European Championship

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: European Championship

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:10 am

Fidel Castro wrote:Ooh they were baited. Boo hoo, time to accept a large percentage of England fans are cunts.

Time to accept that a huge percentage of european cunts (police are guilty of violence for no other reason than "its the English " especially the Italians and Spanish ) bait the English fans at every given event who in turn turn violent.

FACT.

Ive been there and seen it and witnessed it.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:28 am

Fidel Castro wrote:Ooh they were baited. Boo hoo, time to accept a large percentage of England fans are cunts.

Not having that, it's the minority fucking things up for the rest as usual. Has to be said though that the English football supporting mong is a special type of mong.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:03 am

Questions for our European posters, I was going to ask yesterday but called away suddenly.

Do police from your country send liaison officers to Euro's or WC's?

Does your media cover your badly behaved fans?

Does your media cover the English fans behaviour?

Every country has its problem fans at domestic games (well maybe not in the land of lovers that is Sweden).

I don't in anyway condone what goes on but I do get the impression that police in European countries afford any protection and are happy to let it get out of hand before wading in. So much for their being alcohol bans for 24 hours around the game, which looks like it might have backfired as fans went on a bender 24 hours before the ban.

Also, Marseilles is a renowned hot bed for disengaged youngsters well known for kicking off.

I don't particularly recall any such trouble involving English fans in south Africa or Brazil for example.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:19 am

CTID Hants wrote:Questions for our European posters, I was going to ask yesterday but called away suddenly.

Every country has its problem fans at domestic games (well maybe not in the land of lovers that is Sweden).

I don't in anyway condone what goes on but I do get the impression that police in European countries afford any protection and are happy to let it get out of hand before wading in. So much for their being alcohol bans for 24 hours around the game, which looks like it might have backfired as fans went on a bender 24 hours before the ban.

Also, Marseilles is a renowned hot bed for disengaged youngsters well known for kicking off.

I don't particularly recall any such trouble involving English fans in south Africa or Brazil for example.

On your last point, that's probably because the degenerates couldn't afford to go.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby PeterParker » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:34 am

CTID Hants wrote:Questions for our European posters, I was going to ask yesterday but called away suddenly.

1. No, because 80% of our fans at Euros or WC are from abroad.

2. Absolutely. Incidents still sell very good, so they are trying to find that. All fans are ”ultras” in their mind because they are singing.

3. Since I recall. The incidents in Marseille were everywhere on the news yesterday.

4. Yes and no. Long subject.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Alioune DVToure » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:46 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Time to accept that a huge percentage of european cunts (police are guilty of violence for no other reason than "its the English " especially the Italians and Spanish ) bait the English fans at every given event who in turn turn violent.

FACT.

And I've seen England fans - mostly Londoners or thereabouts - behave like complete pricks in other countries with no provocation whatsoever.

The fans who stand on the streets of a foreign city with a huge Muslim population singing racist and Islamophobic songs deserve a good kicking at the very least. Absolute weaponry.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:02 am

Alioune DVToure wrote:
The fans who stand on the streets of a foreign city with a huge Muslim population singing racist and Islamophobic songs deserve a good kicking at the very least. Absolute weaponry.

I haven't had chance to catch up the last 24 hours or so, is that what is being reported/footage being shown now, or your own previous experience?

In either case they deserve being knicked for it, at the very least.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby rosbif cuisson 'bleu' » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:17 am

Dunno

A little

A lot

It's still seen by the general public as the "English Disease" here, but in my experience the 'lads' here are still into the 'football factory' shit , and are also more organised (which kinda begs the question why they haven't been infiltrated and the firms shut down). The 'lads ' I met in Paris went on exchanges with Millwall (amongst others). Mind you , this was 15-10 years ago. Marseille in particular has/had lots of problems with the supporters associations and their 'connections', and there are plenty of reports of extremely dodgy dealings in the 'banlieus' assosiated with 'characters' exercising influence in lower league (semi) professional football clubs;

SA and Brazil....c'mon CTIDH...demographic...travel costs.....and would YOU want to spend a night in jail in either of those two countries?
rosbif cuisson 'bleu'
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: mcfc
My favourite player is: colin bell

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:03 am

No. Like with Romania, around 80% of fans who travel abroad don't live in the country.

Yes and no. Most of the BiH national team's fan problems come from the diaspora or are pro-Islamist or Antisemitic in nature. These are massively under-reported by national press for fear of isolating their readership (socially conservative Muslims and disaffected youths who idolize the diaspora for being wealthy). On the local (domestic) level, the table is totally flipped, and most of the bad behaviour is targeted toward Muslims. One reason for this is that the idiots you'd normally get supporting a national team have no affinity for the BiH national team, and therefore focus all their efforts for idiocy at the club level. Here's a good lowdown of the issue for 2015-16: http://www.balkaninsight.com/en/article ... 05-23-2016

Yes. England fans' behaviour is well covered. There are some who idolize it (and who would love nothing more than to beat a group of English fans, as they're the 'original hooligans), and some who can't believe it's still 'a thing'. At the same time, when Newcastle played here in 2002-03, there was no trouble, and everyone in Sarajevo who remembers the game (admittedly only about 12-15% of the city's population, due to massive demographic changes in the past two decades, as a result of the war and its aftermath) says they were a great group of fans. I also was told to pass on compliments to the Wales fans who were here last year by the owner of a local strip club - he said they were the best-behaved customers he's ever had in the place.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:11 am

Has there been issues?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby mr_nool » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:33 am

Yes.

Yes.

Haven't seen the trouble in Marseille mentioned yet in Swedish media.

For the last 10-15 years Sweden has had a much bigger hooligan issue than the UK. Loads of "firms" organising fights away from the grounds, but also a lot of fighting in the stands, fireworks being thrown at officials and players, etc. The fans of the national team are usually not violent, though.

Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:23 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

FACT.

And I've seen England fans - mostly Londoners or thereabouts - behave like complete pricks in other countries with no provocation whatsoever.

Of course there are idiots everywhere, at every stadium, but its the innocents that get a pasting as well , from thugs to the fuckign police...............Just for being there.

The european police have scum in their ranks who just love to go in strong in a group of English fans.

I wont go anymore , seen too many things that make me want to get involved in the thuggery , especially when you witness an innocent getting 10 shades of shit out of him..what you supposed to do ? just stare and do fuckall ?

Not for me anymore , I only get violent with my TV.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Slim » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:01 pm

5 of the Albanian lineup were either born or grew up in Switzerland...like the English cricket team coming from South Africa.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:04 pm

Slim wrote:5 of the Albanian lineup were either born or grew up in Switzerland...like the English cricket team coming from South Africa.

Looking at the hugs before the start of the game, I am a bit worried. I hope they will never do themselves any favours. Never trusted the swiss, had a girlfriend from there in the past, she never could decide on anything.
Last edited by PeterParker on Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Dameerto » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:04 pm

Like a large percentage of cunts on here then.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Slim » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:06 pm

I see Albania are using their typical 9-1-0 formation.

Edit:That might change now.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Slim » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:07 pm

Dameerto wrote:

Like a large percentage of cunts on here then.

I hardly think me, Carl and Mike constitute a large percentage.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dameerto » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:07 pm

Just look at the coverage from the first night of trouble - one "England fan" arrested, and one "local man" arrested - not "one Marseille fan". The only football fan the media are interested in, is English. There's footage all over youtube of the cause of the trouble, which was something like 50-70 Marseille ultras charging a pub where English fans were drinking. France doesn't have a hooligan problem though, Europe doesn't have a hooligan problem, only England has a hooligan problem.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby phips » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:53 pm

Dameerto wrote:Marseilles ultras baiting them on the first night (which France seems to want to cover up) - not sure about the second night.

But as a self confessed stupid American you carry on believing the media narrative.

pray tell, what else should i base my questions on if not the media? i wasn't there. i dont know anyone who was there to tell me stories. its not my fault media decides to spin things.
im not gonna waste time doing research to avoid biases. also, i dont read French media...im reading the English papers so that country should want to expose the French provocation. yet....ive seen nothing.

i stil dont understand the violence. i dont understand why Hammers fan threw bottles at the United bus. is someone else not allowed to support another club? are they not allowed to think they're club is good and better than yours? i guess being a stupid American i'll never understand it.

or am i misinterpreting the violence as stemming from football related insults? is it actually typical insulting that has nothing to do with football but takes place between football fans?
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Dameerto » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:40 pm

phips wrote:
Dameerto wrote:Marseilles ultras baiting them on the first night (which France seems to want to cover up) - not sure about the second night.

But as a self confessed stupid American you carry on believing the media narrative.

pray tell, what else should i base my questions on if not the media? i wasn't there. i dont know anyone who was there to tell me stories. its not my fault media decides to spin things.
im not gonna waste time doing research to avoid biases. also, i dont read French media...im reading the English papers so that country should want to expose the French provocation. yet....ive seen nothing.

i stil dont understand the violence. i dont understand why Hammers fan threw bottles at the United bus. is someone else not allowed to support another club? are they not allowed to think they're club is good and better than yours? i guess being a stupid American i'll never understand it.

or am i misinterpreting the violence as stemming from football related insults? is it actually typical insulting that has nothing to do with football but takes place between football fans?

I'm sure you've made your mind up anyway so rhetorical questions are pointless. "Have a nice day".
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum