England manager brainfart discussion

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

England manager brainfart discussion

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Mon May 16, 2016 11:17 am

Do they ever learn?

Wilshere...made of glass..hardly played...out of practice...gets picked

Do not pick injured/ injury prone players

Quite simple really...but England managers keep doing this..

And...playing players out of position...cue vardy on the left.

Hope they lose all 3 games
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Re: England manager brainfart discussion

Postby Wonderwall » Mon May 16, 2016 11:44 am

Bianchi on Ice wrote:Do they ever learn?

Wilshere...made of glass..hardly played...out of practice...gets picked

Do not pick injured/ injury prone players

Quite simple really...but England managers keep doing this..

And...playing players out of position...cue vardy on the left.

Hope they lose all 3 games

Wilshire 3 games this season. Accident waiting to happen or a very fresh player? He is a dickhead in his personal life but a very talented footballer. Then you have Andros head down 1 dimensional Townsend. Played for relegated Newcastle. Form player eh?
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby PrezIke » Mon May 16, 2016 11:46 am

I think you have to pick Wilshere for the provisional squad, at least. You could make an argument for Noble, but if Wilshere is in form and fit he's certainly the better player.

Who will end up starting in the middle is a good question. I think Roy wants to play Wilshere and I'd probably partner him with Drinkwater. Henderson should not start, and I'd have Dier and even Milner ahead of him. Delph surely will be cut. Not sure if Alli will play as a holding or attacking midfielder, but he has to start somewhere.

Rashford was clearly selected as a wildcard, and primarily to give him experience/see how he performs competing for a place. He's not even played for the U-21s, which does raise some questions when Hodgson could have included Carroll or Dafoe, but the 5th forward has pretty much zero chance of making the squad anyway.

Central defence is the biggest worry for England. Smalling, who was okay this season, and Cahill who is getting old, do not exactly inspire confidence against top sides. The fullbacks in the squad can provide the width missing from midfield, but they are not so great in providing protection.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby nottsblue » Mon May 16, 2016 4:53 pm

No Noble is a kick in the teeth for every player out there who has had a good season
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby london blue 2 » Mon May 16, 2016 6:15 pm

Stick Delph in there as well.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby PeterParker » Mon May 16, 2016 6:16 pm

So what would be the standard eleven at the moment?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby bigblue » Mon May 16, 2016 6:34 pm

nottsblue wrote:No Noble is a kick in the teeth for every player out there who has had a good season

Yep, and Michail Antonio should be in there on merit as well.

How wilshire (and Henderson to a lesser degree) can be picked after being injured again for the whole season is mind-boggling. And including rashford over Defoe or Carroll just proves that the club on your shirt matters more than your performance on the field.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby gillie » Mon May 16, 2016 6:49 pm

bigblue wrote:
nottsblue wrote:No Noble is a kick in the teeth for every player out there who has had a good season

How wilshire (and Henderson to a lesser degree) can be picked after being injured again for the whole season is mind-boggling. And including rashford over Defoe or Carroll just proves that the club on your shirt matters more than your performance on the field.

Exactly where is Cleverly in the squad oh I forgot he no longer plays for the rags.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby nottsblue » Mon May 16, 2016 6:52 pm

bigblue wrote:

Antonio deserves a place far more than either Townsend or Sterling for that matter. Good shout. I know Defoe is 33 but he scores goals and has done for 16 years. He of all the players mentioned must feel aggrieved the most. Lallana? You may as may field Joey fucking Barton
nottsblue

Postby MilnersJaw » Mon May 16, 2016 7:24 pm

rashford aka messi has played a few games and scored a few goals but all of a sudden hes in the england squad. if it were any other team he wouldn't get a sniff.

england will never learn, this kid should be playing in the under 21s until he is ready.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Sister of fu » Mon May 16, 2016 7:26 pm

If Rashford played for Watford and scored 7 goals would he be in the squad?
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby nottsblue » Mon May 16, 2016 7:30 pm

Sister of fu wrote:If Rashford played for Watford and scored 7 goals would he be in the squad?

If he played for Watford and scored 27 he wouldn't be in the squad. Then the moment he signed for the rags/dippers/arse he is in.
nottsblue

Postby bigblue » Mon May 16, 2016 7:39 pm

Sister of fu wrote:If Rashford played for Watford and scored 7 goals would he be in the squad?

Deeney has 15. Not the greatest player but has more character than 1/2 the announced England squad combined
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby sidSmith » Mon May 16, 2016 7:56 pm

Sister of fu wrote:If Rashford played for any other team than the scum and scored 7 goals would he be in the squad?
sidSmith
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby michaelcityfan » Mon May 16, 2016 8:05 pm

Surprised they didn't just pick every England qualified rag player and add Ryan shawcross for reasons of thuggery
michaelcityfan
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby aaron bond » Tue May 17, 2016 12:25 am

michaelcityfan wrote:Surprised they didn't just pick every England qualified rag player and add Ryan shawcross for reasons of thuggery

Shawcross is a far better centre back than Stones though.

Still trying to work out what talent Stones has...
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue May 17, 2016 11:30 am

No way. And if Carroll or Defoe or Noble played for the Raggy cunts or the bin dippers they'd all be in the side for sure.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Alioune DVToure » Tue May 17, 2016 11:46 am

Rashford, Wilshere and Delph are lucky to have made the cut. Noble, Defoe and Carroll are unlucky not to have made the cut.

My impression is that, all in all, it's quite an exciting, ballsy young squad with plenty of pace and self-belief, and one which is free from the burden of hype which has doomed past England teams. If we win the group, who knows how far we can go?

The biggest problem - and one which nobody seems to have picked up on - is what the fuck we do if one of Smalling or Cahill gets injured. A back five of Hart-Clyne-Smalling-Cahill-Rose is fine but the defensive options beyond that are appalling.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue May 17, 2016 11:50 am

Alioune DVToure wrote:Rashford, Wilshere and Delph are lucky to have made the cut. Noble, Defoe and Carroll are unlucky not to have made the cut.

My impression is that, all in all, it's quite an exciting, ballsy young squad with plenty of pace and self-belief, and one which is free from the burden of hype which has doomed past England teams. If we win the group, who knows how far we can go?

The biggest problem - and one which nobody seems to have picked up on - is what the fuck we do if one of Smalling or Cahill gets injured. A back five of Hart-Clyne-Smalling-Cahill-Rose is fine but the defensive options beyond that are appalling.

Appalling is a bit harsh. Is there that much of a drop in quality to the second string?

Walker, Dier, Stones, Bertrand
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Tue May 17, 2016 11:56 am

DoomMerchant wrote:

No way. And if Carroll or Defoe or Noble played for the Raggy cunts or the bin dippers they'd all be in the side for sure.

Cheers

You wouldn't blame noble to ask for a move to the scum to give himself a chance of a call-up. It's laughable that before every tournament England go into it carrying flaky players. I remember in 82 Greenwood taking the unfit Keegan and brooking to Spain...they played 20 minutes. Bryan Robson in 86..had a dislocated shoulder nah itll be ok as long as he doesnt fall over...oops...beckhams foot soap opera...etc etc...Sorry but if you are out of practice and not up to the intensity of a tournament where its possibly 5-6 games close together then forget it..England managers keep doing this and as far as I can remember it has never paid off
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: warren beatty

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum