England manager brainfart discussion

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: England manager brainfart discussion

Postby Slim » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:57 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Slim wrote:You are forgetting that Milner was shat on by Villa fans as a money grabbing cunt for hopping ship. Barry was considered the original snake for rejecting Liverpool a year prior and then coming to City.

In both cases they were disliked by their clubs own fans, but the moves barely raised a ripple outside of that from what I remember, though Barry's motives were questioned more widely than Milner's as it seemed an odd move for an established England international joining our 'project' in the early stages.

Actually the running story was he'd be joining City to sit on the bench behind foreign mercenaries, but okay we'll let you keep your blinders. Then what about him leaving? It was clearly established that Milner had more appearances(45) than anyone in the squad with the exception of Navas(47), yet the stories that surrounded him leaving? "Too good to sit on the bench", "I just want to play football", the same stories that accompanied him joining the club...btw, Micah got roped into saying that exact first quote, are you fucking kidding me? BTW, in Liverpool's last 10 matches, he only played 5 and was left out of the squad completely for 4 of them, guess he was too good to sit on the bench.

Again, it's an opportunity to heap shit on City. The same treatment was given to Rodwell, Sinclair and Johnson and there was definite discrimination against a certain colour there, but the colour is blue.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum