Dimitri Payet

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Dimitri Payet

Postby london blue 2 » Tue May 24, 2016 6:17 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
BlueMoonUGA wrote:
Slim wrote:Speaking of French men with dodgy haircuts, what about Mahrez? Just seen us linked to Vardy for a £20M release clause, if I was to choose a Leicester player you'd be hard pressed to find one better than Riyad.

I am always skeptical to jump on someone after one good year but I must say he looked the part and seemed like he could do it all. Navas' work rate is definitely higher but good God at least mahrez can send in a cross and score more often than once every two years. I would love the move actually.

By the way, I do believe he is Algerian. Cheers

remind of the title of this topic and who started it?

where's the laughing so hard i'm crying emoticon when you need it?!

ps - mahrez is french as nasri and nasri as algerian as mahrez

PMSL
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Spurge » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:53 pm

Spurge wrote:Its a yes from me - some of the stuff he can do with a football is amazing. I think he would only flourish more in a better team, (to be fair we were only marginally better than WHU this season but hopefully will be even stronger next).

He reminds me of kinky to a degree, though unlike the Georgian Genius, Payet would have the right players around him and on his waive length. Yeh I'd be happy with that.

Still a yes from me. Hopefully when sagna congratulated him on his goal tonight I he whispered come and join me at city in his ear.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Slim » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:55 pm

Spurge wrote:
Spurge wrote:Its a yes from me - some of the stuff he can do with a football is amazing. I think he would only flourish more in a better team, (to be fair we were only marginally better than WHU this season but hopefully will be even stronger next).

He reminds me of kinky to a degree, though unlike the Georgian Genius, Payet would have the right players around him and on his waive length. Yeh I'd be happy with that.

Still a yes from me. Hopefully when sagna congratulated him on his goal tonight I he whispered come and join me at city in his ear.

Still a no from me, but I have enjoyed watching him all season and an assist and a goal in the opener, amazing performance.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:03 pm

Give him his dues. He stepped up to the plate in the second half when France needed it.
That was a helluva finish.

Still a no from me regardless, for reasons I stated first page. Not for lack of talent on his part.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Mase » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:32 pm

Still a no from me. Absolutely nothing that KDB can't do.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:55 pm

Good job it's Pep that will decide whether we want him
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby littlebig » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:09 pm

Fair play to the lad, he stepped up tonight. Still a no for me though, there'd be others ahead of him on the target list.
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby Renato_CTID » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:18 pm

We don't need him even if he's an impressive player! We've just KDB, end of for me!
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Saul Goodman » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:00 pm

Surprising to see him start out wide...he rately tracks back and leaves his fullback isolated. Its tricky though as France have a great engine room and itd be hard to sacrifice one of them in order to push Payet infield.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Spurge » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:46 am

For me his key strengths would see him be a replacement for Dave not kdb. I don't think Dave as he gets older is ever going to get over or recover as quickly from the ankle in jury that has plagued his career. Payet at a similar point in his career continues to improve and stays fit, he is a play maker that scores more goals than Dave. I do agree that transfer fee would be an issue particularly if he continues to turn in performances like last night.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Slim » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:58 am

Spurge wrote:For me his key strengths would see him be a replacement for Dave not kdb. I don't think Dave as he gets older is ever going to get over or recover as quickly from the ankle in jury that has plagued his career. Payet at a similar point in his career continues to improve and stays fit, he is a play maker that scores more goals than Dave. I do agree that transfer fee would be an issue particularly if he continues to turn in performances like last night.

Payet's age is exactly the reason I think Pep will be looking at someone like Sane instead. He'll want to build for the next 5-10, not 3.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Spurge » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:12 pm

Well unsurprisingly it's still a yes from me. His delivery is of such quality, France should have made more of his set plays and another goal for him to boot. I see Ian Wright taunted Bilic about where he may play his football next season 'not Arsenal' said Bilic.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:57 am

Payet Yes I change my mind. Game changer.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Spurge » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:07 pm

Still a yes. Only played for a third if the game but the best moments belonged to him. So unlucky with the volley and his own player denied him from that free kick.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby sheblue » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:08 pm

Yes, worth a shot.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:40 pm

Spurge wrote:Still a yes. Only played for a third if the game but the best moments belonged to him. So unlucky with the volley and his own player denied him from that free kick.

He should have scored and not hit the bar. Sterling would be slaughtered for such a poor miss!
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:48 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Spurge wrote:Still a yes. Only played for a third if the game but the best moments belonged to him. So unlucky with the volley and his own player denied him from that free kick.

He should have scored and not hit the bar. Sterling would be slaughtered for such a poor miss!

I was thinking same.
It was just s poor first touch.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:24 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:

I was thinking same.

The "Snake Tax" that Sterling has been levied really needs to be settled once and for all....i dunno how you do it, but somehow we've let Scouse victims, rags, the media, London, etc take the piss out of him for a year and it would be nice to see the club and fans support him in an over the top way to help him get his swagger back.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:11 am

Good shout Twatburger, he needs a good song for him for the crowd to sing and drown out the boos from the away fans.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:44 am

Gringo Twatburger wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

I was thinking same.

The "Snake Tax" that Sterling has been levied really needs to be settled once and for all....i dunno how you do it, but somehow we've let Scouse victims, rags, the media, London, etc take the piss out of him for a year and it would be nice to see the club and fans support him in an over the top way to help him get his swagger back.

cheers

I was thinking the same thing, Tony Evans, the scouse media Mafia need to be put in there place.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum