink fuelled groups chanting "Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough", it's no great surprise that some bunch of nutters will.
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:08 am

UEFA have opened proceedings against Russian FA after the violence lastnight (BBC breaking news)
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby aaron bond » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:38 am

Sadly I don't know if it is going to get any better this week. England's next game is on Thursday in Lens, but most fans will base themselves in Lille nearby. Russia play in Lille on Wednesday.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby Slim » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:33 pm

Corluka doing his best Zabaleta impersonation.

Claret everywhere.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:42 pm

What a goal by Modric.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Slim » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:44 pm

That was some shot, I thought it bounced, but he caught it full, great control.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:58 pm

Slim wrote:That was some shot, I thought it bounced, but he caught it full, great control.

Great technique. Top spin. You could say the goalie got down late but he sees it late coming over a crowd of players then the top spin makes it bounce unexpectedly as he gets to it.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Blue In Bolton » Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:00 pm

Glenn Hoddle doing his best to pour cold water on it being a great goal. It should have gone in the top corner to be considered a great goal according to himself. The twat.
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David White

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:01 pm

Blue In Bolton wrote:Glenn Hoddle doing his best to pour cold water on it being a great goal. It should have gone in the top corner to be considered a great goal according to himself. The twat.

Unexpected bonus is Vinny as half time summariser on espn. Wonder if he's getting his non-playing ducks in a row?
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:04 pm

Another one of those loud bangs heard at the start of the second half. Makes you uneasy.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Blue In Bolton » Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:06 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Blue In Bolton wrote:Glenn Hoddle doing his best to pour cold water on it being a great goal. It should have gone in the top corner to be considered a great goal according to himself. The twat.

Unexpected bonus is Vinny as half time summariser on espn. Wonder if he's getting his non-playing ducks in a row?

You're lucky mate. The other two are ok in Slaven Bilic and Emmanuel Petit but Hoddle is a nob of the first order. It's a shame because as a player he was absolute quality so you would think that he would offer some decent insight and opinions. The opposite is sadly true though.
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David White

Postby Slim » Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:07 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:Another one of those loud bangs heard at the start of the second half. Makes you uneasy.

Yeah, they just said on commentary it was a "smoke flare", so ummm, that's now a thing.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum