Maureen

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Maureen

Postby patrickblue » Thu May 26, 2016 10:37 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
sidSmith wrote:As if the twat doesn't already have enough money in the bank from all the times he's been fucking sacked! He's really in it for the love of the game isn't he?

The thing is, Chelsea have owned Hose-eh?'s naming rights for 10 years or so now, they're hardly going to give them up to the rags. This could run and run at the theatre of increasing desperation.

Lovely isn't it.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby sidSmith » Thu May 26, 2016 10:46 am

patrickblue wrote:
sidSmith wrote:As if the twat doesn't already have enough money in the bank from all the times he's been fucking sacked! He's really in it for the love of the game isn't he?

The thing is, Chelsea have owned Hose-eh?'s naming rights for 10 years or so now, they're hardly going to give them up to the rags. This could run and run at the theatre of increasing desperation.

Lovely isn't it.

Wonder how much we're talking about and if it could stop the appointment. Not that that would be piss funny of course.
sidSmith
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu May 26, 2016 11:12 am

sidSmith wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

Lovely isn't it.

Wonder how much we're talking about and if it could stop the appointment. Not that that would be piss funny of course.

It won't stop it from Hose-eh?'s viewpoint as he's reached agreements with Inter and Real Madrid in the past, but the sheer greed of the rags might make it a serious problem. He'll want them to pay up.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu May 26, 2016 12:38 pm

sidSmith wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

Lovely isn't it.

It won't stop it from Hose-eh?'s viewpoint as he's reached agreements with Inter and Real Madrid in the past, but the sheer greed of the rags might make it a serious problem. He'll want them to pay up.

cos the italians and spanish always do things above board....
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby CTID Hants » Thu May 26, 2016 4:30 pm

Well he's signed....
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Sister of fu » Thu May 26, 2016 4:40 pm

I think he will do a good job. Proven track record and winner. Whether he is there for the long haul is anyone's guess but he is a huge upgrade on what they have had. They will be a threat next season.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu May 26, 2016 4:43 pm

Sister of fu wrote:I think he will do a good job. Proven track record and winner. Whether he is there for the long haul is anyone's guess but he is a huge upgrade on what they have had. They will be a threat next season.

they were a threat last season....
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby CTID Hants » Thu May 26, 2016 4:43 pm

Sister of fu wrote:I think he will do a good job. Proven track record and winner. Whether he is there for the long haul is anyone's guess but he is a huge upgrade on what they have had. They will be a threat next season.

Let's hope Woodward ducks him over on transfers then
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby littlebig » Thu May 26, 2016 4:47 pm

Sister of fu wrote:They will be a threat next season.

For sure. He's got the skills and the know how. Some total poo being spouted on here about him being a spent force. Wishful thinking.

In saying that, I think we'll still finish above them.

Very much hoping that he does his usual divisive destructive job on their club. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch.
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby Sister of fu » Thu May 26, 2016 4:47 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:

Jose is an upgrade on LVG. He will make a difference
Sister of fu

Postby john@staustell » Thu May 26, 2016 5:01 pm

About fucking time
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby carolina-blue » Thu May 26, 2016 5:25 pm

Didn't he once say when asked about the Europa League " we don't play in that field ".
Wonder if he will bin it off Next season lol
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu May 26, 2016 6:02 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Dimples » Thu May 26, 2016 8:08 pm

Sister of fu wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

Jose is an upgrade on LVG. He will make a difference

I think the dynamics are different for Jose this time. A lot tougher.

1. He failed in his last two jobs that will bring added pressure.
2. The 'special one' veneer has been stripped away. Everybody now knows there is nothing special about him.
3. The 'mind games' he plays with opposing managers, refs, etc... should have little effect. His mode of operation is well understood.
4. Powerfull Rags did not want him(Ferguson?, Charlton, etc...).
Looks like he is a Glazer appointment. They over ruled the execs. That will cause friction when the heat is on.
5. He is an Alpha male. He must be top dog. The big egos currently in place at the swamp will resent and oppose this.
6. He is disliked by large sections of football. He has been exposed as a ruthless low life by his carry on at Chelsea.
7. His brand of football is boring and cynical. If he is not winning games that will be an extra pressure.
8. How big is his transfer kitty? Are the Glazers prepared to cough up another £250M on a maybe?
The height of their ambition might be a top 4 place and CL football. That is what it has looked like up to this anyway.
9. Will the top top players want to play for him? Can he afford them?
10. The squad is not great. De Gea and Martial being the only exceptions. Big rebuild required.
11. Any top player moving to the PL has choices: ManC+Pep, Chelsea/Arsenal+London, Spurs+Poche+London, Liverpool+history:), MU+a low life
Why play for a low life when you have better choices?
12. He has the added pressure of dealing with a very noisy neighbour who is bulking up big time and ready to dish out retribution.

So he has a really big, tough, complicated job on his hands.

Yes he can put a team together. He will make them better. His team will not drop many points to weaker teams.
Defo good enough for top four.

I don't think he will deliver PLs and CLs.
The aura has gone and he has to much stacked again'st him.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby patrickblue » Thu May 26, 2016 8:28 pm

You're not wrong there at all.

I personally think that 5 and 7 in that order will be his downfall.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Michigan Blue » Thu May 26, 2016 11:40 pm

Mourinho is a far lesser coach and tactician than Guardiola, and will be operating with a lesser squad as well.

He will attempt to make up the deficit in the only way he knows how - sowing chaos and poison.

He did the same in Madrid and went mad in the process, but it just about worked.

Strap in, everyone.
"Certainly our programme is a full one, but as a player and as a manager I've always felt that there is only one way to go into a season...and that's to try to win every game.... While we are in four major competitions we shall try to win four major competitions." - Joe Mercer
Michigan Blue
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Fri May 27, 2016 1:03 am

They already have the largest wage bill in the country and a lot of players he will struggle to move on. There are a few players he will be saddled with. If he pisses away a huge chunk on Zlatan then it leaves very little wriggle room with the wage bill to make wholesale changes. Nothing easy there.
He usually wins, but not always. He is starting to amass a few failures. He also has the ability to be extremely devisive. I hope he demonstrates that again at the sty.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Us

Postby Dameerto » Fri May 27, 2016 4:54 am

The whole thing with the BBC reporting it almost at the final whistle of the cup just stinks. They were so sure of a deal that was supposed to still be at the 'talks' stage that they had to have been given confidential information about it. And now the BBC are crowing about how they broke it so early like they're some kind of tabloid newspaper.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Sister of fu » Fri May 27, 2016 5:41 am

Dameerto wrote:The whole thing with the BBC reporting it almost at the final whistle of the cup just stinks. They were so sure of a deal that was supposed to still be at the 'talks' stage that they had to have been given confidential information about it. And now the BBC are crowing about how they broke it so early like they're some kind of tabloid newspaper.

He was clearly tapped up so why haven't they been mauled in the media. How much shite have we taken over Pep even though we have been clear with Pellers on what are plans were? Is it because they are such a huge club and they are scared of upsetting them?
Sister of fu

Postby bigblue » Fri May 27, 2016 5:44 am

He's against the wall now as much as the media will try to portray otherwise. You can't fail 3 clubs in a row a still be considered one of the top managers in the world.

Lovely thing is how much Pep gets under mourinho's skin. jose can't stand how everyone sees Pep as the tactical genius and jose as the diego costa of managers (effective on their day but 100% committed to being a cheating cunt). Pressure is on. And he's not been too well under pressure recently.

Plus their squad needs 7-8 new players to put in a real challenge. So I'm not too worried at all
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum