As Yaya is no doubt off, here is a reminder of his...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

As Yaya is no doubt off, here is a reminder of his...

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon May 16, 2016 7:02 am

...contributions over the years.

Watch on youtube.com
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Re: As Yaya is no doubt off, here is a reminder of his...

Postby Sister of fu » Mon May 16, 2016 7:14 am

Scored 4 goals that I saw live in the flesh that will stay with me forever, rags, Stoke and Sunderland at Wembley and the one vs Villa. On his day probably the greatest player I have seen at City.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon May 16, 2016 7:17 am

Sister of fu wrote:Scored 4 goals that I saw live in the flesh that will stay with me forever, rags, Stoke and Sunderland at Wembley and the one vs Villa. On his day probably the greatest player I have seen at City.

I would agree, had I not seen Colin Bell regularly. Best since for me.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Hazy2 » Mon May 16, 2016 8:25 am

Some of the stick from City fans has been a disgrace, The man has done more for us than anyone could ever have imagined. One of the Greatest MF players ever and puts the likes of Gerrard/Scholes in his shadow imho. This season will not over shadow his legacy, Great player and yesterday unlike the likes of Sterling who fucked off without a glance, showed the away support, the true support the respect many question and what some players think is beneath them.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby City64 » Mon May 16, 2016 9:21 am

Some of the greatest moments I have witnessed as a city fan Yaya was a key part . Big game player in the 2012 and 14 seasons immense contribution taking important games by the scruff of the neck and virtually untouchable with his strength , guile , first touch and remarkable passing ability . Together with some truely wonderful goals Yaya was truely world class for a number of seasons . That's what I will forever remember him for , fantastic player when at his peak forever in our history and will be incredible difficult to replace .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon May 16, 2016 9:24 am

yaya sums up the last 5 years at the club for me.

unfuckingbelievable at times and has provided some stellar moments but that's been tempered by too many lacklustre performances with pathetic body language that's taken this piss out of the fans.

thanks for the memories, yaya but now it's time to move on....
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Mase » Mon May 16, 2016 9:25 am

Hazy2 wrote:Some of the stick from City fans has been a disgrace,

So if it turns out Fritzl saved someone's like once that means he isn't still an angin bellend?

Or are you saying Yaya deserved to do literally fuck all these past two years because he's scored some very important goals for us?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon May 16, 2016 9:57 am

Mint player and easily one of our best EVER such a shame this season he has walked around being a lazy fucker.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby gmercer1 » Mon May 16, 2016 10:07 am

He looks about 4 stone lighter in those clips.

He was amazing, simple as that. Just a shame its ended the way it has with the lack of effort this past season.
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon May 16, 2016 10:27 am

In amongst the apathetic displays and the general lethargy this season there have been some bright moments

http://youtu.be/qxRY0s-ROq0

He did get into double figures in the league last season too despite a poor season by the standard he set the year before.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Dimples » Mon May 16, 2016 10:58 am

Thanks YaYa.
Without you it would have been 0 pots in 5 years.
Only you really know if it
could have been more than 5 in 5.

5 in 5 after our famine is good enough for me - thanks big man.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby blues2win » Mon May 16, 2016 11:24 am

He played some great matches and scored some very important goals. People forget the 2 goals he scored away to Newcastle in the second last match before our first title. But as Bill Shankly, I think, once said I like players to lose their legs on somebody else's pitch. Brutal but true. Yaya can still do a decent job in a slower paced league but I don't see him contributing strongly at City anymore. Plus he'll be off to the fucking ACON next season. Thanks mate but we won't be sorry to see the back of your shitty agent.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Hazy2 » Mon May 16, 2016 11:26 am

Mase wrote:

So if it turns out Fritzl saved someone's like once that means he isn't still an angin bellend?

Or are you saying Yaya deserved to do literally fuck all these past two years because he's scored some very important goals for us?

I am saying have a great summer, slating players of the ability he has and has shown is not for me. If fans want to use the sort of disgusting words to describe a player who has done so much fine, crack on, it is just not for me, or for a club of our class ?. Some of it has been shameful towards him and others this season.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ray78 » Mon May 16, 2016 11:34 am

You cannot knock his contribution and achievements at the club but it doesn't excuse his half arsed performances under both Mancini and Pellegrini while being captain and airing his dirty laundry (through his agent) in public. It is the same with Tevez.
Ray78
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Erm.......

Postby Mase » Mon May 16, 2016 11:39 am

Hazy2 wrote:
Mase wrote:

I am saying have a great summer, slating players of the ability he has and has shown is not for me. If fans want to use the sort of disgusting words to describe a player who has done so much fine, crack on, it is just not for me, or for a club of our class ?. Some of it has been shameful towards him and others this season.

Such as what mate? If I was a non football fan and have just read what you've put I'd think that Yaya had been verbally abused at every match, his windows smashed on his car (Bale), people turning up at his house to abuse him (Rags-Rooney).

People have expressed they have thought he's been lazy the past two years. Nothing wrong with that whatsoever.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Wonderwall » Mon May 16, 2016 11:40 am

Ray78 wrote:You cannot knock his contribution and achievements at the club but it doesn't excuse his half arsed performances under both Mancini and Pellegrini while being captain and airing his dirty laundry (through his agent) in public.

True, the agent part is the issue. Publicly backing what your agent has said when he was being a dickhead, is a stupid thing to do.

He will go down as a big game player who scored vital goals for us. I am very glad we got him and think he has been a great signing. Also the songs we had for him were a bonus. The yaya/Kolo song is still a cult classic, sang by people in nightclubs and at festivals, even other sports like the darts.

I do think his time is up now though. He has had a poor season.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ray78 » Mon May 16, 2016 11:55 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Ray78 wrote:You cannot knock his contribution and achievements at the club but it doesn't excuse his half arsed performances under both Mancini and Pellegrini while being captain and airing his dirty laundry (through his agent) in public.

True, the agent part is the issue. Publicly backing what your agent has said when he was being a dickhead, is a stupid thing to do.

He will go down as a big game player who scored vital goals for us. I am very glad we got him and think he has been a great signing. Also the songs we had for him were a bonus. The yaya/Kolo song is still a cult classic, sang by people in nightclubs and at festivals, even other sports like the darts.

I do think his time is up now though. He has had a poor season.

It's a shame it has ended this way. I wish him well at his next club (except when playing against us).
Ray78
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Erm.......

Postby Slim » Mon May 16, 2016 12:46 pm

The most unplayable player I've ever seen in a City shirt.

When he was in the mood he looked like a giant playing against small children.

Best player since Colin Bell? Well it's either him or Aguero.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon May 16, 2016 12:48 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Some of the stick from City fans has been a disgrace, .

Your fuckign deluded at times mate....It is beyond argument that YAYA has been an immense player for us on the field AT TIMES, and some of those times were KEY TIMES but overall he had more shit games than good games...I dont even think thats arguable.

YAYA got the shit he got because he defended his DIRTY SLIME BAG agent who slagged off our club and slagged it off always prior to a big game or at an important time of the season.........YAYA was a disgrace backing him, which he did all the fuckign time.

Dont tell me im a disgrace for defending my club against this kind of behaviour...CITY comes first and always will and I will never be blind sided because some fuckign player played well and won us cups and for the rest of the time was an absolute shit head.

Thank you YAYA...now go get some more millions elsewhere with your CUNT of an agent.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby sheblue » Mon May 16, 2016 1:31 pm

Bye Bye YAYA, thanks for the good memories.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum