Dimitri Payet

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Dimitri Payet

Postby Spurge » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:06 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Spurge wrote:Still a yes. Only played for a third if the game but the best moments belonged to him. So unlucky with the volley and his own player denied him from that free kick.

He should have scored and not hit the bar. Sterling would be slaughtered for such a poor miss!

Yeh ok, whatever you say, though it is unfortunate that this remark has led to the thread becoming a platform to defend sterling on what can only have been a tongue in cheek remark based on its lack of relevance.

Back on topic the chance fell to payet shortly after coming on and considering most players need time to adjust to the pace of a game when introduced to the action it's true to say he hit the ground running. His impact was immediate he gave the team a lift, the crowd a lift and got on the ball from the get go, he makes a significant difference to a team full of big name players and that speaks volumes.

Too old? Nah. Too expensive based on his age? Possibly and seemingly his value is going up every game.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:01 am

Spurge wrote:
Spurge wrote:Still a yes. Only played for a third if the game but the best moments belonged to him. So unlucky with the volley and his own player denied him from that free kick.

He should have scored and not hit the bar. Sterling would be slaughtered for such a poor miss!

Yeh ok, whatever you say, though it is unfortunate that this remark has led to the thread becoming a platform to defend sterling on what can only have been a tongue in cheek remark based on its lack of relevance.

Back on topic the chance fell to payet shortly after coming on and considering most players need time to adjust to the pace of a game when introduced to the action it's true to say he hit the ground running. His impact was immediate he gave the team a lift, the crowd a lift and got on the ball from the get go, he makes a significant difference to a team full of big name players and that speaks volumes.

Too old? Nah. Too expensive based on his age? Possibly and seemingly his value is going up every game.

Payet has the X factor. The reaction to him from West Ham to France is real, Like Kun, you know he is a level above.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby gillie » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:03 am

Hazy2 wrote:
Spurge wrote:

Payet has the X factor. The reaction to him from West Ham to France is real, Like Kun, you know he is a level above.

Exactly the type of player England needed last night imo.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby phips » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:05 pm

reports are he's gonna fake an injury so he doesnt have to train/play for West Ham again.
not sure why he'd bother since Bilic won't play him anyways....

fuck this guy. sit him on the bench until summer and then sell him to China in the summer for big money and let him toil in that shit league in a country he'll enjoy less than England.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Fidel Castro » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:16 pm

If we were to sign someone from West Ham, I'd go for Antonio. Would be very decent cover as full back or winger. Scores a lot of goals and chips in with good amount of assists, as well. No idea why the lad hasn't been capped for England yet.
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby nottsblue » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:22 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:If we were to sign someone from West Ham, I'd go for Antonio. Would be very decent cover as full back or winger. Scores a lot of goals and chips in with good amount of assists, as well. No idea why the lad hasn't been capped for England yet.

Been in a squad. The moment he goes to the rags/dippers/arse and I dare say ourselves, he gets in the team. England managers for the last twenty odd years have built their sides from players from the top 4/5 club sides irrespective of talent/form and suitability to the position
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby nottsblue » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:37 pm

phips wrote:reports are he's gonna fake an injury so he doesnt have to train/play for West Ham again.
not sure why he'd bother since Bilic won't play him anyways....

fuck this guy. sit him on the bench until summer and then sell him to China in the summer for big money and let him toil in that shit league in a country he'll enjoy less than England.

Spot on with the last paragraph. Bilic would play Payet if needed. He's a football manager whose job is short lived and based on results and West Ham aren't exactly doing brilliantly.

Sadly West Ham aren't likely to let him rot in the reserves either. They are a business and will want to get as much out of their asset as they can. Even us with all our money wouldn't do that. Even Tevez was brought in from the cold in the end
nottsblue

Postby Justified logic » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:43 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Fidel Castro wrote:If we were to sign someone from West Ham, I'd go for Antonio. Would be very decent cover as full back or winger. Scores a lot of goals and chips in with good amount of assists, as well. No idea why the lad hasn't been capped for England yet.

Been in a squad. The moment he goes to the rags/dippers/arse and I dare say ourselves, he gets in the team. England managers for the last twenty odd years have built their sides from players from the top 4/5 club sides irrespective of talent/form and suitability to the position

Doesn't help when they use the likes of Garth Crooks as scouts.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:25 pm

Justified logic wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Garth Crooks?

The most useless "pundit" the BBC have?

How he is involved in football other than a paying spectator I will never know
nottsblue

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:40 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Justified logic wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Garth Crooks?

Well, he does have a pretty extensive.............

........waistline, which is why I always refer to him as Girth Crooks.

Looks like the product of too many chips and dumplings to me. ;)
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Justified logic » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:17 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Justified logic wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Garth Crooks?

You've got to admit he's got a good eye for who's scored the most goals each week. Well, two good eyes actually.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum